There are 223 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert stock down

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
This doesn't surprise me at all. Prior to him declaring, Gabbert was a second round prospect at best.

Then all of a sudden, once he declared, he became the "top QB in the class". Especially once Luck stayed in school.

I am always suspicious of players who for no reason (not even the Senior Bowl or Combine), suddenly shoot up draft boards.

They are likely to slip again just as quickly once the real analysis begins.

All that being said, if we could get Gabbert in the second, I think that would be a great pickup. But I don't understand how he suddenly became a top 5-10 pick, and don't think he should be drafted nearly that high.

This.

During the season no one had Gabbert as a top college QB. Then someone looked at his size and put him in round 1.

The question I have is, Chase Daniel put up some great numbers at Mizz. Why didn't Gabbert? Did they change systems or something?

I guess 3" makes the difference between 1st round QB and an undrafted NFL backup.

AB and I are prob the biggest Gabbert "haters" on the board, but to be fair, Chase had Denario Alexander AND Jeremy Maclin form most of his years there to over inflate his statistics.

Gabbert just... sucks. It's not his fault he's been cast into this "1st round qb/top qb" spotlight. Hell anyone with his size and arm strength has the potential to be a draft pick. But when you take into account his accuracy, lack of production, inability to make reads, inability to work through progressions, and overall "it" factor, he's just another guy in a helmet and shoulder pads.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
This doesn't surprise me at all. Prior to him declaring, Gabbert was a second round prospect at best.

Then all of a sudden, once he declared, he became the "top QB in the class". Especially once Luck stayed in school.

I am always suspicious of players who for no reason (not even the Senior Bowl or Combine), suddenly shoot up draft boards.

All that being said, if we could get Gabbert in the second, I think that would be a great pickup. But I don't understand how he suddenly became a top 5-10 pick, and don't think he should be drafted nearly that high.

This.

During the season no one had Gabbert as a top college QB. Then someone looked at his size and put him in round 1.

The question I have is, Chase Daniel put up some great numbers at Mizz. Why didn't Gabbert? Did they change systems or something?

I guess 3" makes the difference between 1st round QB and an undrafted NFL backup.

AB and I are prob the biggest Gabbert "haters" on the board, but to be fair, Chase had Denario Alexander AND Jeremy Maclin form most of his years there to over inflate his statistics.

Gabbert just... sucks. It's not his fault he's been cast into this "1st round qb/top qb" spotlight. Hell anyone with his size and arm strength has the potential to be a draft pick. But when you take into account his accuracy, lack of production, inability to make reads, inability to work through progressions, and overall "it" factor, he's just another guy in a helmet and shoulder pads.

i dont think he sucks but he is a 2nd round prospect for sure he has grreat size and power instincts are good too his accuracy just sucks
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Quote:
REPORT: BLAINE GABBERT'S STOCK NOW SLIPPING
According to ESPN's Mel Kiper, Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert's draft stock has begun "slipping" heading into the Scouting Combine.
According to Kiper, Gabbert's fall has occurred after NFL teams did "more film work" on the underclassman's junior year. It's true that Gabbert did not dominate his competition in 2010, throwing for 16 touchdowns compared to nine picks and averaging an unimpressive 6.71 yards per attempt. Gabbert was much better as a sophomore. The Combine starts on February 24.

Like I have been saying Gabbert is not NFL Ready or 1st rd worthy.

lol so basically every QB in this draft is a mid round guy you wait on. every single QB that came out this year has been degraded alot. all their stocks have fallen, cept Newton, who is going to be somewhere in the JaMarcus Russell-Vince Young range. either way, do not want.
It's amazing how a player's stock rises and falls without so much as a practice session to cause a change in opinions.

This.

I'm assuming you've spent quite some time watching film on him? right?
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

This.

I'm assuming you've spent quite some time watching film on him? right?

He didnt have time cause he was busy scouting Stanzi
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
I don't think he falls that far. Probably not past seattle

I would love, absolutely love it if he goes to Seattle. If Arizona takes him, I'm going to celebrate before Niners are even on the clock.
Originally posted by valrod33:
His name is stupid and is not the name of a successful QB

agreed!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
This was just on espn:

Both Kiper and McShay have Gabbert as the #1 QB.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6120666

And since McShay is so high on Gabbert that would be enough for me not to take him in the 1st.

[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 14, 2011 at 15:54:23 ]
This was just on espn:

And since McShay is so high on Gabbert that would be enough for me not to take him in the 1st.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
This was just on espn:

This will change. If Cam passes the interview tests, he is by far the best QB of the bunch.
This was just on espn:

I guess Kiper and McShay weren't at Cam Newtons workout with Trent Dilfer.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
This was just on espn:

I guess Kiper and McShay weren't at Cam Newtons workout with Trent Dilfer.

Well Kiper does have Cam at #2 and the quarterback with the most upside.

This.

damn straight Swag. He just was inconsistent, and just didn't look like an NFL or a 1st Rd QB.
It is all going to come down to his campus workout, and I expect Gabbert to put on a terrific show.

One note on Colin Kaepernick. A report I read last week stated that Kaepernick has already taken the Wonderlic and scored a 38. That is a huge score. We could see one of the brightest groups of QB's in a long time, as Dalton, Ponder, McElroy and Gabbert are all expected to score in the mid-high 30's.
Share 49ersWebzone