LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

What if Harbaugh passes on drafting a QB?

Just an honest question I was thinking about. What if Harbaugh decides there is no one in this QB class he really thinks he can work with or that he would rather use his picks on other players and decides to wait until next year? He can pick up a vet FA that can carry us this year, and in 2012 has the chance to make offers for the #1 pick to get Luck (just to check ) or find a QB from a different draft class. Any chance, or does everyone think he'll grab one this year, either because he wants one or he simply has to.
  • mod
  • Veteran
It's a possibility
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Harbaugh passes on a QB, I honestly won't be too concerned, disappointed, yes, but we'd have to trust his judgment. But if we do, no doubt free agency or trades will be his answer.
I trust Harbaugh's judgement on this. If he doesn't want one early it's ok. The only thing is it leaves us potentially without a QB for 2011. At some point we have to get one but don't force it. IMO this 2011 class is being way overhyped. No one more so than Gabbert. His accuracy is questionable. He has the tendency to make wild decisions. Mallett looks like an interception waiting to happen. Although his arm is strong. Newton needs lots of work. Locker needs work.

Who would you pick high? I don't know if one is worthy of #7. Somebody may go that high. Possibly the overhyped Gabbert.
Then he is gonna go full out to bring back Alex Smith.
i wouldn't be too disappointed considering how weak the QB class is this year.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i won't be bummed at all. i'm not high on any of the QBs in this year's draft class.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

And we will have another losing season or 3!
Originally posted by fakers23:

beleive it or not Alex is the best FA QB option out there.
Why does every f---ing thread have to devolve into an Alex thread. Jesus H. I'm getting no joy out of the WZ these days.

Originally posted by highwayone:
Why does every f---ing thread have to devolve into an Alex thread. Jesus H. I'm getting no joy out of the WZ these days.

I actually hope we trade/sign a vet QB this year and wait to get a QB in the 1st next year (possibly trading up). I'd even be for signing another backup vet and cutting Carr this year. Either way I hope he doesn't force a QB this year if he doesn't feel comfortable. I think next year's class is better.

Edit: If we do draft one this year I would say 45 is the earliest. Maybe even 3rd round as a backup and bump Carr to #3 or sign another vet (make him 2) and 2/3rd rounder #2.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 8, 2011 at 20:10:20 ]

Only in Alex fans mind is he the best out there!

Who is better out there that isnt past his prime? And in no way am I an Alex fan.

Who is better out there that isnt past his prime? And in no way am I an Alex fan.

Let's see when McNab gets cut even after one bad year. He still better then Alex... Then you got trades for say Orton,Kolb,or Palmer... Alex has an 18-31 record... For 6 damn years we watched his sorry ass hold back the 49ers... Losing every game possible! I'm sick of the cancer! If he's back on the 49ers. They can kiss thier fan base good-bye,because out side Some people on the internet... No real fan going to show up to watch Captain Bust play!
Share 49ersWebzone