Manny Lawson OLB
Nate Clements CB/FS (restructured)
Takeo Spikes ILB
Travis LaBoy OLB
Brian Westbrook RB
Troy Smith QB
David Baas C

Free Agency & Trade
James Jones WR - Instantly becomes a starter here opposite Crabtree, WCO experience, playmaker, still young and has Superbowl winning experience.

Donovan McNabb QB - According to Adam Schefter on an ESPN Football Podcast, he expects McNabb to be available for a 5th in 2012, which is conditional that can be moved up to a 4th. Also we can restructure his contract.

Kamerion Wimbley OLB/DE - Had some good years in Clevelands 3-4 defense, and did pretty well in Oakland. Not a premier pass rusher but would be the best we have on the team for a relatively cheap price.

Chris Carr CB - Played well for Baltimore especially in the playoffs. Really came away impressed with him. A solid addition to the secondary.

Draft
Carolina - Nick Fairley DT
Denver - Patrick Peterson CB
Buffalo - Von Miller OLB
Cincinnati - AJ Green WR
Arizona - Marcell Dareus DT
Cleveland - Julio Jones WR
SF - Blaine Gabbert QB - We get our franchise QB to go forward with. Should Gabbert not be ready to go right away we have McNabb as a stop gap.

49ers Draft Rounds 2-7
Rashad Carmichael CB - Add another talented player to our secondary.

Brooks Reed OLB - Add another talent pass rusher to our team.

Sione Fua NT - Add a player familiar with Fangios defense to the d-line.

Ahmad Black SS - Need depth behind Mays.

Owen Marecic FB - Hopefully our next Tom Rathman, he can run and catch well and knows the Harbaugh offense.

Rounds 6-7 BPA. Preferences would be taking a C/OG, Safety Developmental QB to put on P-Squad.

Starting Offense

.....................................................Gore...............................
...................................................Marecic.............................
............................................Gabbert/McNabb......................
Jones...V.Davis..A.Davis..Heitmann..Baas...Iupati...Staley...Crabtree

Starting Defense

Carr/Spencer........Sopoaga...Franklin...J.Smith.......Carmichael
....................Lawson....Willis...Spikes..Wimbley/Reed/LaBoy
............Clements/R.Smith.................T.Mays
Lost me after Free Agency. Gabbert scares the sh!t out of me. Please not him at 7.

But overall not a bad mock. Just hate Gabbert
Very good rounds 2-6 but i dont think we get a qb early...

Also westbrook will likely be gone for more playing time. Lawson will be gone for more money and james jones is not a good number two wr and drops a lot...too many other fa wrs that are better for the money.

Carr would be a nickel cb and bal d made him look better than he is. We need an upgrade as a cb a starter not a third....so we wont break the bank on carr or jones and wont compete with lawsonnow that we have brooks laboy and possibly a fa and rookie
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Very good rounds 2-6 but i dont think we get a qb early...

Also westbrook will likely be gone for more playing time. Lawson will be gone for more money and james jones is not a good number two wr and drops a lot...too many other fa wrs that are better for the money.

Carr would be a nickel cb and bal d made him look better than he is. We need an upgrade as a cb a starter not a third....so we wont break the bank on carr or jones and wont compete with lawsonnow that we have brooks laboy and possibly a fa and rookie

I tried to keep it realistic, mocks that have us getting the likes of Asomugha and trading or whatever for some top WR are crazy.
would be happy with the free agent pick ups but hate the gabbert pick
I'd be happy with all that.

I know everyone wants to wait until later in the draft because Harbaugh has magic QB training powers. But I have no problem with them getting the best QB prospect they possibly can, regardless of price. Give Harbaugh the best chance of success possible by getting him the best prospect possible.
Good draft - not sold on Gabbart. Great pick up on Chriss Carr - I was more than impressed w/his play. However, Baltimore's excellent pass rush helps him out big-time.
This is the best Offseason I've seen so far on this board. Gabbert's a gamble but all high pick QBs are and we need one. Would like Jimmy Smith over Carmichael but he might not be there. McNabb might have one more season left in the tank. The free agent haul is pretty sizeable but may be achievable. We could use a speed change of pace running back, beyond Westbrook. Nice work.
It appears retaining Westbrook is not going to happen. I think he wants to head back east. We'll have to wait and see
i like everything but the 1st round pick. if we get mcnabb then i think we need to pick a CB/DE at 7 and maybe a QB in rounds 2-4 to learn under mcnabb

I think its an ideal offseason.

Addressed the QB position and a stopgap.
Addressed the CB position both in the draft and FA
Addressed the OLB position in FA with a developmental project in Brooks.

It also means that Gabbert would have several months with Harbaugh to work out the kinks and learn to operate under center. A FA pickup might not be able to join the team until August, depending on the CBA.
Pretty solid. I don't understand why you would resign Laboy, and Manny then trade for Wimbley, and draft Reed. I would let Lawson and Laboy walk if that's the case. Maybe keep Laboy for depth. and I would also let Westbrook walk.

I'm not really all that hype on Gabbert but qb is the team's biggest need so I can see that happening.

And no go on James Jones. I want a WR that can CATCH. I'd rather have Lance Moore.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
ugggh. that QB tandem has me mad and sad .
Bringing in McNabb then drafting Gabbert just isn't going to happen. You just don't spend 10+ mil on a quarterback then use your first round pick on the same position.
Share 49ersWebzone