LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Great Blue North Report latest mock draft: 2/15

You Carson Palmer jock riders do realize that Alex Smith is actually better at this point in his career? Don't you?... Maybe not. He's really dropped off dramatically. So has McNabb.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You Carson Palmer jock riders do realize that Alex Smith is actually better at this point in his career? Don't you?... Maybe not. He's really dropped off dramatically. So has McNabb.

But he has skills, and he's been a winner before. I think the problem with Palmer may be due to his team. Not definitely, but he's clearly frustrated with the insanity that is the Bengals.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

But he has skills, and he's been a winner before. I think the problem with Palmer may be due to his team. Not definitely, but he's clearly frustrated with the insanity that is the Bengals.

PalmEXCUSE...

PalmEXCUSE...

I'll take anything over Alexcuses right now!

PalmEXCUSE...

I'll take anything over Alexcuses right now!

but pamer acually legitly had a good cast chad ochocinco and TO are great granted theyre not in their prime but still above avg players and are currently better than our wideouts
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Damn look at all that talent. It is going to really difficult to F up the first round. The DL and LB talent are great (and more difficult to bust), while the DB talent is among the better options we've seen in a couple years. A.J. Green should be a lock to be, at worst, a solid #1. The biggest question marks remain with the QBs.

Side note: If we opt to take a QB in the first, I'd rather it be Newton than anybody else. But I believe five years from now, Kaepernick could be the best of this class.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Damn look at all that talent. It is going to really difficult to F up the first round. The DL and LB talent are great (and more difficult to bust), while the DB talent is among the better options we've seen in a couple years. A.J. Green should be a lock to be, at worst, a solid #1. The biggest question marks remain with the QBs.

Side note: If we opt to take a QB in the first, I'd rather it be Newton than anybody else. But I believe five years from now, Kaepernick could be the best of this class.

i agree the only dangerous picks in top 10 may be von miller and quinn but on the other hand they have a tremendous upside (epecially quinn ca easily with his strenth size and speed be a HOF) however he does have higher chance of being a bust then miller
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Miller in the 1st
2nd traded for Carson Palmer
Daniel Thomas in the 3rd

I would be fine with the first 2 picks

Carson Palmer for a 2nd?

There are a million problems with Palmer...

He makes $11 mil a year
We may still need to draft a QB (he's older)
He had, by many accounts, his worst year last year (with an amazing WR corp)
It's rumored that his arm is shot ever since he seriously injured his throwing elbow a couple years ago.

I hadn't heard that rumor about his arm being shot. Anyone have any idea how we can get additional info?

I drafted him in fantasy this year. Some buddy told me after the draft he wouldn't go near Palmer due to his arm. That's the first I heard of it. Here's the scoop:

He suffered an elbow injury in 2008 that put him out for the year. He was recommended to have Tommy John's surgery to repair it but declined and let it heal on it's own. He's never looked the same. His passes don't have the same zip. The accuracy is shaky.

Here's a Bengals fansite that sums it up:

http://www.threewaychili.com/bengals-2010/november/is-carson-palmers-arm-shot.html

If that's true, then this isn't the right fit for him or for us. Palmer will not become our leader on offense. It will be someone Harbaugh molds, without so much treadwear
Share 49ersWebzone