LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Who do you want?

who are the players in this draft that would make you excited if the niners drafted them and why? Why are they so good and how will they fit in? Also list the players that make you die a little inside when you think about the niners drafting them.

Favorite players:
1. Aj Green- he is polished and NFL ready. Was a three years starter in a pro system. Has great hands. A ood route runner. And oh so fast. He would help make our offense explosive.

2.Robert Quinn- He is going to look like he-man at the combine this week and his stock will sky rocket. he is an athletic freak who needs a little polishing.

3. Marvin Austin- suspended all around but anyways Austin is an animal who I think would dominate as the Le in our 3-4.

4. Von Miller- I hate to say it but I would be stoked if the niners drafted miller. I think he will put on the weight and is the most polished 3-4 linebacker in the draft. Miller would give us a awesome group of linebackers.

5. Patrick Peterson- I would be very happy with peterson depending on who else we get in the draft or free agency. Peterson is a crazy athlete and a possible future lockdown corner or an all pro safety.

6. Phil Taylor- Gigantic Nt that would be a perfect addition of size to our dline.

Would be pissed if we drafted..

1. Marcell Dareus- I think he will be very good. Just not that much of a need.and I think we can get better.

2. Jake Locker-

3. Cam Newton- vince young *ehm* cam newton cant read defenses and is a project no.

4. Blaine Gabbert- Horrid, to much of a project.

5. Cam Jordan- if it is at 7 I will double donkey punch my TV, and while standing over its lifeless plastic body, tell it to sit down while it pisses.

6. Ryan Mallet- Captain Sh*thouse is inaccurate, a shotgun QB, and a tool from all accounts. He is not what we want.

7. Da'Quan Bowers- He wont make it to are pick but if we select him we are getting a one year wonder passrusher who has not proven to be consistent.
5. Patrick Peterson- I would be very happy with peterson depending on who else we get in the draft or free agency. Peterson is a crazy athlete and a possible future lockdown corner or an all pro safety.

two positions we need and has been my pick since last November. I just hope we dont end up with Scam Newton. If we do I hope he makes me eat my words.
Pp miller or fairley......happy

the rest of the des and the list of people you listed as pissed off i agree with
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Cam Newton is not Vince Young dude. Vince Young goes to a corner and cries when things are not going his way. If Vince Young had half the heart and work ethic of Cam Newton - he'd be a star with the Titans.

Dareus is going to be damn good 3-4 DE. If he is there at 7 and I doubt he will - he will have to seriously consider him. Some think he is even better than Fairly.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Feb 23, 2011 at 3:19 AM ]
Players I would be excited to have the Niners pick at 7:
Quinn
Green
Peterson

I think all 3 guys have the potential to be something special. If we land one of them, I'll be thrilled.

Quinn will wreak havoc as a very large, agile rush OLB. He has the athleticism and speed to do whatever is asked of him and the size to crush an opponent.

Green already looks so polished, and though we don't have a QB yet, a Green-Crabtree tandem- not to mention Davis, Walker, Morgan, K. Williams (who I anticipate emerging)- would dominate for years to come.

Peterson has star player written all over him. start him at corner but eventually move him to safety (ala Lott). He brings the kind of leadership and maturity that our team currently has a shortage of. The more mature leaders we have, the better we'll be. Plus the guy can just flat out play.

Guys I absolutely don't want at 7:
Any of the QBs
Miller

None of the top-rated QBs look like what we've come to know as WCO QBs. They've all got their physical talents, but none of them jump out as guys who are a great fit for what I hope we're trying to be. I would be much happier to take a flyer on Ponder in the 2nd or Stanzi, Dalton or even Kaepernick in the 3rd or 4th round than to risk our top pick trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole.

I feel like Miller is a risk at 7. He could be great, but there are players I feel more sure of who should be available when we pick. He looks dominant against college OTs when rushing the passer, but I wonder if the better NFL OTs won't be able to curb his pass rush effectiveness somewhat. Also, because of his size, I question how effective he'll be against the run in the NFL and how his endurance will be going up against the big uglies over longer NFL seasons year after year.
Share 49ersWebzone