LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

first 7 picks

how many seasons did ben start at miami of ohio.
Did any of you guys see the clips they showed on Total Access of Quinn today? I nearly jizzed my pants. When he dips his shoulder he gets parallell with the ground and doesn't lose speed. It looks like he's sliding on a motorcycle. Anyways, I hope he doesn't end up in our division if he's not with us.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by wailers15:
The only things Cam Newton and Vince Young have in common are they're both black and both play QB.l

I don't get this Vince Young 2.0 crap. Cam is a much better passer, much bigger, and has a much better throwing motion which leads to greater accuracy.

If anything he looks like Ben Roethlisberger.

you should be ashamed for comparing him to a big ben of the miami of ohio days. look up tape/highlights. Not even close.

second due the same with vince young at texas. their game is pretty darn close to a mirror image.

big ben??

Are you kidding me dude?
You're going to call me out and tell me I should be ashamed of myself?

Let take a look.
Cam excells at making throws inside and outside the pocket, as does Ben.
Cam is bigger and more athletic than most QB's, as is Ben.
Cam can escape pressure to extend plays while looking down field to find WR's, as does Ben
Cam has a huge arm, as does Ben
Both are natural leaders and playmakers.

Did you even bother to research Ben at Miami OH?
He was almost never called upon to read defenses.

Cam has a better throwing motion than VY, better arm strength, and he's bigger.
Cam at Auburn was more inclined to throw the ball when he escaped the pocket rather than run. Did he run? Yes, but he always was looking to make the down field pass which is completely different from VY who when he escapes the pocket keeps his head down and runs it.

Obviously Cam has skills unique to himself and some that he shares with others but just because he's a black QB and CAN run doesn't make him VY.

Next time you tell me I should be ashamed of myself, maybe you should grow up and do some research yourself before posting weak, putrid opinions with no backbone whatsoever.

Damnnnnn
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
The only things Cam Newton and Vince Young have in common are they're both black and both play QB.l

I don't get this Vince Young 2.0 crap. Cam is a much better passer, much bigger, and has a much better throwing motion which leads to greater accuracy.

you should be ashamed for comparing him to a big ben of the miami of ohio days. look up tape/highlights. Not even close.

second due the same with vince young at texas. their game is pretty darn close to a mirror image.

big ben??

Are you kidding me dude?

Let take a look.
Cam can escape pressure to extend plays while looking down field to find WR's, as does Ben

Cam at Auburn was more inclined to throw the ball when he escaped the pocket rather than run. Did he run? Yes, but he always was looking to make the down field pass which is completely different from VY who when he escapes the pocket keeps his head down and runs it.

Obviously Cam has skills unique to himself and some that he shares with others but just because he's a black QB and CAN run doesn't make him VY.

Next time you tell me I should be ashamed of myself, maybe you should grow up and do some research yourself before posting weak, putrid opinions with no backbone whatsoever.

Damnnnnn

somebody just got PWND.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Id cream my pants if Miller and Peterson where available at 7.

Id personally go with the Pass rusher in Miller over Peterson but wouldnt be mad at either one

hell no peterson is once in maybe 10 year talent at the cb position proplr like miller can be found much more often

this is just my opinion but i think miller isnt going to be as successful as quinn in the draft but im gonna wait for the combine
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
out of the top 10 players that everyone have on their list, it's Von Miller and Prince that I would not draft on the 7th spot..

Not to say that i would not draft them, i just really believe that both Miller and Prince arent a top 10 talent..

The safest pick in my opinion with the 7th pick if all the top 6 are gone, would really be Marcell Dareus.. He'll be our Bryant Young all over again..

I've seen Big Ben play in person in College - I didn' know who this kid was at the time, but after the game with Hawaii, I was like wow this kid can play. Little did I know he would be this successful- my point, Cam ain't Roth at this point in time or will he be in his first or second year-after that we'll have to see.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Id personally go with the Pass rusher in Miller over Peterson but wouldnt be mad at either one

hell no peterson is once in maybe 10 year talent at the cb position proplr like miller can be found much more often

this is just my opinion but i think miller isnt going to be as successful as quinn in the draft but im gonna wait for the combine
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

Many times I have heard people dis a player because of size, yet the player turns out great. I always liked freeny for example, yet look at him. However, here is some food for thought, Baalke likes size cause he feels they can stand up to the pounding of a 16 game season, with that in mind Peterson and not miller fits that bill though miller said he was going to gain some lbs after the senior bowl.

Also, for those who would draft Prince one of the coaches pouring over tapes said he does not think prince is a top 10 pick. Surprised me in the sense that he made his feelings known. Of course he could be throwing smoke and bs.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

Many times I have heard people dis a player because of size, yet the player turns out great. I always liked freeny for example, yet look at him. However, here is some food for thought, Baalke likes size cause he feels they can stand up to the pounding of a 16 game season, with that in mind Peterson and not miller fits that bill though miller said he was going to gain some lbs after the senior bowl.

Also, for those who would draft Prince one of the coaches pouring over tapes said he does not think prince is a top 10 pick. Surprised me in the sense that he made his feelings known. Of course he could be throwing smoke and bs.

i dont doubt miller as a pass rusher i doubt him in his ability to stop the run and play in coverage besides quinn has so much talent he was projected to be the top pick in the draft unfortunatly he got suspended but still im not saying i would hate the miller pick but i feel like quinn has more upside and is better all around than miller again ill wait to combine but as of now thats how i feel

Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

big ben??

Are you kidding me dude?

Let take a look.

Damnnnnn

somebody just got PWND.

LOL......TOAST.....
After listening to Marvin Lewis, it seems they're going to call Carson Palmer's bluff. They have no intention of trading him, and Palmer seems resolute about retiring if he's not traded, so the Bengals will be in the market for a QB.

Meaning, I can now see things breaking this way (not that they're all worthy of these picks, but given the uncertainty of the CBA situation/free agency):

1.) Carolina - Da'Quan Bowers, DE - Complete 4-3 end
2.) Denver - Robert Quinn, DE - Freak of an athlete
3.) Buffalo - Cam Newton, QB - Wanted Quinn, but select Gailey's long-term project instead
4.) Cincinnati - Blaine Gabbert, QB - Carson's eventual replacement; sign a veteran starter in the interim
5.) Arizona - Von Miller, OLB - Would've preferred Quinn but desperate for a pass rusher
6.) Cleveland - A.J. Green, WR - Can't pass on a #1 WR
7.) San Francisco - Patrick Peterson, CB - Falls only because of other team's picking for need
8.) Tennessee - Nick Fairley, DT - No QB here, they go d-line
9.) Dallas - Tyron Smith, OT - Best OT in the draft
10.) Washington - Marcel Dareus, DT - 3-4 d-line stud
11.) Houston - Aldon Smith, DE/OLB - Perfect for Phillip's 3-4
12.) Minnesota - Cameron Jordan, DE - Vike father, Vike son :)
13.) Detroit - Prince Amukamara, CB - Could go OT here; instead add another key piece to their D
14.) St. Louis - Julio Jones, WR - Big, play-making WR for Bradford
15.) Miami - J. J. Watt, DE - Dolpins go RB in later rounds
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
After listening to Marvin Lewis, it seems they're going to call Carson Palmer's bluff. They have no intention of trading him, and Palmer seems resolute about retiring if he's not traded, so the Bengals will be in the market for a QB.

Meaning, I can now see things breaking this way (not that they're all worthy of these picks, but given the uncertainty of the CBA situation/free agency):

3.) Buffalo - Cam Newton, QB - Wanted Quinn, but select Gailey's long-term project instead
4.) Cincinnati - Blaine Gabbert, QB - Carson's eventual replacement; sign a veteran starter in the interim
5.) Arizona - Von Miller, OLB - Would've preferred Quinn but desperate for a pass rusher
7.) San Francisco - Patrick Peterson, CB - Falls only because of other team's picking for need
13.) Detroit - Prince Amukamara, CB - Could go OT here; instead add another key piece to their D

with cincis need for qb and if newton goes in top 3 we ewont get peterson

if cam goes in top 3 i think cowboys will trade with cinci and get peterson and cinci will get gabbert
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

with cincis need for qb and if newton goes in top 3 we ewont get peterson

if cam goes in top 3 i think cowboys will trade with cinci and get peterson and cinci will get gabbert

Maybe, if Cincy was willing to risk trading back a few spots...Washington might want Gabbert too and move ahead of that #9 pick. Shanahan moved up before to get Cutler in '06, so if he like Gabbert, he might end up doing the same if the Bengals move out of that spot. Just conjecture on our part, of course.
if miller , peterson or newton are avail harbaugh will go newton if he doesnt believe alex can't get the job done i say peterson with the 7th pick miller is third remember we only have 1 qb on the roster
Share 49ersWebzone