There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

my wish list mock draft

Im going to start it off with the QB killer we need in this passing leage

1st Von Miller Texas A&M
When offensive coordinators hear the name Von Miller the immediately think “pressure”. Miller lives in the offensive backfield piling up both sacks and tackles for loss. He not only tallies sacks he also forces quarterbacks out of the pocket making for uncomfortable passes. Miller utilizes his excellent speed to get around offensive tackles and make life miserable for quarterbacks.

2ed Jimmy Smith Colorado
Allowed just 11 completions combined as a junior and senior, with opponents routinely shying away from his side of the field --- Would fit best in a scheme where he can play a lot of press coverage

3ed Christian Ponder Florida St
Excels in the short to intermediate passing game but effectiveness wanes further down the field --- Possesses elite intangibles and physical gifts are more than sufficient

4th Sione Fua Stanford
stout player who uses his low center of gravity and squatty build to his advantage. Keeps his base down when uncoiling out of his stance and does not allow offensive linemen to leverage him. Extends his arms and generates a violent punch on contact, jarring blockers and quickly getting into position. Strong, powerful bull rusher who jolts the offensive lineman and gets leverage early

4th Casey Matthews Oregon
Above average athleticism and agility with a burst Outstanding football IQ, instincts and awareness Dependable tackler who will also deliver the bit hit Strong, physical and steps up to fill versus the run

5th Stanley Havili USC
A fantastic all-around player with the ability to be a weapon as a runner, receiver and blocker --- Best fit may come in a West Coast system

so is there a chance i could get my wish list ?
Yes. BUT, Ponder won't be there in the 3rd so we'll have to trade a pick next year plus that 3rd rounder this year.
I don't think Jimmy Smith is still on the board when we pick at 45. He may not go in the 1st round, but he won't go far into the second.
I think Matthews in the end will be a 5th rounder or even later. However, I think some of the players on your list could end up with the club.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Why do so many have us taking Matthews? How many ILB do we need, we take one every year and it's the least needed position on the team.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Why do so many have us taking Matthews? How many ILB do we need, we take one every year and it's the least needed position on the team.

Until Spikes retires we don't need to touch that position.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I have us talking Matthews as an OLB if he can be 3/4 as good as his brother ill take it or even 1/2 as good ill still take him but in the 5th or 6th
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
I don't think Jimmy Smith is still on the board when we pick at 45. He may not go in the 1st round, but he won't go far into the second.

Jimmy Smith is a guy who's stock will fly up with a fast 40 time or fall to us with a slow time but at the end of the day he is a great football player and I hope he falls in our lap
Originally posted by jreff22:

i disagree. we only had 3 ILB's on the roster last year after McKillop went down. He'll be coming back from knee surgery, Bowman still seems very raw, and Spikes will be another year closer to retirement. I think taking an ILB at some point in this draft is a good idea.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think Matthews in the end will be a 5th rounder or even later. However, I think some of the players on your list could end up with the club.

out of the six what two players do you think have the best chance of getting drafted by us or what two players would be the best fit
I think we will get three of those. Miller ponder the nt as well. We can take either that fb in the fofth or stanfords fb in the fourth