There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Very Good Mock Draft

Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
You're right, a very good mock.. I would be pretty happy if it went downt this way.

Interesting that Miller falls to the Pats at #17 and Locker falls to the Bills at #34

1. CB - Amukamara
2. NT - Taylor
3. QB - Ponder
4. OLB - Acho
4. RB - Dar'ell Scott (not really familiar with him.. Would prefer to draft Hunter someway, somehow.
5. CB - Shareece Wright
6. C - Linnekohl
6. WR - Kerley
7. S - Keo
7. DE - Parr

I don't think so, Locker = Clausen last year


What are you saying here? Clausen was the first QB taken in the second round last year, (pick 48). So they are predicting a similar fall out of the first round but not lasting past the second.

And with a number of QB needy teams who may pass on one in the first round, going a few spots higher doesn't mean much.

It's HIGHLY likely that Clausen and/or a couple of other "first round" QBs fall to the second, but then are taken in the top half of the second round either by teams that passed on a QB in the first, or by one who trades up for them.

yeah that is what im saying. Everyone thought clausen was going to be a first round pick because he came from a pro system and has pro qb intangibles, but he will fall to the 2nd round
I am not at all surprised that Locker falls to the 2nd.. I watched several UW games this year and Locker didn't look like a 1st rounder to me.
Von miller will not fall past 10 unless he runs a 4.7 40 time. Other than that and that we will get a fb in the fourth fifth or sixth its a good mock.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Von Miller will not fall to 17...
1. CB - Amukamara Good pick
2. NT - Taylor Won't make it out of the first, probably not past NE's 28th pick
3. QB - Ponder I don't think he makes it out of the 2nd, QB's go early
4. OLB - Acho solid but not sure an upgrade at OLB over the 4 we have
4. RB - Dar'ell Scott nice complement to Dixon in rotation but is average back
5. CB - Shareece Wright good gamble here esp. with Prince in first
6. C - Linnekohl seems like more of a zone blocker, do we need another center?
6. WR - Kerley love this pick would like a fast/quick slot WR like Maehl or Kerly
7. S - Keo meh
7. DE - Parr meh
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

2. NT - Taylor Won't make it out of the first, probably not past NE's 28th pick
Depending on his Combine and pro day, I expect Taylor to go top-15, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the top ten.
Quote:
3. QB - Ponder I don't think he makes it out of the 2nd, QB's go early
I have a hunch you're right, but he's one of the most difficult players to slot. Whoever picks him will be praying he lasts more than a year if he's on the field very much (and plays against a lot of AFC East teams).

[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Feb 13, 2011 at 14:56:16 ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Three thumbs up!

Me too, although I think their rankings of Ponder and Kapernick are a round to late.
Great find. Some surprises, but overall I think fairly realistic.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
1. CB - Amukamara Good pick
2. NT - Taylor Won't make it out of the first, probably not past NE's 28th pick
3. QB - Ponder I don't think he makes it out of the 2nd, QB's go early
4. OLB - Acho solid but not sure an upgrade at OLB over the 4 we have
4. RB - Dar'ell Scott nice complement to Dixon in rotation but is average back
5. CB - Shareece Wright good gamble here esp. with Prince in first
6. C - Linnekohl seems like more of a zone blocker, do we need another center?
6. WR - Kerley love this pick would like a fast/quick slot WR like Maehl or Kerly
7. S - Keo meh
7. DE - Parr meh

In a post draft interveiw I seem to remember Mike Iupati mentioning Keo as an up and commer in the Idaho program. I wish I could find it. Maybe that's just Mike being loyal to a fellow Vandal, or maybe the guy can be a sleeper.
I stopped reading after they had Von Miller dropping to 17.......the best pur pass rusher in the country! No way that happens unless he just falls apart at the combine, which I heard will probably be the opposite of what will happen. Most draft experts think his stock is only going to rise after he gets a chance to show how how athletic he is. Alot think he might rise into the top 5 but defintely won't drop out of the top 10. I hope we get lucky and get him or Peterson.