There are 207 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sleepers to watch for at the combine

We can add to the list as we get closer to the combine.

The 2 sleepers that i will be focusing on in hopes we draft them:

CB Buster Skrine Tennessee Chattanooga
-This kid can fly. He has excellent vision, hips, footwork, and instincts. I really think he'll shoot up the draft boards when he runs in the 4.3's... or faster. One thing that impressed me most about him is not only his willingness to play the run, but also how he attacks the run. Much like a Nate Clements/Antoine Winfield in that regard.
Video

WR Ricardo Lockette Fort Valley State
-Small school track star who plays wr pretty darn well. The thing i love about him, other than his incredible speed, is his route running. He gets on the db's toes quick and hard, then uses his speed to complete the route. He does it over and over again. He is also no just a straight line speed guy. He has the know how of when to use top end speed in a route and when to settle into a zone. Love this kids upside. At 6'2" 210lbs he should run in the 4.3's.

[ Edited by SWAGG-ER on Feb 8, 2011 at 10:03:09 ]
I'll take both of those guys.. and we should be able to get them with late picks or as undrafted free agents
If they have been invited to the combine, I'd hardly classify them as sleepers. But your right in that there's great talent to be had in the lower rounds mostly coz of the level of competition.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
If they have been invited to the combine, I'd hardly classify them as sleepers. But your right in that there's great talent to be had in the lower rounds mostly coz of the level of competition.

Considering a large amount of small school combine invites don't get drafted they are most certainly sleepers. I mean c'mon, Fort Valley State. I don't even know where the f that is.
Good, now we just gotta get Baalke to read this thread.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Good, now we just gotta get Baalke to read this thread.

Baalke has a great eye for talent. I truly believe that. He won't disappoint.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Good, now we just gotta get Baalke to read this thread.

Baalke has a great eye for talent. I truly believe that. He won't disappoint.

Woooooo I hope your right.
Kealoha Pilares

He hurt his knee a little during the bowl game but it wasnt serious. He could be a really good slot in the NFL and could be had real late or undrafted.





Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Kealoha Pilares

He hurt his knee a little during the bowl game but it wasnt serious. He could be a really good slot in the NFL and could be had real late or undrafted.







Watched most of his games in college, still holds Hawaii High school records for rush yards return yards touchdowns......this guys could be a slot receiver threat, runs good routes, pretty decent hands, and since he's a coverted RB, he runs hard when he has the ball, not to mention he can block. Good Sleeper nobody knows about.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Kealoha Pilares

He hurt his knee a little during the bowl game but it wasnt serious. He could be a really good slot in the NFL and could be had real late or undrafted.







Watched most of his games in college, still holds Hawaii High school records for rush yards return yards touchdowns......this guys could be a slot receiver threat, runs good routes, pretty decent hands, and since he's a coverted RB, he runs hard when he has the ball, not to mention he can block. Good Sleeper nobody knows about.

ya he could be had real late or even signed. Him hurting his knee in the bowl game(not serious) wont help his draft stock either. Which could mean we get an awesome steal
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Kealoha Pilares

He hurt his knee a little during the bowl game but it wasnt serious. He could be a really good slot in the NFL and could be had real late or undrafted.







Watched most of his games in college, still holds Hawaii High school records for rush yards return yards touchdowns......this guys could be a slot receiver threat, runs good routes, pretty decent hands, and since he's a coverted RB, he runs hard when he has the ball, not to mention he can block. Good Sleeper nobody knows about.

ya he could be had real late or even signed. Him hurting his knee in the bowl game(not serious) wont help his draft stock either. Which could mean we get an awesome steal

Reminds me of miles austin... Would like to have me one of them... I true slot wr who can catch!
K.P. I really hope we get this guy.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
We can add to the list as we get closer to the combine.

The 2 sleepers that i will be focusing on in hopes we draft them:

CB Buster Skrine Tennessee Chattanooga
-This kid can fly. He has excellent vision, hips, footwork, and instincts. I really think he'll shoot up the draft boards when he runs in the 4.3's... or faster. One thing that impressed me most about him is not only his willingness to play the run, but also how he attacks the run. Much like a Nate Clements/Antoine Winfield in that regard.
Video

WR Ricardo Lockette Fort Valley State
-Small school track star who plays wr pretty darn well. The thing i love about him, other than his incredible speed, is his route running. He gets on the db's toes quick and hard, then uses his speed to complete the route. He does it over and over again. He is also no just a straight line speed guy. He has the know how of when to use top end speed in a route and when to settle into a zone. Love this kids upside. At 6'2" 210lbs he should run in the 4.3's.

buster? when i went to college the basebal team had a catcher named don hyman--hs nickname was buster