LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

It's Cal time!

I like him.. a lot. I just like other players more at #7 right now. Bigger needs IMO and better players(IMO as well). Quinn, Prince, Miller etc.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
We won't take a pure DE at number 7. Quinn and Miller are much more valuable picks at this point. We will only take Amukamara if both of them are off the board.
The second round CB crop is huge so we will be taking a DE/OLB with our first pick.
Back on topic, it is ludicrous that you are saying that because we whiffed on 2 Cal players we would whiff on whoever we take here just because Cameron Jordan is from Cal.
Call me crazy but that is the logic I got from your post, Jordan is a great player but we definitely don't need a pure DE right now. Our DL is so so and with a pick combination of Quinn/Jimmy Smith CB or Miller/ Brandon Burton CB I would take that in a heart beat. Especially if we get another pro bowl year out of Justin Smith and Sopoaga has a solid year as well. Also I am not a huge Jeremy Beal fan but I can't deny his skill and if he is around for our 3rd round pick I would love it if we took him.

This is one hell of first three rounds if you ask me
1.Miller/Quinn
2.Burton/Smith(pretty much insert any 2nd round CB here, the 2nd round cb crop is pretty amazing)
3. Jeremy Beal/Or even Allen Bailey or Jarvis Jenkins
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I like him.. a lot. I just like other players more at #7 right now. Bigger needs IMO and better players(IMO as well). Quinn, Prince, Miller etc.

This, and I'm a Cal alumni.

I don't even want to trade down from 7, unless we get an offer we can't refuse. But, I do like him at #15
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Clearly i have high standards... And i want ever niner to be good enough to make the probowl... Clearly of the last decade of lossing you all have adjusted to watching s**tty talent and think a below avg passrusher, and a 20 tackles a season is good... Franklin does double that every year and he's a nose!

Youre right he is great against the run and aweful against the pass i wanted to see ray mac take over the position. Wouldnt we rather drop a few spots against the run.....around top ten and jump up in dl pressure which makes our secondary better...d better against passers and overall d better resulting in more wins???????
The answer is yes. We need another justin smith type that be just as good hopefully better. Good dls make a team overcome almost everything. Look at tb in 2002...chi in 85....nyg whipping brady. Enough said
Even tyson jackson went top 5. Most had him a mid first rounder. I think this kid is a instant starter. And you can't say that about to many dlinemen. I think miller sucks he's manny lawson part 2. now quinn i think is built better he's a more naturally passrusher. He'd learn to drop back, but i think he's got the hips and speed... If we have quinn on the board take him. Even with all the off the field problems... I think he's naturally better then miller already, and his potental is higher. But if it's miller i say we pass and trade out if theirs a good offer and we stay top 15!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Feb 4, 2011 at 20:32:45 ]
If the Niners take a DL at #7, it'll more likely be Phil Taylor than Cameron Jordan.
Originally posted by sfout:
We won't take a pure DE at number 7. Quinn and Miller are much more valuable picks at this point. We will only take Amukamara if both of them are off the board.
The second round CB crop is huge so we will be taking a DE/OLB with our first pick.
Back on topic, it is ludicrous that you are saying that because we whiffed on 2 Cal players we would whiff on whoever we take here just because Cameron Jordan is from Cal.
Call me crazy but that is the logic I got from your post, Jordan is a great player but we definitely don't need a pure DE right now. Our DL is so so and with a pick combination of Quinn/Jimmy Smith CB or Miller/ Brandon Burton CB I would take that in a heart beat. Especially if we get another pro bowl year out of Justin Smith and Sopoaga has a solid year as well. Also I am not a huge Jeremy Beal fan but I can't deny his skill and if he is around for our 3rd round pick I would love it if we took him.

This is one hell of first three rounds if you ask me
1.Miller/Quinn
2.Burton/Smith(pretty much insert any 2nd round CB here, the 2nd round cb crop is pretty amazing)
3. Jeremy Beal/Or even Allen Bailey or Jarvis Jenkins

I'm on board with everything said except I would squeeze in a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. But definitely pass rushing OLB in 1st. Then QB, CB in some order in 2nd and 3rd.
Share 49ersWebzone