LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

PTulini's Mock Draft- Version 1 (02/26/11)

Love the mock PT! I think Prince is a flatout stud and Ponder is my pick for QB too. Love you got 2 QBs and 2 CBs too. I like the fast change of pace RB. Him or Dion Lewis or Taiwan Jones are my late round favorites at RB. With Dalton struggling at the combine, do you see him slipping past the 4th? I'd love to somehow get Ponder and Dalton. Overall, great draft man.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Love the mock PT! I think Prince is a flatout stud and Ponder is my pick for QB too. Love you got 2 QBs and 2 CBs too. I like the fast change of pace RB. Him or Dion Lewis or Taiwan Jones are my late round favorites at RB. With Dalton struggling at the combine, do you see him slipping past the 4th? I'd love to somehow get Ponder and Dalton. Overall, great draft man.

Dalton is struggling at the combine? Did I miss something? He looked good in passing drills to me. Disclaimer, I am not a professional NFL scout.
PT, I like a lot of your picks. I would be more than happy with Prince, but I really want a premier pass rusher.

Can you list the first 6 players taken so that we can see what our options are?
I stopped reading when you decided to keep Jeff Reed over Joe Nedney
  • dj43
PT,
In your mock, who was chosen prior to selecting Amukamara at #7?
Originally posted by mebemused:
Are you assuming that Quinn, Miller, Bowers, and Dareus are all off the board at #7?
After Ponder aced his throwing test at the combine, he might not even be there at #45.
And how about replacing Nedney with Alex Henery in the 5th round?

FYI, I made this mock before the QBs went at the Combine on Sunday. I agree about Christian Ponder, we may need to make some moves to get him.
Originally posted by dj43:
PT,

Here is my top 7 picks:

1. CAR- DE Da'Quan Bowers
2. DEN- CB Patrick Peterson
3. BUF- DT Marcell Dareus
4. CIN- WR AJ Green
5. ARZ- LB Von Miller
6. CLE- DE Robert Quinn
7. SF- CB Prince Amukamara
8. TEN- QB Blaine Gabbert
9. DAL- OT Anthony Castonzo
10 WSH- WR Jolio Jones
[ Edited by PTulini on Feb 28, 2011 at 11:22 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
PT,

Here is my top 7 picks:

4. CIN- WR AJ Green
5. ARZ- LB Von Miller
6. CLE- DE Robert Quinn
10 WSH- WR Jolio Jones

So you don't see Fairley going in the top 10?

I gotta be honest, I think if the draft unfolded this way, I'd take Fairley over Prince. I think he's be a beast as a 3-4 DE. Yeah, he sounds like a jerk, but we're not drafting people to hang out with my grandma.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by PTulini:
PT,

Here is my top 7 picks:

4. CIN- WR AJ Green
5. ARZ- LB Von Miller
6. CLE- DE Robert Quinn
10 WSH- WR Jolio Jones

So you don't see Fairley going in the top 10?

I gotta be honest, I think if the draft unfolded this way, I'd take Fairley over Prince. I think he's be a beast as a 3-4 DE. Yeah, he sounds like a jerk, but we're not drafting people to hang out with my grandma.

I agree with you. I like Nick Fairley and I wouldn't mind the pick, but I was actually thinking he could go to HOU at #11 or MIN at #12. I have QB Cam Newton going to MIA at #15!
Quote:

Maryland RB Da'rel Scott, meanwhile, tallied the fastest 40-yard dash (4.34) among all offensive participants at the combine while also ranking among the top-15 running backs in both the 60-yard shuttle (11.51, seventh) and the 20-yard shuttle (4.20, 14th). The 5-foot-11, 211 pounder, who battled injuries and inconsistency during his final two seasons in College Park, is projected as a sixth-seventh round pick, although that could very well change after his showing at the combine.

Read more: Comcast SportsNet - Authentic Bay Area Sports
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

- CSN BayArea

• Shifty
  • Veteran
I'd like to see what your free agent signings would be with this draft
Nice job! I do think Amukamara will drop out of the top 10, but thats just my opinion.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I'd like to see what your free agent signings would be with this draft

I didn't include free agents because of the unknown status with the CBA.
[ Edited by PTulini on Mar 1, 2011 at 1:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone