LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Who Cant be Passed Up

Which player if available in each round cant be passed up

For example if AJ Green is there at 7 can we pass him up even tho he is not a major need

Be realistic obviously Jimmy Smith wont drop to round 3. of course we would draft him then im just saying if someone were to possibly drop like 10 picks and be available in a round who cant you pass up and at what point

Id say if Locker makes it to our second round pick there is no way we can pass him up regardless of what people think of him.
Patrick Peterson in the 1st round. Legit future shutdown corner.....no way you can pass that up. However if the 49ers do go CB in the 1st, I'd much prefer for them to go after a 3-4 OLB in the 2nd unless there's a QB that Harbaugh REALLY likes and thinks won't be available in later rounds.
Fairly

[ Edited by blizzuntz on Feb 13, 2011 at 18:44:06 ]
Whoevers at the top of 49ers big board in any given round.
The Green argument is an interesting one.

For me if Peterson, Miller, and Quinn are gone, picking Green would have to be though about. He's a monster and could give us a great 1-2 WR punch with arguably the best TE in the game and Frank Gore. I dont think he'll be there but you never know.

In the second, there are so many possibilities but say we go OLB in the first, if Marvin Austins is sitting there, he would need a serious look at because he can be a monster 3-4 end.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Fairley
Peterson
Dareus
Miller
for us
fairley
peterson
daerues
green (only take him if above arent there and quinn and miller would probally be taken ahead of him anyway)

other prospects :

bowers (doesnt fit 3-4 system)
peterson, and if anyone says Gabbert I will lmao.
for me its:
1. Peterson
2. Miller/ Quinn
In order:

AJ Green
Patrick Peterson
Von Miller
Robert Quinn
Nick Fairly
JJ Watt
Prince Amukamara

Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
In order:

AJ Green
Patrick Peterson
Von Miller
Robert Quinn
Nick Fairly
JJ Watt
Prince Amukamara

I love that list Swag.

AJ, Peterson, Fairley, Quinn and Von would be at 7, and Prine and JJ if we traded back.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
In order:

AJ Green
Patrick Peterson
Von Miller
Robert Quinn
Nick Fairly
JJ Watt
Prince Amukamara

I love that list Swag.

AJ, Peterson, Fairley, Quinn and Von would be at 7, and Prince and JJ if we traded back.

Agreed.
2 players we cannot pass up are Peterson and Miller. If both are there hopefully we need 1 posistion more than the other because of FA and the decision will be easy. I just hope we get 1 of those 2 guys.
Cam Newton?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Cam Newton?

If Cam Newton is there (which I highly doubt) we have two options - take him or find a desperate team that will give arm and leg for him. Don't take another player here, trade back or take Newton. Redskins, Minnesota, Miami, Jaguars - are all desperate for a QB and may pay premium price for him.
Share 49ersWebzone