There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Plenty of options @ # 7

I just wanted wanted to post somethings regarding all of the Mock drafts. When the combine hits you will have scouts rave about certain workouts which will ascend people to the top of the draft. Most mocks that i see on the webzone don't have any Qb's going in the first seven picks. The reason why those teams are so bad is because their Qb's are so bad. FA Qb's are slim pickings this year so you will have to get your QB from the draft. When Mark Sanchez came out he was projected in the late 1st round. After the combine I think he moved up to mid-first round and by draft day you had many teams fighting for him. Qb's always go up after the combine. So here is a list of players that will rise up the boards as well as players that are already there. There's only six teams ahead of us so you will see regardless of who gets taken there is still plenty of talent remaining...

Fairley Green Quinn Newton Gabbert
Dareus Miller Peterson Prince Bowers
maybe Locker with a good combine

I say guaranteed at least 1 Qb is taken if not 2 by the time we pick. that will leave us with the 3 or 4 leftovers from this group. I woud be happy with any of them.

I say we are left with Green, Peterson and Quinn... what do you think?
[ Edited by jacklegniner on Feb 18, 2011 at 9:37 AM ]
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I just wanted wanted to post somethings regarding all of the Mock drafts. When the combine hits you will have scouts rave about certain workouts which will ascend people to the top of the draft. Most mocks that i see on the webzone don't have any Qb's going in the first seven picks. The reason why those teams are so bad is because their Qb's are so bad. FA Qb's are slim pickings this year so you will have to get your QB from the draft. When Mark Sanchez came out he was projected in the late 1st round. After the combine I think he moved up to mid-first round and by draft day you had many teams fighting for him. Qb's always go up after the combine. So here is a list of players that will rise up the boards as well as players that are already there. There's only six teams ahead of us so you will see regardless of who gets taken there is still plenty of talent remaining...

Fairley Green Quinn Newton Gabbert
Dareus Miller Peterson Prince Bowers
maybe Locker with a good combine

I say guaranteed at least 1 Qb is taken if not 2 by the time we pick. that will leave us with the 3 or 4 leftovers from this group. I woud be happy with any of them.

I say we are left with Green, Peterson and Quinn... what do you think?

Im sure we will take a defensive player either way. I think our offense is young and unless green is on the board we take him. Otherwise one of those players should fall to us. Now locker with a good combine will go in the first but he's not a top 10 player to much talent in this draft to see that happen!
as far as QB's go, this draft reminds me of the one where we picked up alex smith.

We'll definitely go defensive with our pick.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
as far as QB's go, this draft reminds me of the one where we picked up alex smith.

Id take Newton or Mallet over Smith. Smith was a scrub from a s**tty conference. Both Newton and Mallet come from schools that faced top quality competition not some WAC crap Utah team that faces no one very good but maybe once.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Id take Newton or Mallet over Smith. Smith was a scrub from a s**tty conference. Both Newton and Mallet come from schools that faced top quality competition not some WAC crap Utah team that faces no one very good but maybe once.

Maybe you should check your facts before you post crap. That crappy WAC team was in the Mountain West Conference at that time. They will now be going to the Pac-10
conference.

hey hey hey easy on that WAC crap......get some Hawaii Kanaks in this WZ. You can talk all the WAC crap you want after 2012.lol
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

hey hey hey easy on that WAC crap......get some Hawaii Kanaks in this WZ. You can talk all the WAC crap you want after 2012.lol

Uh Utah and Smith were in the Mountain West Conference, not the WAC at that time. PS Steve Young came from the then WAC

The problem is not the conference, it is the scheme and one hit wonder. If a player can play he will play no matter the conference.
With all the options available (and I agree about at least 1 QB being chosen before we pick), I see no reason to be trading up, as has been written in other threads. Depending on what he shows at the combine, I'm hoping for Quinn, though if Peterson is there, he'll be really hard to pass up. Rush OLB is a more immediate need, but best-player-available rules the day. Of the guys who we expect could be available, I'd say our top 4 are 1. Peterson, 2. Quinn, 3. Miller and 4. Amukamara.
After watching NFL Total Access every morning, I'm starting to warm up to draft positions/guys that I didn't want before. Green and Peterson are really growing on me. Though Crabtree is extremly effective at moving the chains, I have a hard time seeing him as a big play reciever. Like wise, I think our CBs are solid, but having a legit shutdown corner is very appealing, especially if we could add the Asomgagh (Oakland Guy).
I agree with this year draft class looking like the one with Alex Smith. Only thing is who is most like Alex and who is most like A. Rodgers. Also, in my opinion we go defense. Fangio likes corners. we have gone offense in the last couple of drafts building everything around Alex. We have given him VD, A. Davis, Iupati, Staley, Crabtree, and with Gore and others I say that's enough excuses for him. it's time time to give Willis some help. Ideally we can get help from a number of different players. Quinn, Peterson or Miller would be instant help. My guess is Miller is definetly gone. Quinn and Peterson are both studs. Peterson allows us to blitz more and Quinn puts more pressure on the Qb. Either way it's GREAT in my eyes.
Yea, but who is going to blitz. That we don't have either.
Intially when the season ended I really liked Miller and then fell in love with Quinn. I do like Peterson but I think that corners can be found in later rounds. I say there is no way that Miller falls to #7 and I believe that Quinn will impress at the combine or some other workout which may project him sooner than #7. Peterson may be the best player available at our pick. One of these top talents has to fall.
Intially when the season ended I really liked Miller and then fell in love with Quinn. I do like Peterson but I think that corners can be found in later rounds. I say there is no way that Miller falls to #7 and I believe that Quinn will impress at the combine or some other workout which may project him sooner than #7. Peterson may be the best player available at our pick. One of these top talents has to fall.

I really hope Quinn impresses at the combine, because that means that either he or Miller should be there at 7.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Yea, but who is going to blitz. That we don't have either.

True, we can look at 3rd round pass rushers or FA's
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I really hope Quinn impresses at the combine, because that means that either he or Miller should be there at 7.

Ditto. Peterson, Miller, or Quinn. At least one should be there.