There are 267 users in the forums

QB Poll, who would draft, trade or sign?

QB Poll, who would draft, trade or sign?

• sfout
  • Veteran
This is an inclusive list as I can make, maxed out the options. Who and why? I put an emphasis on the draft since we might not be making any player involved trades or have free agency until the CBA is finished. Try and be constructive, any pros or cons for any of these guys put them out there.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 26, 2011 at 8:10 AM ]
Nice list. The only option I see missing is Kevin Kolb.
That's interesting. Both of the two moves I'd like to see them make are leading the vote. I guess I'm not the only one that wants to see them draft Kaepernick and sign Palmer.....
Originally posted by Vonjohnson80:
Nice list. The only option I see missing is Kevin Kolb.

kevin kolb isnt much if at all better than alex smith
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
If we can make a trade and wants to win now, then it should be Carson Palmer and that such an ez choice..

I would then draft a defensive player with the 7th pick, then trade for the Patriots second 1st rounder and draft Jake Locker and have him learn behind Carson....

But if the above cant be done, i would try and sign Bulger ONLY after drafting Cam in the 7th spot.. I figure he can keep it warm for a moment until Cam learns how to play...
I'm one of the biggest speculators of all time... always coming up with "my picks". But for the first time ever, I have faith that our HC/GM knows more than I do... I have faith that they'll make the right choice.

For the record I voted Flynn (not based on his 1x game performance... more that he's spent a few years in the same system as A-Rod and hey he turned out pretty good). Draft wise I'm on the Ponder bandwagon - but Flynn got my vote for being more "ready made".

and for what it's worth I wanted us to draft Alex Smith ... so what would I know? common he pwnd in those Utah games!!! LOL

1st round - Peterson/Miller/Quinn
2nd round - *traded for Flynn*/Ponder

If we don't pick up Flynn and go with Ponder I like Seneca Wallace as a vet WCO QB.
[ Edited by Milkman on Feb 26, 2011 at 10:57 PM ]
Does anyone think maybe bringing back Alex for 1 more year. Not draft a QB and then next season trade whatever it takes to get Luck?
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
Does anyone think maybe bringing back Alex for 1 more year. Not draft a QB and then next season trade whatever it takes to get Luck?

Well if Harbaugh isn't thrilled about any of these QBs don't see why that can't be an option. Although I did vote for Ponder myself
My dream scenario:

Starter - McNabb
Backup - Troy Smith
Prospect - Cam Newton

McNabb could be had without a mega-contract after he flopped in DC. The Skins I bet will cut him and go a different direction.

Troy Smith as we saw last year is competent enough to win some games if called upon as a backup and comes without any baggage.

Donovan has always seemed like a class act throughout his career, and would mentor young Cam. McNabb knows the pressures of being a top pick, learning WCO, being a big mobile QB. It would be a good fit.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 27, 2011 at 1:18 AM ]

TRADE A 1ST AND 4TH FOR KEVIN KOLB...
Originally posted by castrellon12:
TRADE A 1ST AND 4TH FOR KEVIN KOLB...

Share 49ersWebzone