LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

eastbay's First Mock of the year

This is my first mock of this season. With the CBA being so messed up, I dont see free agents signing til the draft.

Release
Troy Smith
Aubrayo Franklin
Barry Sims
Moran Norris
Will James
Demtric Evans
Brian Westbrook

Resign
Alex Smith
Manny Lawson
Dashon Goldson
Takeo Spikes
Travis LaBoy

NFL Draft
1- Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
2- Chridtian Ballard DE Iowa
3- Rashad Carmichael CB Virgina Tech
4- Pat Delvin QB Delaware
4- Sione Fua DT Stanford
5- Henry Hynoski FB Pittsburgh
6- Mario Butler CB Georgia Tech
6- Da'Rel Scott RB Maryland
7- Nathan Enderle QB Idaho
7- Chris Matthews WR Kentucky

GO NINERS!!
First five picks are very reasonable. I think we might not get a cb in the second if the top five are gone by then so nice second round pick
I'm not too happy cutting Franklin and leaving a rookie to man the nose position.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
I'm not too happy cutting Franklin and leaving a rookie to man the nose position.

we aksi have RJF who did great in TC and preseason
Nice job but don't like resigning Alex Smith, for obvious reasons.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

I think you better warm up to the resigning Smith idea.. I think it's going to happen. MB layed out a case for Smith coming back and I believe he is right... it would be a marriage of convenience if there is a lockout.

Personally, I have no problem with it, but some folks around here would be gnashing teeth and wringing their hands.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

I think you better warm up to the resigning Smith idea.. I think it's going to happen. MB layed out a case for Smith coming back and I believe he is right... it would be a marriage of convenience if there is a lockout.

Personally, I have no problem with it, but some folks around here would be gnashing teeth and wringing their hands.

So you have no problem with that BUST at QB for another season?
WTF????

Some of you guys have really become immuned to the garbage/mediocre play of this team.

UNBELIEVEABLE.
Originally posted by BigBug415:

WTF????

Some of you guys have really become immuned to the garbage/mediocre play of this team.

UNBELIEVEABLE.

I know. I became a fan 7 years ago so all i have seen is bad play and at times mediocrity. Even then, I don't put up with this bulls**t garbage play by some of our players.

The fans couldn't tolerate guys like Kwame, Roman, Rumph. But for some odd reason, they love Alex f**king Smith...lmao

WTF????

UNBELIEVEABLE.

The hatred towards smith is amazing... didn't he put up comparable numbers to mcnabb and palmer this past season yet everyone is willing to trade a pick for them? But then again let's just get 3rd round qb and get a old vet who is on the decline as a stop gap?... unbelievable.. resign smith or we will be in a much worse situation then what most think
Originally posted by CrabsAndVD:

WTF????

UNBELIEVEABLE.

The hatred towards smith is amazing... didn't he put up comparable numbers to mcnabb and palmer this past season yet everyone is willing to trade a pick for them? But then again let's just get 3rd round qb and get a old vet who is on the decline as a stop gap?... unbelievable.. resign smith or we will be in a much worse situation then what most think

No hatred here.

And although I'm no expert, I've been watching football long enough to know a BUST when I see a BUST.

I'd rather go 2-14 with David Carr than have to endure another season with Smith at QB.

Time to move on........

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CrabsAndVD:

WTF????

UNBELIEVEABLE.

No hatred here.

And although I'm no expert, I've been watching football long enough to know a BUST when I see a BUST.

I'd rather go 2-14 with David Carr than have to endure another season with Smith at QB.

Time to move on........

I was agreeing with you until you said "I'd rather go 2-14 with David Carr than have to endure another season with Smith at QB" and I was like...wtf is wrong with me for agreeing with you.
Share 49ersWebzone