There are 266 users in the forums

Are We Just Being Teased

The more and more I look at mock drafts I see us landing Patrick Peterson. This is not only fan mocks but the so called gurus as well. Kipers new mock has us landing peterson instead of quinn now. Is this a very good possibility or are we just being teased and someone will snag him before us.

With that being said how would we approach the rest of the draft and FA (whenever that would start) if we are to assume we will land Peterson
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
For every draft, there's a drama.. there's always a kid that ends up falling out of his projected spot.. and this year, i really believe that it will Nick Fairley of Auburn..
Originally posted by 9moon:
For every draft, there's a drama.. there's always a kid that ends up falling out of his projected spot.. and this year, i really believe that it will Nick Fairley of Auburn..

That would be a surprise. I think some team would trade up to get him if he's available after #5. Interior D-line with his skill set are rare, someone will jump up and take him.
I just saw Mayock quote about PP being a possible safety, I wonder if this is why he may slide to #7. Is it correct to say that PP may be a younger Nate Clements?

I hope that Newton and Gabbert get picked ahead of us so (2) top 5 players could slide...maybe we could pull a small trade back and still get Miller, PP, or Prince

I'm excited for the combine, this CBA drama has me all antsy!
Originally posted by irishluder:
I just saw Mayock quote about PP being a possible safety, I wonder if this is why he may slide to #7. Is it correct to say that PP may be a younger Nate Clements?

I hope that Newton and Gabbert get picked ahead of us so (2) top 5 players could slide...maybe we could pull a small trade back and still get Miller, PP, or Prince

As a huge LSU fan that watched nearly every game. I'd say that is THE exact comparison I have made in my mind for a long time now. Both have the same strengths and weaknesses. At this point in their ages, PP still has the speed and Nate has lost a couple of steps. PP is such a safe choice because he would make a great safety if CB fails him. I don't think it will though... nor do I think he will be available after his Combine performances.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

That would be a surprise. I think some team would trade up to get him if he's available after #5. Interior D-line with his skill set are rare, someone will jump up and take him.

Except when was the last time that an interior DL has actually worked out at the top?

-9fA
I hope not. If Peterson is there at #7, the pick is a no-brainer. If someone like Fairley drops to #7 because of character concerns or whatever, the pick is a no-brainer. I think the #7 spot is a wild card pick based on no clear #1 pick. This draft is going to be real interesting. The Niners should be be in prime position to get an impact player at OLB, CB or the D line. Don't think QB is an option at #7 because of the talent pool available.
it's not like they know anything we don't.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Except when was the last time that an interior DL has actually worked out at the top?

-9fA

Suh and McCoy were excellent last year. Actually, this position probably has one of the higher success rates.
Originally posted by Karma:

-9fA

Suh and McCoy were excellent last year. Actually, this position probably has one of the higher success rates.

this

and no doubt suh will be a superstar son one of the best DT in nfl (maybe even HOF the way hes going) and mccoy was absoulutly solid and he will see probowls

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by irishluder:

As a huge LSU fan that watched nearly every game. I'd say that is THE exact comparison I have made in my mind for a long time now. Both have the same strengths and weaknesses. At this point in their ages, PP still has the speed and Nate has lost a couple of steps. PP is such a safe choice because he would make a great safety if CB fails him. I don't think it will though... nor do I think he will be available after his Combine performances.

Hey Oldman:
I have enjoyed your input over the years and I was wondering if you took the projected top 10 in this years draft what would be the order of selection for the niners? Would we go Newton, Fairly, Peterson if we were drafting number 1?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Are We Just Being Tased
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
The more and more I look at mock drafts I see us landing Patrick Peterson. This is not only fan mocks but the so called gurus as well. Kipers new mock has us landing peterson instead of quinn now. Is this a very good possibility or are we just being teased and someone will snag him before us.

With that being said how would we approach the rest of the draft and FA (whenever that would start) if we are to assume we will land Peterson

When have Kiper ever got anything right?
Originally posted by Karma:

-9fA

Ah, complete brain lapse. Thanks

-9fA
Originally posted by owiseone:
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:

When have Kiper ever got anything right?

when have you typed anything correctly ha
Share 49ersWebzone