LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Food for thought

Predicting the Draft is not a given - Duh. As we have seen, anything can happen. Anyway I read that in the last two years, not based on the exact slot a players falls but just picking players that will get drafted in the first round, the best were were Scout.com and Walter Football.

Walter Football also was the best at picking the most players in the top 10. Most probably have seen this list but for those who haven't, Walter has us picking Dareus, although I think he will be gone. Not into predicting like some of you, only know who I hope the niners get. Here is walters predictions before the combine...

Carolina Panthers: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Denver Broncos: Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Buffalo Bills: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
Cincinnati Bengals: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
Arizona Cardinals: Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Cleveland Browns: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
San Francisco 49ers: Marcell Dareus, DE/DT, Alabama
Tennessee Titans: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Dallas Cowboys: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
Washington Redskins: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
[ Edited by WildBill on Feb 16, 2011 at 1:03 PM ]
i doubt the browns take peterson while taking haden last year allowing him to fall for us
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i doubt the browns take peterson while taking haden last year allowing him to fall for us

While I hoping that too-who else do they have a CB? In a conference with Manning and Brady etc. Two corners that shut down the opposing sides WR, would allow the browns all kinds of aggressive packages to dictate to the QB and not the other way around.
Originally posted by WildBill:

While I hoping that too-who else do they have a CB? In a conference with Manning and Brady etc. Two corners that shut down the opposing sides WR, would allow the browns all kinds of aggressive packages to dictate to the QB and not the other way around.

they have other needs. Plus they took TJ Ward in the 2nd round last year. They have no WR, no DL when Rogers leaves, no linebackers when Wimbley leaves. Thats just at the top of my head, who else knows what the browns need

that would be a smart move but they have no talent on the offensive end outside colt mccoy and their Center and joe thomas

also they lack a pass rush
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

they have other needs. Plus they took TJ Ward in the 2nd round last year. They have no WR, no DL when Rogers leaves, no linebackers when Wimbley leaves. Thats just at the top of my head, who else knows what the browns need

Wimbley already left. He was traded to Oakland last year.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

They'll take a LB/DE or WR before they take another CB, they aren't keen on keeping Eric Wright but I bet they look to FA or a later round pick on a CB if they let Wright walk.
We could do a lot worse than draft Dareus. The guy's going to be a stud, and he will upgrade the pass rush tremendously too.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
We could do a lot worse than draft Dareus. The guy's going to be a stud, and he will upgrade the pass rush tremendously too.

no doubt great player rather have peterson lol
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

oh, well that answers that. no way they take another DB

Originally posted by Schulzy:

no doubt great player rather have peterson lol

Oh no doubt. But if we face that scenario, I would have no problems taking Dareus.

To be honest, I really like all the defensive prospects that are candidates to be our pick at 7.

Smith-Franklin-Dareus may be the best 3-4 DL in football.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Feb 16, 2011 at 4:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone