There are 624 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is Better?

Who is better and why?

Aldon Smith DE?OLB Missouri or Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue.

I've seen both of them on various draft boards and who knows if we could land one or the other. I really don't know much about either.
Smith has more upside but Kerrigan is more polished
Walters has Smith going 11th and Kerrigan at 16th. That sums up my knowledge without looking at Sporting News.
Good question actually.
I'd go with Kerrigan because he got a crazy motor.
Smith is super athletic though.
  • tstej
  • Veteran
I like both and even as a Kansas fan who hates Missouri I would take Aldon Smith over Kerrigan to play 3-4 olb.
Kerrigan is no good. Period.

Aldon Smith reminds me of everything i thought Manny Lawson woulda been.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Who is better and why?

Aldon Smith DE?OLB Missouri or Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue.

I've seen both of them on various draft boards and who knows if we could land one or the other. I really don't know much about either.

I'd take Kerrigan if it were between the two. However for me there is still some questions with both of these guys about their ability to convert to LB.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

Kerrigan is no good? He was double teamed all season and still put up great numbers. Aldon Smith with end up being just who you compared him too....Manny Lawson, but not as solid all-around as Manny.

If we want a Manny clone, why not just resign Manny? If we want someone who will get to the QB or force fumbles then you've gotta draft Kerrigan over A.Smith all day, everyday.
Smith - Great size, crazy athleticism, few moves, better interior pass rusher, so-so motor, "interesting" personality
Kerrigan - Ok size, average athleticism, array of moves, relentless pass rusher, non-stop motor, great character

IMO, Smith is the better pure prospect/athlete (by far) and will be drafted higher, but Kerrigan is the better football player and will likely have a longer, more successful career than Smith.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 22, 2011 at 1:03 AM ]
i wish i still had the link but i read an article about a month ago stating that they wouldnt want to be the team that took the risk on aldon smith and they wouldnt go anywhere near him. based off people in this threads comparison to manny lawson maybe that was why
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

And Ricky Stanzi and Christian Ponder are the top 2 players in this draft class.

If I were you I'd request a name change from SWAGG-ER to BOLD-ER, it's a little more fitting given your bold opinions. Not saying they are wrong but they are incredibly hard to wrap ones head around.
Kerrigan sounds suspiciously like John Engleberger Jr.
Kerrigan is the more NFL ready in my opinion. He would be a stud opposite Manny!
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Kerrigan sounds suspiciously like John Engleberger Jr.

Cause he's white?
kerrigan has a very nice character and seems to be a never-stop player...but i think that he would be a reach right now.