There are 231 users in the forums

Do you guys think Prince would be better at safety?

I was reading this article about Prince and it talked about him being a better prospect at safety. I want to know your thoughts on this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvmtB5IL2xb7FUwurCA5G15DubYF?slug=nfp-20110208_is_prince_amukamara_worth_a_topten_pick
Take a top ten pick and convert him to safety? Don't like that one much
Folks overrating .40 times. Remember last year how Haden was all of the sudden a lame b/c of a slower than expected .40 time. The guy was top 10 corner this year as a rookie. Samething happening to Prince this year already. Darrelle Revis wasn't a top 10 pick and has turned into a shut down CB. It's not as cut and dry as the guy has speed or doesn't in determining how well he pans out. Jenkins and Rolle's main problem was the lack of fluid hips, and quickness and overall instincts to be able to play corner consistently in the NFL. Prince doesn't have that problem. Not having elite recovery speed is a problem, and that could knock him out of the top 10 but I don't think it warrants making him a safety.
No. Next question.
he may actually be better at safety but that doesnt mean he isnt going to be a nasty corner
Nope. Too short.

No, I think his best fit is CB in a cover 2 system.
Wes Bunting seems to be the ONLY guy with this theory right now. We'll see how it plays out, but I think Bunting is just trying to be provocative. He has Prince ranked behind Harris and Smith.

CB Rankings

Smith I can maybe understand, but Harris? C'mon.
Share 49ersWebzone