LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

**The Offical Brooks Reed Bandwagon**

Anyone who is following the draft knows that pass rushing OLB's is a strength in this class. We have all been talking about Miller and Quinn but it's very well possible both might not be there when we pick. Plus we might have a shot at Peterson at #7 which is a lock if he's there. I didn't see anything written on Reed when I searched for him so if there's a forum already on him I apologize. I would like to get the thoughts of others on the zone about him.

This guy will be a beast as a pass rushing OLB. He has a high motor, high character, played against decent competition, and has a nose for the football. When I see him I think of Justin Smith in the body of an OLB (not just because he's also white ). IMO this would be an awesome pick in the 2nd and the type of player who I would also consider moving up to get.

Combine stats:

6'3", 263lbs
40: 4.66sec
Bench: 30

2010 stats (Arizona)

Tackles: 47
Tackle for loss: 10
Sacks: 6.5 (8.5 in 2009)

[ Edited by mavfd9er on Feb 28, 2011 at 4:00 PM ]
I hope u meant 263lbs. But if he ran 4.6 he just made some money
Been on this sucker. Would love to see us grab him in the 2nd round if we pass on a pass rusher at 7
Originally posted by filthyrich49er:
I hope u meant 263lbs. But if he ran 4.6 he just made some money

lol ya I meant 263. But yes he did run a 4.6. What was also pretty eye poping was his 30 reps of 225. I would also like to note that he OWNED Anthony Castonzo at the Senior Bowl.

Love to see us come out of this draft with 2 OLB
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Love to see us come out of this draft with 2 OLB

I agree, we need as much pass rush as we can generate. I would like to see one or two replacements in our OLBs. So if we got two out of this list Quinn/Miller/Kerrigan/Reed/Moch I would be very happy.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for mavfd9er.
Interesting scouting report I saw on him.

http://draftbreakdown.com/brooks-reed-not-a-household-name-yet
Good God, those combine stats are a real eye opener. How is it that not many people have been talking about this kid. That's a lot bigger than Von Miller and only a tenth of a second slower.

Does anyone know why he hasn't been rated higher?
Love this guy, and not just because I'm a former Wildcat.

If our QB isn't there in the 2nd and Reed is then I'd love to get him. He's been one of the hottest names in the draft the past few weeks so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he sneaks into the bottom of Round 1. Smells a lot like a Patriots pick @ 28 - little risk for them to roll the dice with their 2nd pick of the round.
Originally posted by Digger:

If our QB isn't there in the 2nd and Reed is then I'd love to get him. He's been one of the hottest names in the draft the past few weeks so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he sneaks into the bottom of Round 1. Smells a lot like a Patriots pick @ 28 - little risk for them to roll the dice with their 2nd pick of the round.

I agree with you on the Patriots. They concern me the most being that they're in need of an pass rushing OLB. I'll keep my fingers crossed we get him. May need to move up to make it happen.

Arizona DE Brooks Reed's 1.54 ten-yard split at the Scouting Combine was by far the fastest recorded by pass rushers in Indianapolis.
To put this in even greater perspective, Reed cleared ten yards quicker than A.J. Green, Jerrel Jernigan, Von Miller, and Randall Cobb. Reed's ten-yard split is Clay Matthews-like, which is ironic as the two are commonly compared. At 6-foot-3 and 263 pounds, Reed projects as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the league and has emerged as a sleeper for the first round.
rotoworld.com

Originally posted by mavfd9er:
Originally posted by Digger:

I agree with you on the Patriots. They concern me the most being that they're in need of an pass rushing OLB. I'll keep my fingers crossed we get him. May need to move up to make it happen.

If you watched any Arizona games, he wasn't a secret, he was in on every play and always was singled out by announcers time after time. I think he just get's over shadowed by a stereotype that he is more high-motor than athletic, however he just proved his athleticism at the combine so he is gone in the 20's.

If he's there... the patriots may be willing to shop that pick since it's the patriots and they've traded with us before. Any draft that would land Miller/Peterson @ 7 and Reed at 28 would be an instant success. Dream would be doing what it takes to land Miller and Reed, then signing Nnamdi... championship!
I'd just like it to be known that I was a huge fan of Brooks Reed way back in early November... before he was even thought of as a rd 1-4 prospect.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=420003&start=0
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I'd just like it to be known that I was a huge fan of Brooks Reed way back in early November... before he was even thought of as a rd 1-4 prospect.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=420003&start=0

Oldman9er.....your cheating on us with another forum? Lol, j/k. But yeah, you've had Brooks in both your mocks
Nov.6th http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=148482
Dec.29th http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=150633

I always like to keep a look out for your mocks, they're always done well. So I remember you being high on Brooks Reed.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Arizona DE Brooks Reed's 1.54 ten-yard split at the Scouting Combine was by far the fastest recorded by pass rushers in Indianapolis.
To put this in even greater perspective, Reed cleared ten yards quicker than A.J. Green, Jerrel Jernigan, Von Miller, and Randall Cobb. Reed's ten-yard split is Clay Matthews-like, which is ironic as the two are commonly compared. At 6-foot-3 and 263 pounds, Reed projects as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the league and has emerged as a sleeper for the first round.
rotoworld.com

raiders will sell their whole farm for him...
[ Edited by communist on Mar 4, 2011 at 2:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone