LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 212 users in the forums

Official NFLPA All-Star Game thread

This game is for the hard-core draftnik.

Offensively, I think guys like Chad Spann (RB), T.J. Yates (QB), Stephen Skelton (TE) and Rob Housler (TE) will stand-out. Northern Iowa's Schulyer Oordt (6'6", 255) is a big TE with great downfield speed who might also be a fit for Harbaugh's offensive style.

On defense, Jerrell Powe (NT), John Graves (DE/DT), Hampton's Kenrick Ellis (NT) and Roberto Davis (3-4 OLB) are the guys to watch in terms of how they fit our scheme. Two small school CBs to also keep an eye on are Buster Skrine and Ryan Jones.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Thanks! I don't follow college ball during the season much, so these posts always help.

I've heard the NT prospects should be worth watching. That and Nathan Enderle is a late round prospect I've heard of.

I'll be watching for the rest of the guys you mentioned. Sounds like you're really high on that TE. I won't be shocked if we draft another TE late. Harbaugh really stocked up on them at Stanford. He seemed to prefer the really tall guys, so I'm interested to see if we target a tall (6'6''+) TE late.
wait is this the Texas vs Nation game or whatever that's called?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Offensively, I think guys like Chad Spann (RB), T.J. Yates (QB), Stephen Skelton (TE) and Rob Housler (TE) will stand-out. Northern Iowa's Schulyer Oordt (6'6", 255) is a big TE with great downfield speed who might also be a fit for Harbaugh's offensive style.

On defense, Jerrell Powe (NT), John Graves (DE/DT), Hampton's Kenrick Ellis (NT) and Roberto Davis (3-4 OLB) are the guys to watch in terms of how they fit our scheme. Two small school CBs to also keep an eye on are Buster Skrine and Ryan Jones.

Housler is a pretty damn good TE, he was pretty much an impact player for Florida Atlantic. I've already mentioned how I'm a big fan of Spann, if this is the game I think there's another interesting NT prospect in it
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
wait is this the Texas vs Nation game or whatever that's called?

Yup.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Housler is a pretty damn good TE, he was pretty much an impact player for Florida Atlantic. I've already mentioned how I'm a big fan of Spann, if this is the game I think there's another interesting NT prospect in it

I can definitely see Housler being a target for us somewhere in rounds 4-6.
Schulyer Oordt
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Ok, so the main reason I'm watching this game is to check out Kenrick Ellis. Yeah... I'm impressed. I'd say he can play NT. He's a man among boys in this game.

Just destroying double teams. Also, has the athletic ability to keep with a play to the sideline.

This isn't elite competition, but when you see a guy dominate like that... pretty good chance he can play in the NFL, IMO.

Fannin sure can catch, eh? I wouldn't mind us drafting him in the 6th.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Clay Nurse is a guy who didn't have much play time in his career, but looks like a project as a late 7th or UDFA for 3-4 OLB. Lots of special teams experience is a plus.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Ok, so the main reason I'm watching this game is to check out Kenrick Ellis. Yeah... I'm impressed. I'd say he can play NT. He's a man among boys in this game.

Just destroying double teams. Also, has the athletic ability to keep with a play to the sideline.

This isn't elite competition, but when you see a guy dominate like that... pretty good chance he can play in the NFL, IMO.

Fannin sure can catch, eh? I wouldn't mind us drafting him in the 6th.

Fannin and Ellis are definitely the two best talents in this game.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

Yep, glad I watched it. We could use both of those guys.

Powe, the other NT wasn't consistent at the point and seems like more of a penetrating style guy. He did win the game at the end with the stop in the backfield, though.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Yep, glad I watched it. We could use both of those guys.

Powe, the other NT wasn't consistent at the point and seems like more of a penetrating style guy. He did win the game at the end with the stop in the backfield, though.

Not sure if Ellis is worth a 2nd rounder as the game commentator mentioned, but he may be if we can't reach a long-term agreement with Franklin.
Now taking a break from the zone until the combine.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Not sure if Ellis is worth a 2nd rounder as the game commentator mentioned, but he may be if we can't reach a long-term agreement with Franklin.

I know nothing about the guy except that I was impressed. I'd have to do a whole lot more research to have an opinion on that.

Did he really have 94 tackles this season?
Share 49ersWebzone