There are 222 users in the forums

NFLN Mike Lombardi's Mock Draft- Top 10

my wife even knows AJ Green is going in the top 10 at this point I'd be shocked if he didn't go before the 9ers pick.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Lombardis a dumbass.
aldon smith? no thanks
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Lombardis a dumbass.

Yeah I'm sure we all know more than a guy who sat in the room with Bill Walsh for some of the greatest drafts in history. Oh yeah, and he got paid for it. MUCH less qualified than random internet guys on a message board.

I'm sure Walsh paid attention to other teams and what systems they ran and who fits those systems.

I'm not talking about this mock in general, but I love how people on message boards like to call guys dumbasses or say they know s**t about football who actually have been paid for their input. Or the guys who say "Gabbert totally sucks, he shouldn't even be drafted" when all you hear is how people on a payroll say he's a top round talent. It's just funny to me.

WTF does this have to do with Gabbert? His mock doesn't even have Gabbert or AJ Green in the top 10, it has Von Miller going to a team that doesn't run a 3-4, and the Titans and 9ers and Redskins all pass up on Gabbert? I'm kind of neutral on him, I'm cool if we pick him and cool if we don't but all 3 of those teams need franchise QBs and 1 is going to pick him. I don't even hate the Aldon Smith pick, I have some interest in him but I don't believe he'll go over Robert Quinn. I also don't believe Bowers will go #1 when Carolina has Charles Johnson(although he's an FA they probably like to keep him around), Everrett Brown, and Greg Hardy at DE but they have nobody at DT? They are just going to pass on 2 of the best DTs in the draft for a position they are deep at? Either Fairley or Dareus would be a great fit for them(Dareus can play DT in a 4-3 or DE in a 3-4). Oh and don't forget they don't have a solid QB yet and their WR corps isn't that great. I find it highly doubtful that they'll pass on Gabbert+Newton, AJ Green, or Dareus+Fairley for a position they have good depth at.

RIF

WTF? I'm not even sure what RIF means, I'm guessing read in front or something but I don't care. I mean yeah, I am allowed to have an opinion too. My personal opinion of Lombardi used to be good but it's gone down quite a bit since the whole GM saga. First he was supposedly a serious candidate and then he was sort of ripping the 9ers in the media for a job he was supposedly in contention for? That sounds like a dumbass to me. Then he puts out a terrible mock. So yeah my opinion of him has been lowered, and I don't see why you have a problem with that.

Dont sweat it willisthewall......most of the people on this board ARE QUITE IN TOUCH ABOUT THE DRAFT...i consider most of us posting in the war room as people who know their sh!t.

As far as most of us saying lombardi is a dumbass for posting that top ten mock
.....MOST OF US WILL BE RIGHT AND LOMBARDI WILL NOT ONLY HE WRONG with his predictions but far off...further off than a lot of us.

So to answer the question that lombardi was around during the walsh drafts...yeah well so was my dad and a lot of people that may of predicted good players..hahaha.

Point being just bc YOU GET PAID for a job doesnt mean you are better than someone who isnt getting paid. COMPLETELY FLAWED LOGIC. Do you realize by that logic the people running our government i guess are smarter than everyone else and if we all call them a dumbass....but hey they got paid for their job.....we must be inferior or wrong HUH?

I guess president bush was the man and we cant call him a dumbass either. THE DISHES ARE DONE
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If Gabbert is there at #7, we have to take him.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
If Gabbert is there at #7, we have to take him.

Why's that? Because he has like 11 1/2 inch hands? Too bad that doesn't make a quarterback.
Lombardi feels, and I heard him say it yesterday on NFLN, that d-line is absolutely critical to team success.

5 of his first 7 picks are d-linemen or edge pass rushers: Bowers, Quinn, Fairley, Miller, Smith.

He feels Peterson and Cam are good enough to sneak into the top 7.

Frankly the only the I see here as off is Aldon Smith is being overdrafted by us. I agree with him that most likely to fall are the WRs and Gabbert. I get the Lombardi hate because of how he clowned the 49ers in the media (or at least tried to) but just looking at this mock it isn't that bad.
Lombardis a dumbass.

Yeah I'm sure we all know more than a guy who sat in the room with Bill Walsh for some of the greatest drafts in history. Oh yeah, and he got paid for it. MUCH less qualified than random internet guys on a message board.

same guy who let the raiders down. i think lombardi dreams of strombolli to much. seriously go back to the past 2 years he's a mess. he's nailed it once when he predicted DHB to the raiders, but other than that he's a mess
i wanna knock on his mock bc it is out there, but we cant really do that until 1-3 years after the draft.

strange mock though
  • dmax
  • Veteran
good lord lombardi..really

Originally posted by wailers15:
Lombardis a dumbass.

same guy who let the raiders down. i think lombardi dreams of strombolli to much. seriously go back to the past 2 years he's a mess. he's nailed it once when he predicted DHB to the raiders, but other than that he's a mess

Don't forget who the boss is in Oakland.
Share 49ersWebzone