matt49er mock offseason/draft 3.0

Release/Don't re-sign
Alex Smith
Troy Smith
David Carr
Demetric Evans
Moran Norris
Tony Wragge
Manny Lawson-(we attempt to sign him but demands are too high)

Resign
David Baas-3 year deal
Barry Sims-1 year deal
Ray McDonald-2 year deal
Travis LaBoy-1 year deal
Takeo Spikes-2 year deal
Aubrayo Franklin-3 or 4 year deal
Dashon Goldston-1 year deal (will want to test FA next year when he becomes UFA)
Brian Westbrook-1 year deal

Extend/Re-structure
Frank Gore-new 3 year deal
Josh Morgan-new 2-3 year deal
Delaine Walker-new 2-3 year deal
Nate Clements-new 3 year deal

Trades
Parys Haralson to Mia for 5th round pick
4th round picks in 2011 and 2012 to Denver for QB Kyle Orton

FA Signings
Tamba Hali- OLB KC, passrushing threat we desperately need-5 year deal
Chris Carr- CB Bal-underrated CB improves depth, possible starter or nickle back
Laron Mclain-FB Bal-2 year deal-unhappy in Balt perfect WCO FB
Matt Moore- QB Car., sucked this year but so did every1 in Car he has some potential and could be a nice backup QB

Draft
1-Patrick Peterson CB -shut down CB we need, Ari and Car could both go QB early. I don't see Buff taking a CB, Ari has to many other holes, I think if PP gets by Den he's ours.
2-(trade w/Browns to move up to pick #37)-Jake Locker QB Wash. Locker is this years QB to take a huge slide in the draft with Newton, Gabbert, Mallet, Ponder, Stanzi, Delvin all being picked ahead of him
3-Sam Acho DE/OLB Texas-w/Lawson and Haralson gone we need another OLB
4-Titus Young Boise State WR-probably wont fall this far but lacks size and could just slide
5-Sione Fua NT Stanford-depth behind Franklin/potential future NT
6-7 BPA hopefully a OG with potential in Rd 5, a C would also be nice.

I don't think this team will go crazy with FAs. I do think we will land someone big though whether it's Hali, Woodley, Nnamdi, I think we will overpay a bit and cover one of our 2 big holes on the D and get either a CB or passrushing OLB.

We will be in the hunt for Kolb but the Eagles will be asking too much and the team will decide on Orton over Palmer as the stop gap QB for the next couple years.

For a while I thought it would be impossible for Peterson to drop to us at #7. Seems like a lot of people out there now in different mocks I've seen have him falling. CBs don't go that high too often, this guy is a special talent but with the need at QB for the teams picking 1-6 and the quality DTs/DE,OLBs at the top of this draft to go along with the special talent of AJ Green are starting to give me some hope that we can land him.

We need for 1-2 teams to go QB very possible 1 takes Gabbert the other takes Newton. With Miller, Bowers, Dareus, Fairley, Quinn, Green all getting a look from the top teams I won't be surprised if we end up with the potentially the best player in this draft in Peterson.

Depth Chart:
QB-Orton/Moore/Locker*
RB-Gore/Westbrooke/Dixon
FB-McLain
WR-Crabtree/Morgan/Ginn/Young*/K.Williams
TE-Davis/Walker/Bynum
C-Baas/6-7th round pick
LG-Mike Iupati
RG-Chilo Rachal-Harbaugh thinks he can coach him up, RG is 1 position I think we leave alone even though I really want Rachal gone I think Harbaugh chooses to coach him up.
OL backups-Sims/Boone/Snyder

DE- J.Smith/I.Soap/R.McDonald/RJF
DT- Franklin/Fua*
ILB- Willis/Spikes/Bowman/McKillop
OLB-Hali/Brooks/Acho*/Laboy
CB-Peterson/Clements/Spencer/Brown/Adams/Brock
S-Goldston/Mays/Smith/Taylor

P-A.Lee
K-J.Nedney
LS-B.Jennings
KR-K.Williams
PR-T.Ginn

Go ahead and tell me how much I suck.
Don't see how 6 qbs go before pick 37..
what did we trade with the browns to move up. we obviously would have a 1,2,3,4,4,5,6,6,7,7 before everything

we picked up an extra 5th and lost a 4th with your FA trades

are you saying we only swap seconds and give up a 5th to move up in the second round?
I think your crystal ball is a little clowdy. Please no Locker, I'd much rather have Ponder. Let the Seahawks take a guy who can't complete more than 55 - 58 percent of his passes.
Originally posted by matt49er:

Go ahead and tell me how much I suck.

A LOT!!!

Actually, not bad at all. And who is to say your guess is any worse than than anybody else's. I, personally like the way you think, because what you're guessing at is what you would like to see happen I assume. You're addressing a lot of needs, that's for sure.

So you think that Devlin, Stanzi, even Ponder are all better than Kaepernick, huh?

Locker certainly is an enigma. He REALLY hurt himself not coming out last year. He could very well have been the first guy chosen. Over Bradford. The fact that he returned means that he has a lot of confidence in himself and his abilities. Which for a QB is half the battle. For that reason alone, I expect that he wil NOT be a bust. I believe that quality will reveal itself over the next few months and he will not fall out of the first round. We shall see.

From what pundit's are saying you are being a bit optimistic with the postioning of your picks. But I wouldn't mind it at all if the picks went that way.

On FA, rather than give up draft picks for Orton, I'd be more inclined to pick up Bulger at no loss of picks. I believe he is good. Has had a chance to heal up. And will sign because here he will surely start and the situation may be better than elsewhere.

Sure would like to see us go hard for Askyourmomma. I feel, though, that he will resign with the Raiders. They could be strong next year.
There is no way that Tamba Hali becomes a FA!
I'm not a big Orton fan therefore, we gave up way to much for him. I have more confidence in Smith.
Don't like moving up for Locker!
orton is a product of the spread pass happy system
SO you think 6 qb's are going to go in the top 36 picks? You are nuts. Locker is a 3rd rounder at best and Devlin won't be drafted. Period.

Also, Hali is a hand in the dirt DE, not a pass rushing OLB.

Um oh ya and your trade value is way off bro. WHY would ANYONE give up a 5th round pick for Haralson??? And the broncos would be retarded to trade Orton for 2 4th rounders.

Last but not least, no way in hell does titus young last til the 4th round. Not even if he weighed 40lbs less than he already does.

[ Edited by SWAGG-ER on Feb 13, 2011 at 21:10:24 ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Thats silly. And wrong. He excelled in Chicago w/ trash for wr's and oc's. But hey, you just keep being blind ok.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

Thats silly. And wrong. He excelled in Chicago w/ trash for wr's and oc's. But hey, you just keep being blind ok.

2005 season at chicago
15 games 1869 yards 9 td 13 int 59 passer rating

2008 season

15 games 2922 yards 18 td 12 int 85 passer rating

not much better than smiths :/

2005 season at chicago

2008 season

Have anyone throw to Devin Hester and Reshied Davis and we'll see how good his stats are.

Orton's a stud bruh.

2005 season at chicago

2008 season

Have anyone throw to Devin Hester and Reshied Davis and we'll see how good his stats are.

Orton's a stud bruh.

u could say the same thing about brandon lloys and arnaz battle :/

im not saying he isnt an upgrade but he isnt an upgrade by much not to mention the o line and defense difference

and a stud qb doesnt lead a 2 win team

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 13, 2011 at 21:23:07 ]

2005 season at chicago

2008 season

Orton's a stud bruh.

u could say the same thing about brandon lloys and arnaz battle :/

im not saying he isnt an upgrade but he isnt an upgrade by much not to mention the o line and defense difference

and a stud qb doesnt lead a 2 win team

Sorry, when Alex Smith was throwing to Arnaz Battle, his numbers weren't even close to Orton's 2008 season. Orton's 2008 season with NO WEAPONS was better than Smiths BEST season with a Pro Bowl TE, a Top WR pick, and a pro bowl RB