LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

first 7 picks

bored with some "elevated" thinking so it's time to mock.

1. Panthers- They could use alot. but suprisingly this team does have some talent on their roster. they are solid at De and have some young depth. But at Dt they are very weak. So bowers out. But they have a very weak passing game. They need passing options. The best talent in this draft is aj green. But they take the dominant d-tackle nick fairley

2. Broncos- They just resigned Champ I think he is gonna start being a cb/fs type now and cover in the slot. So I think they are in the market for a corner. Just not one at the expensive number 2 pick. They are going pack to the 4-3 they have dumervil but more depth is needed on the dline Daquan Bowers.

3.Bills- Bills are stupid and should pick up a defensive talent like robert quinn marell dareus or von miller but instead cant see they have productivity out of ryan fitzpatrick. Cam Newton is going to kill it at the combine. Plus they have already stated they want to add a qb. So they select Vince Young 2.0 i mean Cam Newton

4. Bengals- Bengals need a lot of positions but they need to bring back carson palmer the best way to do that is to add some dynamic weapons on offense Aj Green is the best talent in this draft and will make any offense better. I wanted him for the niners.

5. Cardinals- this is a toss up because the best talent here as of this pick is patrick peterson. But since Arizona runs the Pittsburgh defense the more important position is the OLB position. Von Miller and Robert Quinn satisfy those needs. I think the pick will be Robert Quinn becuase he fits the mold better of what kind of rusher Arizonia wants their OLB to be.

6. Browns- so it is now between miller dareus peterson and prince. no to prince because peterson is the better prospect. Miller is more of a 3-4 guy and has more value in that system So dareus and paterson. hmmm well dareus gives you a very good run stopper inside who can also get to the qb. or peterson who would with haden give you a dominant cb tndem. well i think the need is twards dareus here because they just released shaun rodgers. So Holmgren see the need for the rush inside and goes with Marcell Dareus.

7. 49ers- Wow how did we end up with miller and Peterson. this is close. Miller is good and brings a dynamic pass rush. He has already played in a 3-4 and while possessing elite passrushing skills is also a well rounded linebacker. But Peterson is elite cb taalent in a draft with very few corners. My heart is telling me miller my mind is telling me Patrick Peterson.

Thats how it boils down. Now i understand I maybe totally wrong considering trades but whatever it was fun. .
Id cream my pants if Miller and Peterson where available at 7.

Id personally go with the Pass rusher in Miller over Peterson but wouldnt be mad at either one
Originally posted by valrod33:

Id personally go with the Pass rusher in Miller over Peterson but wouldnt be mad at either one

hell no peterson is once in maybe 10 year talent at the cb position proplr like miller can be found much more often

this is just my opinion but i think miller isnt going to be as successful as quinn in the draft but im gonna wait for the combine
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

hell no peterson is once in maybe 10 year talent at the cb position proplr like miller can be found much more often

this is just my opinion but i think miller isnt going to be as successful as quinn in the draft but im gonna wait for the combine

Agree on both aspects
Tough choice. I feel Peterson would be a better selection because he has also been mentioned as having the potential to be a probowl safety. Probowl corner or safety is great. Palamalou, Sanders and other safeties have really impacted games.

So if he stays at corner or moves to safety we can get an impact player at both positions.
If I could get Ayers in the 2nd. i'd go Peterson here too..
The only things Cam Newton and Vince Young have in common are they're both black and both play QB.l

I don't get this Vince Young 2.0 crap. Cam is a much better passer, much bigger, and has a much better throwing motion which leads to greater accuracy.

If anything he looks like Ben Roethlisberger.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
The only things Cam Newton and Vince Young have in common are they're both black and both play QB.l

I don't get this Vince Young 2.0 crap. Cam is a much better passer, much bigger, and has a much better throwing motion which leads to greater accuracy.

I want Cam, I think he will be an dynamic QB in this league and we need a franchise QB desperately.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I want Cam, I think he will be an dynamic QB in this league and we need a franchise QB desperately.

I am just not sure about that. He wasn't that impressive of a passer at the beginning of the year, but I will agree he is talented. Who knows how he will turn out. If we draft him, I would only be ok with it because we have Harbaugh.

i am a pass-rusher firsts guy but in case of PP, i would go for De'mon first

Patrick De’mon Peterson...i like it.

Both also came out of gimmicky college offenses and never had to read offenses also had leadership and attitude/personality issues for both. Both rely to heavily on their athleticism.

you should be ashamed for comparing him to a big ben of the miami of ohio days. look up tape/highlights. Not even close.

second due the same with vince young at texas. their game is pretty darn close to a mirror image.

big ben??
Originally posted by wailers15:

you should be ashamed for comparing him to a big ben of the miami of ohio days. look up tape/highlights. Not even close.

second due the same with vince young at texas. their game is pretty darn close to a mirror image.

big ben??

Are you kidding me dude?
You're going to call me out and tell me I should be ashamed of myself?

Let take a look.
Cam excells at making throws inside and outside the pocket, as does Ben.
Cam is bigger and more athletic than most QB's, as is Ben.
Cam can escape pressure to extend plays while looking down field to find WR's, as does Ben
Cam has a huge arm, as does Ben
Both are natural leaders and playmakers.

Did you even bother to research Ben at Miami OH?
He was almost never called upon to read defenses.

Cam has a better throwing motion than VY, better arm strength, and he's bigger.
Cam at Auburn was more inclined to throw the ball when he escaped the pocket rather than run. Did he run? Yes, but he always was looking to make the down field pass which is completely different from VY who when he escapes the pocket keeps his head down and runs it.

Obviously Cam has skills unique to himself and some that he shares with others but just because he's a black QB and CAN run doesn't make him VY.

Next time you tell me I should be ashamed of myself, maybe you should grow up and do some research yourself before posting weak, putrid opinions with no backbone whatsoever.

If both are available......"In Jim I Trust"
Share 49ersWebzone