LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

MadDog49er Pre-Combine Big 150 Board

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
just about every were i look , Nick Fairley is dropping to the point were some people dont even think he is the best DT in the draft.....

I just cant wrap my head around that.....

The guy flat took games over the dude is a stud....

I'd be shocked if he falls past the Broncos. The guy is nasty, and dirty, but VERY good. I don't see any defender going before him.

bowers might the panthers realeased charles johnson so they lack a de and bowers is best in draft
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
just about every were i look , Nick Fairley is dropping to the point were some people dont even think he is the best DT in the draft.....

I'd be shocked if he falls past the Broncos. The guy is nasty, and dirty, but VERY good. I don't see any defender going before him.

bowers might the panthers realeased charles johnson so they lack a de and bowers is best in draft

Technically, the Panthers didn't release Johnson...they're just not going to franchise him, allowing him to test the free agent market. But CJ will be a hot commodity, so you're right about the Panthers need for an impact DE.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Technically, the Panthers didn't release Johnson...they're just not going to franchise him, allowing him to test the free agent market. But CJ will be a hot commodity, so you're right about the Panthers need for an impact DE.

true but not franchising him or extennding him (unsure if they tried or not) i think he will be on another team next year anyways thats what i love about draft days the surprise pick the draft cant come soon enough
Tyron Smith may have put himself into the conversation for the 9th overall selection with the Cowboys today. At 6'5", 307 and with 37" arms, that is impressive for a team that needs OT help. His workouts are going to be massive.

There is no doubt that secondary may be the bigger issue, but having the best OT fall into your lap may be too much to resist.
Nate Solder Colorado OT Something about this guy just has written all over him.
Using MD's Board with some trading:
CB Jimmy Smith
WR Jonathan Baldwin
QB Locker, Dalton or Ponder
OLB Dontay Moch

Details:
Trade #7 to Jacksonville for its #16 and #49 (Select Smith at #16, one QB at #49)
Trade #45 and #76 to Baltimore for its #26 (Select Baldwin, 6043, 4.4)
Trade both 4th round picks and the 5th round pick to San Diego for its 3rd R, #18 (San Diego has no 4th or 5th round selections) (Select Moch)

We could select DE Ryan Kerrigan rather than Baldwin, but I'll go with Baldwin because the offense has the most questions going into 2011.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Feb 25, 2011 at 8:52 AM ]
Oh no you didn't.

Look, i can understand lowering Stanzi a tad bit because i rep him so highly and it's a way for you to take a shot at me personally.

But 126. Really MD?

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes that Iowa QB Ricky Stanzi "deserves to be a second-round pick."
Whereas Jake Locker completed 51.1 percent of his third-down passes, Stanzi's rate was 59.2. Stanzi went 26-9 as a starter and 3-0 in bowl games, compared to Locker's 15-25 career record. But Stanzi's forty time isn't as good as Locker's. And Stanzi wasn't "supposed" to be last year's No. 1 overall pick.

Also, i like Kaepernick but 20 something spots ahead of Dalton and Ponder? Again, i feel like you're doing this just to upset me.

It's working.

Maybe in my Big 150 board i won't even rank Gabbert at all. How do you like that?

Cheers!
Originally posted by teeohh:
If Harbaugh could hand pick any qb he wanted this draft, who would it be? Gabbert?

Great question. If Newton and/or Gabbert are on the board at 7, we will soon find out if they are high on his list.

I don't think Harbaugh is going to wait until next year to groom a QB. I believe that happens on Day One. Expect the Niners to draft a QB in the first or second, or trade their third rounder and one of their fourth rounders to jump back into the second to get the next highest QB on their draft board.

I read that coming out of high school, JH liked Gabbert better than Luck and recruited him heavily.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Oh no you didn't.

Look, i can understand lowering Stanzi a tad bit because i rep him so highly and it's a way for you to take a shot at me personally.

But 126. Really MD?

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes that Iowa QB Ricky Stanzi "deserves to be a second-round pick."
Whereas Jake Locker completed 51.1 percent of his third-down passes, Stanzi's rate was 59.2. Stanzi went 26-9 as a starter and 3-0 in bowl games, compared to Locker's 15-25 career record. But Stanzi's forty time isn't as good as Locker's. And Stanzi wasn't "supposed" to be last year's No. 1 overall pick.

Also, i like Kaepernick but 20 something spots ahead of Dalton and Ponder? Again, i feel like you're doing this just to upset me.

It's working.

Maybe in my Big 150 board i won't even rank Gabbert at all. How do you like that?

Cheers!

the guy has been opionated for years

i would think the personal aspect is all on you
Oh no you didn't.

But 126. Really MD?

It's working.

Cheers!

cool it.

Everyone has a right to there opinion. And I agree with SWAG, I cant understand Gabbert so high, he is erractic and too alex esh.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Oh no you didn't.

But 126. Really MD?

It's working.

Cheers!

cool it.

Everyone has a right to there opinion. And I agree with SWAG, I cant understand Gabbert so high, he is erractic and too alex esh.

Yeah, but even if you disagree about Gabbert so high and/or Stanzi so low, MD has enough of a track record to believe those are his honest evaluations. Not rankings based on some "personal attack".

His rankings may or may not change significantly as the process goes on, but he takes enough pride in them, that he is far more concerned with what he thinks will be accurate projections than the support, disagreements, or biases of others on the Zone.

Whether or not you agree with his assessments, I think he's earned that much credibility.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Oh no you didn't.

But 126. Really MD?

It's working.

Cheers!

cool it.

Yeah, but even if you disagree about Gabbert so high and/or Stanzi so low, MD has enough of a track record to believe those are his honest evaluations. Not rankings based on some "personal attack".

His rankings may or may not change significantly as the process goes on, but he takes enough pride in them, that he is far more concerned with what he thinks will be accurate projections than the support, disagreements, or biases of others on the Zone.

Whether or not you agree with his assessments, I think he's earned that much credibility.

true, but he is good but even MD is wrong at times, so only time will tell.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
If Harbaugh could hand pick any qb he wanted this draft, who would it be? Gabbert?

Great question. If Newton and/or Gabbert are on the board at 7, we will soon find out if they are high on his list.

I don't think Harbaugh is going to wait until next year to groom a QB. I believe that happens on Day One. Expect the Niners to draft a QB in the first or second, or trade their third rounder and one of their fourth rounders to jump back into the second to get the next highest QB on their draft board.

If Gabbert is there at #7, he's the pick. Book it.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 25, 2011 at 6:41 AM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
As always MD

21 Justin Houston Georgia OLB....damn it
27 Ryan Kerrigan Purdue DE.....that low?
38 Colin Kaepernick Nevada QB.....seriously
49 Jake Locker Washington QB.....wow
53 Marvin Austin North Carolina DT.....interesting
74 Kenrick Ellis Hampton DT.....really even with the off field BS
112 Owen Marecic Stanford FB.....not feeling this kid
126 Ricky Stanzi Iowa QB.....SWAG is going to s**t himself
No Toliver?

Quote:

Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Oh no you didn't.

But 126. Really MD?

It's working.

Cheers!

cool it.

true, but he is good but even MD is wrong at times, so only time will tell.

Oh, I'm not saying he can't be, or even in this case, isn't wrong. I disagree with MD plenty.

But I think his opinions are genuine and not reflective of, or influenced by, others on the board. I don't think he ranks someone lower to "get back" at any one on the board, nor do I think he ranks someone higher because he's a "board favorite".

And on this issue, from the moment Gabbert declared, I've been on record saying I don't understand why a guy who was considered a second rounder at best for his entire career, suddenly became a top 10 pick and "the best QB in the class". Doesn't make any sense to me. I'm always wary of guys who make huge leaps up boards for no apparent reasons.

Be interesting to see how he looks at the combine. Really wish he was throwing though.
Share 49ersWebzone