There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

matt49er mock offseason/draft 3.0

1- I forgot about Kaepernick, knew i missed one
2- No I don't think 6 QBs will go b4 Locker or in the 1st round, I just put all the QBs I could think of off top of my head saying a bunch will go b4 Locker
3-I'm not very good at this and forgot to account for the picks traded to get Orton and to move up to get Locker or the pick acquired for Haralson. I basically did those seperate on accident.

I think Locker can be really good, he's got all the tools, accuracy isn't his strong point right now okay but if Harbaugh likes him I love him. I think Orton is the most underrated QB out of everyone. McNabb looks shot, Kolb is going to cost a ton, J.Johnson is largely an unknown, Hasselbeck is very injury prone and likely to return to Sea. Beyond that I can't think of any other legit vet QBs we can get thus I like Orton.

Getting alot of hate for the Hali prediction, every year big time FAs switch teams. No doubt the 49ers pursue FAs from targeted positions this year such as CB, OLB, RG and QB via FA/trade. I firmly believe with all the changes this team has made Baalke/Harbaugh want to get something big and I'm just taking a stab and saying it will be Hali. I would rather have Woodley, wouldn't mind Nnadmi I just hope/pray that after round 2 of the draft we will have a OLB passrusher, 1-2 new CBs, a vet QB and a developmental QB.
what you got against tony wragge??
Originally posted by WestCoast:

he's not very good
i like the idea of taking BPA at 7, and then trading up in the 2nd to take locker
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
orton is a product of the spread pass happy system

Thats silly. And wrong. He excelled in Chicago w/ trash for wr's and oc's. But hey, you just keep being blind ok.

2005 season at chicago
15 games 1869 yards 9 td 13 int 59 passer rating

2008 season

15 games 2922 yards 18 td 12 int 85 passer rating

not much better than smiths :/

Have anyone throw to Devin Hester and Reshied Davis and we'll see how good his stats are.

Orton's a stud bruh.

u could say the same thing about brandon lloys and arnaz battle :/

im not saying he isnt an upgrade but he isnt an upgrade by much not to mention the o line and defense difference

and a stud qb doesnt lead a 2 win team

Sorry, when Alex Smith was throwing to Arnaz Battle, his numbers weren't even close to Orton's 2008 season. Orton's 2008 season with NO WEAPONS was better than Smiths BEST season with a Pro Bowl TE, a Top WR pick, and a pro bowl RB

different system and s**tty oc... lets not do this
bleh

[ Edited by WestCoast on Feb 15, 2011 at 00:25:12 ]
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

he's not very good

he's a great backup, 49ers should definitely keep him