LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

MadDog49er Pre-Combine Big 150 Board

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Oh no you didn't.

Look, i can understand lowering Stanzi a tad bit because i rep him so highly and it's a way for you to take a shot at me personally.

But 126. Really MD?

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes that Iowa QB Ricky Stanzi "deserves to be a second-round pick."
Whereas Jake Locker completed 51.1 percent of his third-down passes, Stanzi's rate was 59.2. Stanzi went 26-9 as a starter and 3-0 in bowl games, compared to Locker's 15-25 career record. But Stanzi's forty time isn't as good as Locker's. And Stanzi wasn't "supposed" to be last year's No. 1 overall pick.

Also, i like Kaepernick but 20 something spots ahead of Dalton and Ponder? Again, i feel like you're doing this just to upset me.

It's working.

Maybe in my Big 150 board i won't even rank Gabbert at all. How do you like that?

Cheers!

the guy has been opionated for years

i would think the personal aspect is all on you

cool it.

Everyone has a right to there opinion. And I agree with SWAG, I cant understand Gabbert so high, he is erractic and too alex esh.

i didnt tell the guy not to post.....

just giving him some back ground that his opinion of MD screwing with his beloved bigboard just to upset a poster is wrong.....

Since he seems to think it is personal...maybe HE has some sort of personal motive against MD.

Lord knows I HAVE has issues with MD in the past and called him out on it (cough SEC rulez.....)

The dude does not care what OTHER posters think......his big board is his thing...and he is not going to adjust it to piss someone off.

The guy does not take that stuff personal (even when others call him out on it)

Wether MD is right or wrong has nothing to do with it.

every one is wrong from time to time.

To say that MD is going out of his way to piss someone off is.....in fact......highly unlikely considering how hard he works and how SERIOUS he takes hiS bigboard.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Feb 25, 2011 at 7:50 PM ]
Just to set the record straight, I always base my board devoid of emotion. Personal sentiments toward individual players will land evaluators in trouble, since they will overestimate where their favorite players will land.

So, while I grade Kendall Hunter the best RB in this draft, I certainly see that there will be a number of RB's selected above him. I can't let my sentiments throw him a round higher than I believe teams will draft him.

As for trying to goad someone into a reaction, I would state that if this was my purpose, the person who feels offended in this thread would see Christian Ponder way down the board (instead of at number 62), probably side by side with Stanzi, who is seen by most experts as a late 3rd to 4th rounder. I tend to side with those who feel he is a 4th rounder.

Final note: The evaluation process is exactly that...a process. My board will evolve over time. I am never satisfied with the way it looks. Players move up, down. It just is the nature of trying to figure out where teams will select someone. That guessing game makes it brilliant.
MD, your opinions on Chris Carter from Fresno. I didn't see him on the list and I think that he could be a good pass rushing option in the 4th or 5th. Seems like a poor man's Von Miller.
Oh no you didn't.

Look, i can understand lowering Stanzi a tad bit because i rep him so highly and it's a way for you to take a shot at me personally.

But 126. Really MD?

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes that Iowa QB Ricky Stanzi "deserves to be a second-round pick."
Whereas Jake Locker completed 51.1 percent of his third-down passes, Stanzi's rate was 59.2. Stanzi went 26-9 as a starter and 3-0 in bowl games, compared to Locker's 15-25 career record. But Stanzi's forty time isn't as good as Locker's. And Stanzi wasn't "supposed" to be last year's No. 1 overall pick.

Also, i like Kaepernick but 20 something spots ahead of Dalton and Ponder? Again, i feel like you're doing this just to upset me.

It's working.

Maybe in my Big 150 board i won't even rank Gabbert at all. How do you like that?

Cheers!

what are you stanzi's agent? father? are you ricky
not trying to bash MD, but why Newton and Gabbert that high.

Gabbert is Alex Part 2
ad Newton is a gimmick QB, and I dont see him being a great NFL QB.

just my thoughts.

Gabbert is Alex Part 2

just my thoughts.

how many games of gabbert's have you seen? question for anyone that has their mind made up on him
Originally posted by teeohh:

Gabbert is Alex Part 2

just my thoughts.

how many games of gabbert's have you seen? question for anyone that has their mind made up on him

Overthrows the WRs, and is eractic.

As for Newton, guy has only starte 14 games, and even didnt look great in National Champ game.

Those are just my opinions. I could be wrong, but no one knows yet.

And yes they will be drafte high, and IMO they shouldn't.
Oh no you didn't.

But 126. Really MD?

It's working.

Cheers!

As if MD is the only one . . .

NFLDraftScout: #105
The Huddle Report: #123
DraftTek: #121
New Era: #152
GBN: Unranked in their Top 150

The only exception putting him north of the 4th round that I could find is the National Football Post with him at #80

Is the personal angle a gag?
how many games of gabbert's have you seen?

question for anyone that has their mind made up on him
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Just to set the record straight, I always base my board devoid of emotion. Personal sentiments toward individual players will land evaluators in trouble, since they will overestimate where their favorite players will land.

So, while I grade Kendall Hunter the best RB in this draft, I certainly see that there will be a number of RB's selected above him. I can't let my sentiments throw him a round higher than I believe teams will draft him.

As for trying to goad someone into a reaction, I would state that if this was my purpose, the person who feels offended in this thread would see Christian Ponder way down the board (instead of at number 62), probably side by side with Stanzi, who is seen by most experts as a late 3rd to 4th rounder. I tend to side with those who feel he is a 4th rounder.

Final note: The evaluation process is exactly that...a process. My board will evolve over time. I am never satisfied with the way it looks. Players move up, down. It just is the nature of trying to figure out where teams will select someone. That guessing game makes it brilliant.

You can't be serious.

You say you base your rankings off of what most experts say. So, which "experts" are you going off of that say Ricky Stanzi is a late 4th rounder? Mel Kiper has been the one of the most accurate over that past 5 years and he says Stanzi is a 2nd rounder. Wes Bunting and Mike Mayock have had nothing but glowing things to say about Stanzi. Scott Wrights got him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Walter Football has him going 79. CBS has him at 105.

So with all those sources, where are you coming up w/ 126?? Thats like 5 picks away from a FIFTH ROUNDER. That's the lowest i've seen him. So either you're ignoring quality rankings or you're full of it and just ranking him low because you don't like him or me.

You have PAT FREAKING DEVLIN higher. I don't know anyone who has that!! Unless they're uneducated people who think just because he went to Delaware he's the next Flacco. They're nothing alike. NOTHING.

With the great Sr. year that Stanzi had, coming from a pro style offense, and now working with Tommy Brady's qb guru, how can you possibly rank him so low. Especially with 2 qb's going in the top 7, and the number of teams that NEED qb's how oh how do you come up with 126. It's just wacko jacko.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Oh no you didn't.

But 126. Really MD?

It's working.

Cheers!

The only exception putting him north of the 4th round that I could find is the National Football Post with him at #80

All suck. No better than a joe nobody
Oh no you didn't.

But 126. Really MD?

It's working.

Cheers!

just like you when it comes to player evaluations
[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Feb 25, 2011 at 10:25 PM ]
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Oh no you didn't.

But 126. Really MD?

It's working.

Cheers!

Um, considering none of these player have played a single nfl snap how can you judge my player evaluations?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
You've been doing this for years and people still don't understand your board. This board is a prediction of the general area of where a player will be drafted, it has nothing to do with how MadDog feels about there talents.

Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Oh no you didn't.

But 126. Really MD?

It's working.

Cheers!

Um, considering none of these player have played a single nfl snap how can you judge my player evaluations?

Because you don't write for a respectable source and no one knows who the hell you are.

hence, you = joe nobody
Share 49ersWebzone