LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

I think AJ Green is the safest pick in the 1st round

I would rather have Patrick Peterson but its going to be tough for us to get him. You can argue the same thing for AJ Green but he is really climbing up the board for me on the want list. I never really noticed how actually physical he was in college. This guy is going to thrive in the NFL. His hands are really good but whoever gets this guy will love him.

This video makes me want to really draft him.

[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Feb 26, 2011 at 6:56 AM ]
I'd put Dareus right behind him.
hes gonna be damn near impossible to get when he runs a 4.4 40 at the combine
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I would rather have Patrick Peterson but its going to be tough for us to get him. You can argue the same thing for AJ Green but he is really climbing up the board for me on the want list. I never really noticed how actually physical he was in college. This guy is going to thrive in the NFL. His hands are really good but whoever gets this guy will love him.

This video makes me want to really draft him.

Wow! he is s**t the monster his catch the one hand for touch down! He is very good route and great speed more than Crabtree
Originally posted by Knowledge:
yeah, i see oakland trading their next 3 drafts for him.
Originally posted by communist:

i highly doubt he runs that fast. his in game speed is another issue
AJ is a beast.. We have much greater needs than WR, but if AJ is still there at #7 he would be hard to pass up.

I still see him going at #4 to the Bengals. With TO and Ocho leaving, drafting the best WR on the board and BPA just makes too much sense.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I look at this kid's build and I think this:

Stick Man

Then I watch him play and I think this:

Iron Man

I still can't help being a little worried about him at the next level, though. Am I crazy? Is there a WR in the NFL right now that has a build like his? I know Randy Moss is an easy comparison, but I think even Moss looks thicker to me. Even though I know they are the same size....

His play on the field just does not fit what I see from his build. It's a trip.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
AJ is a beast.. We have much greater needs than WR, but if AJ is still there at #7 he would be hard to pass up.

I still see him going at #4 to the Bengals. With TO and Ocho leaving, drafting the best WR on the board and BPA just makes too much sense.

Cosigned... If Cinci wants to try to make Carson happy picking up a real WR without problems like Green would make sense.

My safest picks are probably Dareus and Amukamara, I think both of them are pretty much locks to atleast be good players.
I don't think there is such a thing as a safe pick and I don't see how Green is safer than anyone else.

I've seen too many can't miss off-the-charts good prospects bust over the years.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by communist:

i highly doubt he runs that fast. his in game speed is another issue

i must have been talking out of my arsehole. dude was blazing
hes a monster! our team with frank's all purpose capabilities, the freak v.d, crabtrree, and him!?! imagine how unstopable we would be if we dont have alex smith!

but yea hes a for sure stud in the nfl
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
who are we the Lions
Von miller is the safest pick!
Patrick Peterson is the safest pick, A.J. Green is 2nd IMO. Peterson is a beast physically...probably going to run a 4.3 or lower at the combine and shown that he can cover elite WR's in A.J.Green and Julio Jones. I'd be thrilled if we got him at 7.

Plus, no way we get Green when we just spend a #10 on Crabtree couple of yrs ago.
Share 49ersWebzone