There are 170 users in the forums

Grade this 49ers Draft for me:

• 9moon
  • Veteran
1) Patrick Peterson, CB - LSU (He's no Deion, but being compared to Rod Woodson isnt bad either)

2) Stefen Wisniewski, C/G - Penn St (Baas decided to test the market and the 49ers welcomed it with open arm)

3a) Andy Dalton, QB - TCU (The only QB the 9ers really like besides Newton who was taken in the 1st round)

3b) Jerrel Jennigan, WR - Troy (Harbaugh isn't impress with the teams' current receiving corps; traded with 4b & 6a)

4a) Owen Marecic, FB - Stanford (Harbaugh and SI once called him "The Perfect Football Player")

5) Greg Romeus, DT - Pitt (SF found Walsh's missing videotapes and the first lesson was never to stay away from Damaged Goods)

6b) Casey Matthews, ILB - Oregon (No doubt that this Matthews is the best player on board at this stage)

7a) DeAndre Brown, WR - So Miss (At 6'5" and over 230lbs, this kid could be the next Marques Colston)

7b) Devon Torrence, CB - Ohio St ( You can't go wrong with a Buckeye in the 7th Round)
Originally posted by 9moon:
1) Patrick Peterson, CB - LSU (He's no Deion, but being compared to Rod Woodson isnt bad either)

2) Stefen Wisniewski, C/G - Penn St (Baas decided to test the market and the 49ers welcomed it with open arm)

3a) Andy Dalton, QB - TCU (The only QB the 9ers really like besides Newton who was taken in the 1st round)

3b) Jerrel Jennigan, WR - Troy (Harbaugh isn't impress with the teams' current receiving corps; traded with 4b & 6a)

4a) Owen Marecic, FB - Stanford (Harbaugh and SI once called him "The Perfect Football Player")

5) Greg Romeus, DT - Pitt (SF found Walsh's missing videotapes and the first lesson was never to stay away from Damaged Goods)

6b) Casey Matthews, ILB - Oregon (No doubt that this Matthews is the best player on board at this stage)

7a) DeAndre Brown, WR - So Miss (At 6'5" and over 230lbs, this kid could be the next Marques Colston)

7b) Devon Torrence, CB - Ohio St ( You can't go wrong with a Buckeye in the 7th Round)

B
Initial thought... A- but I don't think most of those players will be in those spots.
B

0 pass rushers

I would say B- due to that Wisniewski even though had a good combine would still b there when we pick in Rd 3. And there is no pass rush at all in this draft, which as we all know is a HUGE need. Plus I think Mathews goes before the sixth. But I would love to get Peterson and Dalton.

Romeus would be our rush LB, so I am confused as to why you have him as a DT?
Love picks 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6. I would be very happy with this draft especially if we can get a QB in FA along with a pass rusher.
Your a mel kiper prodigy

B+

1. LOVE Patrick Paterson if he's there (don't think he will be)

2. Like Wizz but not sure we need an o-lineman that early after last year, we have bigger needs (funny i'm saying this b/c in my 1st mock draft I had us taking Moffitt bc i'm so tired of Chilo)

3a. Dalton is so-so. Not sure I want another QB that we have to teach how to take a snap and drop back, would MUCH rather have Christian Ponder.

3b. Don't think he'll be here. He has a rd. 2 grade from most "experts" I like both Boise St. WR's or Greg Salas in later rounds. We need a big bodied WR that we can throw fades to (TO/Andre Johnson type) or really fast (DeSean Jackson/Steve Smith) type of WR's that can actually catch the ball.

4. LOVE Marecic. About to make a post about Marecic. I believe getting him is VERY important for 3 very important reasons. 1. We need to get younger and upgrade the FB position. 2. He can be our next Michael Robinson on Special Teams. and 3. and most importantly to me. He can be a coach on the field to the team. Last year he played FB and LB so he knows the FB position, not to mention the Defense in and out. I honestly believe we need to target him, even if we take him a Rd before he should go.

5. Greg Romeus- I also have him in my mock draft however he is a DE. You have him as a DT. He's 6-5 270. Has had a lot of injuries however could be a huge steal if he can stay healthy. This could be the pass rusher we need on the other side of Justin Smith.

6b. Casey Matthews- Don't think he'll be as good as his brother but could be a good ST player and who knows, with his bloodline it might be worth a shot taking him if he falls this far.

7a. Don't think we need to take 2 WR's. I believe Crabtree could be a #1 if we get him a big WR or Speedy WR. I believe Crabtree and Morgan are too similiar to be our 1-2 combo.

7b. Not a bad place to take a shot on CB/DT/DE
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Romeus is not an OLB, he never was, and he never will.. at PITT, they had him at DT and DE.. i figure that he'll make our team as a DT because he couldnt compete with the DEs that we have now..

Mel Kiper prodigy, is that good or bad??

[ Edited by 9moon on Feb 26, 2011 at 11:06 PM ]

Hmm...no pass rushers and an o-lineman in the 2nd...Doesn't work for me. At all.
Who's our starting QB this year?

If it's Andy Dalton or any QB we currently have than I don't like this draft.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Where's the pass rush?
C

2 WRs and no pass rushers?
B- (5 choices are fine, but no pass rusher?)

1) Patrick Peterson, CB - LSU--Playmaker is a good pick
2) Stefen Wisniewski, C/G - Penn St--If we need a center or OG, good choice
3a) Andy Dalton, QB - TCU--OK, didn't look amazing but a project.
3b) Jerrel Jennigan, WR - Troy--won't be there
4a) Owen Marecic, FB - Stanford--knows Harbaugh system, good choice
5) Greg Romeus, DT - Pitt--rather see a pass rusher
6b) Casey Matthews, ILB - Oregon--how can you not want a Matthews?
7a) DeAndre Brown, WR - So Miss--more pressing needs
7b) Devon Torrence, CB - Ohio St--OK, but still need a pass rusher
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 27, 2011 at 8:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone