LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 201 users in the forums

SF69ers' Post Senior Bowl, Pre Combine 49er Mock (1st of the Year)

Originally posted by vrabbit:
great work

Really like the picks
Like your draft. I think the basic tenet of your draft is very sound and well thought out. If we manage to fill one of our needs in FA, I would like a guard like Moffet. I think this team is going to run more then we think. Not like Dingles**t did but well designed plays with superior players. Frankly Chilo is good at only a bull run blocker straight ahead. In a game where movement and smarts are needed he is lacking.
nice draft! I'd be estatic if Jimmy Smith falls to us. Although I dont think he will make it out of the 1st I'd love to see us get Von Miller or Quinn then trade up to grab Smith. I don't care what QB we draft as long as we don't draft one with the 7th pick. I put 100% of my trust in that position to Harbaugh and won't root for anyone, waiting till the 3rd for our QB would mean at least 2 starter quality players out of this draft.
You had me at Stanzi
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You know how I feel about Quinn, regardless, solid draft 69er!!!!!

Richard Sherman is a guy I hope Harbaugh really targets.

Love our secondary, Jimmy Smith and Richard Sherman very underrated if you ask me.

Orlando Franklin is another solid pick up, let Snyder focus on being our swing guard and let Franklin become our swing tackle.

thanks good sir. I just figured there are great players available at our 7 spot. So whether we select Quinn, or Miller, or Kerrigan, or Prince, I'll be happy.
I really like this draft.

Only thing that jumps out to me is the fact that I don't think Smith will be there by our time in the 2nd.

Some people are even saying that he can jump ahead of Prince as the #2 corner taken this draft. Which is a shame, because I was hoping he'd fall to us in the 2nd.

If he's gone, I think we should take Ras-I dowling in the 2nd.

good work though.
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:

Only thing that jumps out to me is the fact that I don't think Smith will be there by our time in the 2nd.

Some people are even saying that he can jump ahead of Prince as the #2 corner taken this draft. Which is a shame, because I was hoping he'd fall to us in the 2nd.

good work though.

I really hope Jimmy Smith falls to our second round pick or we move up to get him.
stanzi in the 3rd

I think he goes in the 5th

[ Edited by teeohh on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:53:55 ]
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm starting to think that Smith isn't gonna make out of the 1st round. A lot of those teams picking late in the 1st round could use a tall physical CB. If he runs a nice .40 time I don't think he gets past the Eagles. Lewis that late int eh draft does seem like a pipe dream, but it's a good dream.

Overall very solid

The whole Jimmy Smith-hype train ruined the plan. Not a whole lot of people really knew about the guy during the season. Oh well

We do have some options taking a corner in the 2nd round. Guys like Johnny Patrick, Rock Carmichael, and Ras-I Dowling should still be around when we pick.

Smith will be picked ahead of Prince A. He won't make it past Dallas in the 1st round.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:

good work though.

I really hope Jimmy Smith falls to our second round pick or we move up to get him.

Wasn't Ras-I Dowling the bad guy from Batman Begins? Liam Neeson was awesome in Taken, but is he really in football shape? In any event, he rates no higher than a 4th

Share 49ersWebzone