There are 269 users in the forums

**The Offical Brooks Reed Bandwagon**

I would like him in the 2nd very much.
[ Edited by WINiner on Apr 16, 2011 at 7:59 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
FWIW

Quote:
One "savvy" NFL talent evaluator tells Pro Football Weekly that Brooks Reed should "give half his signing bonus to Clay Matthews" if the Arizona pass rusher cracks the draft's first round.
Just remember it's disinformation season. The evaluator concedes that Reed has a nonstop motor, but questions his fluidity, lack of more than one pass-rush move, and inability to shed blocks. Whether it's right or not, Matthews comparisons have surely helped Reed. The two have similar ten-yard splits, in addition to mediocre college production and long, blonde hair.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
FWIW

Quote:
One "savvy" NFL talent evaluator tells Pro Football Weekly that Brooks Reed should "give half his signing bonus to Clay Matthews" if the Arizona pass rusher cracks the draft's first round.
Just remember it's disinformation season. The evaluator concedes that Reed has a nonstop motor, but questions his fluidity, lack of more than one pass-rush move, and inability to shed blocks. Whether it's right or not, Matthews comparisons have surely helped Reed. The two have similar ten-yard splits, in addition to mediocre college production and long, blonde hair.

I agree that the comparison is overblown, but calling his college production mediocre I think is off base. As was mentioned earlier, if you watched any UA games Reed was constantly tearing up the backfield and in quarterback's faces. His opposite DE Ricky Elmore had 11 sacks last year (to Reed's 6.5) I think in large part to the fact the Reed was collapsing the pocket and driving the QB right into Elmore's arms.
AlbertBreer: RT @TheJetsStream: Spoke to #NFL executive about Parcells' evaluation of Brooks Reed as 4th round talent: "Sounds about right," he said.
Originally posted by PTulini:
AlbertBreer: RT @TheJetsStream: Spoke to #NFL executive about Parcells' evaluation of Brooks Reed as 4th round talent: "Sounds about right," he said.

he is a pass rusher only as a pass ruher he is 1st round talent against the run he sucks
3rd round maybe he's still there
him and Aldon Smith
Share 49ersWebzone