There are 192 users in the forums

Patrick Peterson to the 49ers just got a lot more realistic...

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Per my recent mock, I think it breaks out this way:

1.) Carolina - Da'Quan Bowers, DE (Clemson)
2.) Denver - Nick Fairley, DT (Auburn)
3.) Buffalo - Cameron Newton, QB (Auburn)
4.) Cincinnati - A.J. Green, WR (Georgia)
5.) Arizona - Patrick Peterson, CB (LSU)
6.) Cleveland - Robert Quinn, DE (North Carolina)
7.) San Francisco - Von Miller, OLB (Texas A&M)

Arizona clearly needs both pass rush and secondary help, but I tend to think they'd spend their money (and draft pick) on pass rush. If Peterson, Quinn, and Miller are available at 5, we're set though !

This. I will stit back crack a beer and enjoy.

Arizona clearly needs both pass rush and secondary help, but I tend to think they'd spend their money (and draft pick) on pass rush. If Peterson, Quinn, and Miller are available at 5, we're set though !

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Honestly if it turns out like that I kind of want to see us pick Gabbert instead of Miller. But I dunno yet.
I see den getting dl help even though dumerville is back.....and lets hope ariz takes a qb bc if they dont it will be miller or pp. Buff could take miller bit i doubt it.

Den has a good cb and ariz already has drc both pro bowl cbs so neither is going to pick pp.

For the people that believe bpa is the way to go WHEN YOU HAVE A PRO BOWLER ALREADY.....you are wrong.

Den or ariz wont pick pp just like sf WONT PICK ANOTHER TOP TE with their first pick that is a top 5 talent is there at 7. We have davis just like they have drc and bailey......so bpa most of the time does not work when you already have a good player. Think about it. Teams that have an all pro qb will not be taling bpa as a qb if its there.
This draft just got more interesting.
Originally posted by okdkid:
This has ZERO impact on their draft.

You don't pass up a top ranked prospect because you have a good CB on the wrong side of 30.

Champ is a little better then good
Originally posted by valrod33:
Denver could still take Peterson and team him with Bailey, I doubt that happens.

Carolina could take Newton #1 and then that would set Denver up to take Bowers and to team him up with Dumervil coming off an injury

Would the Bills now take Peterson?

no way the Bills take him over Von Miller they need a pass rusher much more
There is always the possiblity of Dallas trading up ahead of us to grab him, which at 4-6 are all possibilities. I'm not sure if Browns NEED anything so they could wait 2 picks and get someone of the same caliber.

I hope to god we get PP but understandably know that there is a chance we might not.
Originally posted by j3xperience:
There is always the possiblity of Dallas trading up ahead of us to grab him, which at 4-6 are all possibilities. I'm not sure if Browns NEED anything so they could wait 2 picks and get someone of the same caliber.

I hope to god we get PP but understandably know that there is a chance we might not.

they have a huge need for d line
We all have to hope that Von comes in this weekend weighing 250 lbs and performs lights-out in the drills. What this does is:

- push him in the top 5... pushing a Quinn, Dareus, or Peterson to us.
- makes Von a much more appealing option for SF if he does fall to #7.

If Newton and Miller go top 5? SF is gonna have a really good prospect sitting there to take.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
no way the Bills take him over Von Miller they need a pass rusher much more

1- Denver is still very much in play for Peterson. While the chances are reduced that they take him, it is not out of the question. Champ would be a hell of a mentor for Peterson as would Dawkins. Let us not forget taking Peterson is more than just bolstering a teams secondary, it is also adding a guy with great return ability and special teams/field position is a very important aspect of a football game.

2- To address what Frisco posted above here, Buffalo already said they will take the best player available, so it comes down to who grades out highest for Buffalo. McGee has missed significant time over the last 2 years in Buffalo, so his health is a definite concern.

3- Arizona is also heavily in play for Patrick Peterson. Just because a team has a greater need elsewhere does not mean they won't take a player who is rated higher overall on their draft board.

4-If Patrick Peterson is your #1 draft desire then fear the trade up. Dallas in particular is a prime candidate to be tempted make that move. Cincy and Cleveland both could be trade partners for any interested franchise as teams will likely be aware that Arizona and SF could be 2 very interested parties in taking PP should he be there.
Originally posted by okdkid:
This has ZERO impact on their draft.

You don't pass up a top ranked prospect because you have a good CB on the wrong side of 30.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I really fully believe that Arizona will take a QB unless they sign a veteran (McNabb) or trade for for one (Kolb).. I doubt that Wisenthunt will go to another season with Andersen and whoever they had last year.. And really, Carolina with the 1st overall pick would still be the wild card of this draft.. they can go with Newton or roll the dice on the season and hope to land a healthy and a very good Luck.

But this is how i really feel about this draft, it will be one or the other:

SCENE 1:

1.) Carolina - Cam Newton, QB - Auburn
2.) Denver - DaQuan Bowers, DE - Clemson
3.) Buffalo - AJ Green, WR - Georgia
4.) Cincinnati - Nick Fairley, DT - Auburn
5.) Arizona - Patrick Peterson, CB - LSU
6.) Cleveland - Von Miller, OLB - Texas A&M
7.) San Francisco - Robert Quinn, DE - North Carolina

- both Miller and Quinn, I really am not high on... i would rather trade down and land Kerrigan..

-IF the Bills stay true to their words about taking the best player available, I really see them drafting Green to get more explosiveness in their offense and hope to land Mallett in the 2nd round..

SCENE 2:

1) Caroline - DaQuan Bowers, DE - Clemson
2) Denver - Nick Fairley, DT - Auburn
3) Buffalo - Cam Netwton, QB - Auburn
4) Cincy - AJ Green, WR - Georgia
5) Dallas - Patrick Peterson, CB - LSU
6) Cleveland - Von Miller, OLB - Texas A&M
7.) San Francisco - Marcell Dareus, DT - Alabama

- with no Cam, the Cards will rather trade down a bit and find their QB between the 7th thru 15th spot.. Dallas saw CB (Newton) aged last year and Jerry Jones is just inlove with Peterson as CB.

- Harbaugh and Baalke plays it safe with Dareus..
Originally posted by jones49:
Arizona is my only worry but I think they would take Miller.

I thought they might take Miller too, but that would give them 2 very undersized OLBs (O'Brien Schofield and Miller). They would give them a nice pass rush, but they would get pounded in the run game all day long. I just can't see them doing that. However, they could easily take Peterson in the 1st and pair him with DRC, then draft a pass rusher in the 2nd with some heft (Jabaal Sheard or Brooks Reed).

They could also take Robert Quinn, who would be a better fit opposite Schofield. Problem with that is, if Quinn blows up the combine, he may not get past Denver or Buffalo or possibly even Cincy.
Schefter says the Broncos will now more likely go D-line with the 2nd pick in the draft after the extension of Bailey.
Share 49ersWebzone