There are 145 users in the forums

Very Good Mock Draft

I must've looked at close to a 100 mock drafts over the last month or so...and one of the best I've seen is at the link below. What impressed me is the picks meet team needs in a huge way, but it's also pretty realistic. Take a look and see what you think...

http://www.nfldraft101.com/draft/mocks/117/1/NFL_Draft_101_Staff_Seven_Round_2011_NFL_Mock_Draft_-_Post_Senior_Bowl.jsp
You're right, a very good mock.. I would be pretty happy if it went downt this way.

Interesting that Miller falls to the Pats at #17 and Locker falls to the Bills at #34

1. CB - Amukamara
2. NT - Taylor
3. QB - Ponder
4. OLB - Acho
4. RB - Dar'ell Scott (not really familiar with him.. Would prefer to draft Hunter someway, somehow.
5. CB - Shareece Wright
6. C - Linnekohl
6. WR - Kerley
7. S - Keo
7. DE - Parr
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
You're right, a very good mock.. I would be pretty happy if it went downt this way.

Interesting that Miller falls to the Pats at #17 and Locker falls to the Bills at #34

1. CB - Amukamara
2. NT - Taylor
3. QB - Ponder
4. OLB - Acho
4. RB - Dar'ell Scott (not really familiar with him.. Would prefer to draft Hunter someway, somehow.
5. CB - Shareece Wright
6. C - Linnekohl
6. WR - Kerley
7. S - Keo
7. DE - Parr

I don't think so, Locker = Clausen last year
Three thumbs up!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Three thumbs up!
http://dcprosportsreport.com/MockDraft.htm187 Mocks

Here you go guys, 187 mocks and they recently expanded to picks 6 and 7 which now include 49ers
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

1. CB - Amukamara
2. NT - Taylor
3. QB - Ponder
4. OLB - Acho
5. CB - Shareece Wright
6. C - Linnekohl
6. WR - Kerley
7. S - Keo
7. DE - Parr

What are you saying here? Clausen was the first QB taken in the second round last year, (pick 48). So they are predicting a similar fall out of the first round but not lasting past the second.

And with a number of QB needy teams who may pass on one in the first round, going a few spots higher doesn't mean much.

It's HIGHLY likely that Clausen and/or a couple of other "first round" QBs fall to the second, but then are taken in the top half of the second round either by teams that passed on a QB in the first, or by one who trades up for them.

1. CB - Amukamara
2. NT - Taylor
3. QB - Ponder
4. OLB - Acho
5. CB - Shareece Wright
6. C - Linnekohl
6. WR - Kerley
7. S - Keo
7. DE - Parr

I like this draft. Especially at the top however he seems to get a little confusing towards the end which is understandable b/c lets face it the draft is not a science or and exact thing. For me my opinions are...

1. Prince (exactly who I was unless Peterson is there)
2. Taylor NT (perfect considering we may lose ours)
3. Ponder (In my opinion he is our QB of the future, love this pick and the right rd)
4. Acho (I have Greg Romeus but u have him going in the 3rd however we're both on the same page. Pass Rusher here.
4. Dar'ell Scott (Here's where I don't agree. We already have Gore and Dixon to back him up which all indications show he will be our next RB in line. Why do we need another big RB? What we're missing is the speedster that every team seems to have or are trying to get. Someone like a Noel Devine which you have going in the late 6th Rd. now our 2nd 4th rd. pick I like Austin Pettis or Greg Salas which you still have both available. I would rather see us go that route.)
5. Shareece Wright (Here I have us taking Owen Marecic, now i've heard from a few people that 5th rd is too late he'll be gone already. In this draft you have him going as the 2nd to last player overall. I can't say I agree with that, on the other hand with our 6th rd. pick i have us taking Richard Sherman CB Stanford, so we're on the same page w/ CB in the 5th-6th rd. however you have Sherman going in the 7th rd. I think that's a little too late for him)
6. C - Linnekohl (don't know much about him but we'll probably lose our C so i'm ok with this pick.)
6. Kerley (again I have us addressing the WR position a little earlier with big, good hands WR's I have us taking James Carpenter here who's listed as OT but I dont think will cut it as an OT in the NFL so they'll probably move him to OG. I noticed you had Carpenter going in I think the 3rd or 4th rd. I think that's a little too high for him.)
7. Keo ( I think we have a log jam at S so i'm not sure we need another one, I think we take a flyer on a DT/DE with our final 2 picks.)
7. Parr (on the same page w/ DE flier as our final pick)

Like I said overall very good, some parts are a little iffy and i'm not saying what I think is perfect or even correct. It's just my feelings on what we should do. Overall the big picks like the first 3 I love! So I have to say I'd be pretty happy if this was our draft. I really hope Greg Romeus falls to us in the 4th rd. I think he could be a steal of the draft candidate there if he can stay healthy. My biggest question mark with this draft is the RB. Don't think we need another big RB, I'd rather have a smaller speedster that could take it to the house with 2 missed tackles ya know. BTW, I realize I kept saying YOU and YOUR draft. I'm sorry, I know you didn't physically put this draft together but it's a lot easier then typing out the web address everytime.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like the Ponder pick. That should be the perfect spot for him in the 3rd. Alsol, like the 1st two picks.
I have a feeling that ponder will be climbing up draft boards and the 3rd round may be too late

Von Miller will not fall to 17...
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

1. CB - Amukamara
2. NT - Taylor
3. QB - Ponder
4. OLB - Acho
5. CB - Shareece Wright
6. C - Linnekohl
6. WR - Kerley
7. S - Keo
7. DE - Parr

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Three thumbs up!

Agree
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Von Miller will not fall to 17...
Looked at this mock earlier today. Good call! Agree with some of the other Zoners about Von Miller, but this would be quite a haul for the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone