LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Patrick Peterson to the 49ers just got a lot more realistic...

Broncos re-sign Champ Bailey: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/22/broncos-agree-to-four-year-contract-with-champ-bailey/

Peterson could still easily get grabbed by someone above us, though I feel Cleveland is unlikely to take him simply because they spent the #7 pick on a corner last year. However, Denver was the biggest candidate to take him, and this now drastically reduces that possibility.

Anyone agree/disagree/have some other profound thoughts?
Denver could still take Peterson and team him with Bailey, I doubt that happens.

Carolina could take Newton #1 and then that would set Denver up to take Bowers and to team him up with Dumervil coming off an injury

Would the Bills now take Peterson?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Denver could still take Peterson and team him with Bailey, I doubt that happens.

Carolina could take Newton #1 and then that would set Denver up to take Bowers and to team him up with Dumervil coming off an injury

To me, Denver would be idiotic not to get Bowers at 2 if he's there. They're moving to the 4-3 and need an edge rusher. But with the Charles Johnson of the Panthers becoming a FA, Bowers may go 1. That would leave Denver with Fairley which again I think with their scheme change they have to take.

I don't think the rest of the teams after them would take a CB. Buffalo has a solid secondary and I still think they take Cam. Cinci won't, Arizona won't, and Cleveland won't. That leaves him with us at 7.

I do think a lot of trades could happen though which could screw everything up...
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Originally posted by valrod33:

To me, Denver would be idiotic not to get Bowers at 2 if he's there. They're moving to the 4-3 and need an edge rusher. But with the Charles Johnson of the Panthers becoming a FA, Bowers may go 1. That would leave Denver with Fairley which again I think with their scheme change they have to take.

I don't think the rest of the teams after them would take a CB. Buffalo has a solid secondary and I still think they take Cam. Cinci won't, Arizona won't, and Cleveland won't. That leaves him with us at 7.

I do think a lot of trades could happen though which could screw everything up...

Agreed. Buffalo spent a first 3 years ago on McKelvin the CB so I doubt they go with him. I'm hoping Cam goes #1 and Bowers goes #2.
Panthers- have too much needs, kinda strong at CB
Denver Broncos-
Buffallo- Their strongest part of their team is their secondary
Cincinatti Bengals - They wont pass up on AJ Green or JJ, strong at CB
Arizona-
Browns- wont take a CB, they have Haden, Brown, huge holes at DL
49ers

It depends on Arizona IMO, they can use another CB. But we can definitely get Peterson or Amukamara, or one of the higher rated passrushers ;)
[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Feb 22, 2011 at 4:33 PM ]
Per my recent mock, I think it breaks out this way:

1.) Carolina - Da'Quan Bowers, DE (Clemson)
2.) Denver - Nick Fairley, DT (Auburn)
3.) Buffalo - Cameron Newton, QB (Auburn)
4.) Cincinnati - A.J. Green, WR (Georgia)
5.) Arizona - Patrick Peterson, CB (LSU)
6.) Cleveland - Robert Quinn, DE (North Carolina)
7.) San Francisco - Von Miller, OLB (Texas A&M)
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Per my recent mock, I think it breaks out this way:

1.) Carolina - Da'Quan Bowers, DE (Clemson)
2.) Denver - Nick Fairley, DT (Auburn)
3.) Buffalo - Cameron Newton, QB (Auburn)
4.) Cincinnati - A.J. Green, WR (Georgia)
5.) Arizona - Patrick Peterson, CB (LSU)
6.) Cleveland - Robert Quinn, DE (North Carolina)
7.) San Francisco - Von Miller, OLB (Texas A&M)

Arizona clearly needs both pass rush and secondary help, but I tend to think they'd spend their money (and draft pick) on pass rush. If Peterson, Quinn, and Miller are available at 5, we're set though !
Hope he has a not so stellar combine.

Arizona is my only worry but I think they would take Miller.
Originally posted by jones49:
Arizona is my only worry but I think they would take Miller.

i agree, drc had a down year but they still like him and greg toler aswell, pass rush is there main issue, its either or with them if they go cb, we get the pass rusher we need and if they go pass rush we just might get the most talented player in the entire draft
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This has ZERO impact on their draft.

You don't pass up a top ranked prospect because you have a good CB on the wrong side of 30.
Originally posted by okdkid:

You don't pass up a top ranked prospect because you have a good CB on the wrong side of 30.
Originally posted by okdkid:

it does have an impact on their draft, they won like 3 games, they have many needs, sure champ isnt a long term answer but he could put off their need for a cb to round 2 or 3 or even next year, they going to go d-line now in my opinion with the log jam of talented lineman with top tier talent
Share 49ersWebzone