There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog49er Big 100 Board

Originally posted by ishkabibel:
MadDog -- in your preamble you mention 49ers seem smitten with Von Miller. Do you get this info from a publication you could share with us, or through the resources you've developed over the years.

Only problem is that Arizona may be smitten as well. Unless they're stupid enough to take a QB at #5.
Damn I would LOVE to get Rahim Moore in the 2nd if he is there. He is the next ed reed.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
MadDog -- in your preamble you mention 49ers seem smitten with Von Miller. Do you get this info from a publication you could share with us, or through the scouting resources you've developed over the years.

LOLOLOLOL
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
No love for Chimdi Chekwa?
On Jan 2nd you said:

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Miller is probably a second round pick.

What would have changed in the last 30 days that would make him leap that far, over amazing talent? We all knew he'd be a workout/practice superstar. I'm not saying he isn't top 10 worthy. I'm just saying that is quite a jump in your opinion in a mere four weeks.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

This qb has 4 standout QBs like it or not...4 qbs that will be drafted in the 1st. And possibly 7 in the first 2 rounds. But ok if you still say that this is the worst QB class in some time.

FWIW I agree with you. This class has the potential to be one of the better qb classes in a long time. I just don't understand all this "terrible qb class" talk at all.

Truth is: I doubt that people here have the credentials to make a statement like that. Personally, I'm excited to see how it all plays out. There are a few potential blue chippers.
Originally posted by okdkid:
On Jan 2nd you said:

What would have changed in the last 30 days that would make him leap that far, over amazing talent? We all knew he'd be a workout/practice superstar. I'm not saying he isn't top 10 worthy. I'm just saying that is quite a jump in your opinion in a mere four weeks.

MadDog does very little formulating of his own opinion. He lacks the vision to see how amazing Miller was in college. He recognizes that EVERYONE was wowed by Miller and goes with the flow.

When in reality, Miller did nothing at the SB that he didn't do in his college career.

MadDog bases his big board off of every big draft pundits big board. Minor tweaking here and there. It's otherwise rubbish.
I see you got Locker pretty high up there bud. Ponder and Ballard should be ranked higher than Locker imo.

[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Feb 6, 2011 at 10:30:33 ]
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

This qb has 4 standout QBs like it or not...4 qbs that will be drafted in the 1st. And possibly 7 in the first 2 rounds. But ok if you still say that this is the worst QB class in some time.

FWIW I agree with you. This class has the potential to be one of the better qb classes in a long time. I just don't understand all this "terrible qb class" talk at all.

Truth is: I doubt that people here have the credentials to make a statement like that. Personally, I'm excited to see how it all plays out. There are a few potential blue chippers.

Let me clarify.

IMO,

I think Ponder, Stanzi, Dalton, and Mallett will eventually be pro bowlers. I also think Gabbert, Locker, and Newton are complete trash and will be out of the league in 5 years.

I guess i believe its a terrible FIRST ROUND VALUE for qb's this year. Assuming you consider Gabbert, Locker, and Newton as first rounders. I grade each of them as 4th rounders at best.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

Let me clarify.

IMO,

I think Ponder, Stanzi, Dalton, and Mallett will eventually be pro bowlers. I also think Gabbert, Locker, and Newton are complete trash and will be out of the league in 5 years.

I guess i believe its a terrible FIRST ROUND VALUE for qb's this year. Assuming you consider Gabbert, Locker, and Newton as first rounders. I grade each of them as 4th rounders at best.

Now that's rubbish.
Kaepernick has a lot of good qualities. He has a live arm, great mobility, and terrific size (he will fill-in that frame). Much to like.

The problem is breaking down his arm motion. He has a long wind-up, ala Tim Tebow, that will need to be corrected. He's a project, probably a fourth rounder.

How does Kaepernick go from 4th round to 47th overall in like 10 days? Do you just throw ish against the wall and hope it sticks? C'mon MD.
On Jan 2nd you said:

MadDog does very little formulating of his own opinion. He lacks the vision to see how amazing Miller was in college. He recognizes that EVERYONE was wowed by Miller and goes with the flow.

When in reality, Miller did nothing at the SB that he didn't do in his college career.

MadDog bases his big board off of every big draft pundits big board. Minor tweaking here and there. It's otherwise rubbish.

We all lack your vision.

Do you still have Stanzi and Ponder as the top two prospects in the draft?
Originally posted by strickac:
On Jan 2nd you said:

We all lack your vision.

YOU KNOW IT BROTHER! I put them #1 and 2 because qb is the most important position in the nfl and they are the 2 best qb's in the draft. Simplified rationalization, but it works. I truly believe they will be great.
Originally posted by strickac:
On Jan 2nd you said:

We all lack your vision.

YOU KNOW IT BROTHER! I put them #1 and 2 because qb is the most important position in the nfl and they are the 2 best qb's in the draft. Simplified rationalization, but it works. I truly believe they will be great.

WoW....I just spinned a wheel twice and came up with McElroy and Devlin!!!!! They will be the next franchise QBs in the NFL!!!!

Highlight of the off season...MD's Big Board!!! Thanks for putting in the time and effort.