LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

It's Cal time!

We missed out on, aaron rodgers... We missed out on Djackson. I won't miss out on the next cal star...
i want cameron jordan cal, God him and justin smith would just pwn. We'd be a 3-4 like the chargers were your front 3 get all the pressure.
I'm sick of watching issac do nothing in the passing game he's a below avg starter, and his ability to not be pushed around in the running game doesn't negate the fact he does nothing when it comes to pressure.

Franklin and Justin are above avg we have a chance to get younger and more talent on our dline and a starter day 1 no learning curve...

Miller sure talent, but manny lawson Jr runs the arch doesn't really have the size to bull rush.

Quinn more complete player, but could he over come everything, and stand up at olb...

So that leads me to take the best player who's nfl ready, Jordan come on down. Playing in a 3-4 all his life, already has nfl size, can run the arch and even bull rush.

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Feb 3, 2011 at 10:39:46 ]
I wouldn't mind, and not just because I'm a Cal fan.
3-4 DE is not a need.

CB or OLB please.
If a team was desperate and moved up to our position (therefore moving us down in the first round), then I would be all for it. He has unique quickness for his size. Our front 3 would be BEASTLY.

And maybe that will open up the possibility of taking Jimmy Smith or Aaron Williams later in the first/early second.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If a team was desperate and moved up to our position (therefore moving us down in the first round), then I would be all for it. He has unique quickness for his size. Our front 3 would be BEASTLY.

And maybe that will open up the possibility of taking Jimmy Smith or Aaron Williams later in the first/early second.

After Jordan's exceptional week at the Senior Bowl, he probably jumped into the top 10 prospect list. IMHO, he would not be a reach at pick number 7 at all.

If both Von Miller and Quinn are off the board by number 7, Jordan would be my pick. Miller likely will be gone by then. Quinn has some character questions but if he checks out, would be a fantastic 3-4 LB.

The question I have for the Zoners is this......if you had to choose between Quinn and Jordan, who would you take? That is a very realistic question I can see the Niners having to answer before they draft.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
3-4 DE is not a need.

CB or OLB please.
Good player, but not as big a need as other positions on defense. The d-line was the strength of the defense last year and most of the players should be back. If the Niners traded back from #7 with someone like the Patriots, then Jordan would be a great pickup as long as the Niners netted a CB or OLB to go along with him.
No way. Not at 7. I'd vomit.
Cant believe he's dissing Issac Sopoaga.......call one time that man got pushed back. I'm a HUGE Issac fan since he played for UH and forever he will be a Niner!!!!
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Cant believe he's dissing Issac Sopoaga.......call one time that man got pushed back. I'm a HUGE Issac fan since he played for UH and forever he will be a Niner!!!!

Well your blind, I'll make my case!
Justin smith in 3 years of being a niner
Total tackles combined 198!
Total sacks 21.5
Total FF, 4
Total int's, 1

Issac's career as a niner!!! 7 YEARS of STATS VS 3 should be better right!!!
Total tackles combined 168!
Total sacks 6.5 for his career... LESS then 1 a season.
Total FF, 1
Total Int,0

7 years of issac vs 3 of justin smith We need some dline help!! It is a need everyone on the dline is old, Issac is 29, Franklin is 30, justin smith 31!!!
Look we need to overhaul the enter defense! Cb, Lb, Dline!!!

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

Well your blind, I'll make my case!
Justin smith in 3 years of being a niner
Total tackles combined 198!
Total sacks 21.5
Total FF, 4
Total int's, 1

Issac's career as a niner!!! 7 YEARS of STATS VS 3 should be better right!!!
Total tackles combined 168!
Total sacks 6.5 for his career... LESS then 1 a season.
Total FF, 1
Total Int,0

7 years of issac vs 3 of justin smith We need some dline help!! It is a need everyone on the dline is old, Issac is 29, Franklin is 30, justin smith 31!!!
Look we need to overhaul the enter defense! Cb, Lb, Dline!!!

I'm thinking that our 3-4 defense was made for the NT to hold his ground, DE's to set the edge and fill space so our LB's can shoot gaps and make plays.....but I may be wronge.....and yea if your just looking at stats than yea Im sure he's not a 2-time PRO BOWLER JUSTIN " THE COWBOY " SMITH, but they play 2 diffrent positions. If you wanna bash somebody, bash Franklin, he's a bigger dissapointment than Sopoaga.
This would be the equivalent of the NY Jets drafting a CB in the first round or Kansas City drafting Mark Ingram (should he fall to them). This is not a need. The defensive line with isaac Sopoaga was the strength of our defense. I don't favor taking a CB in the first either but that makes more sense than taking a DE, no matter how talented. The only thing that would even make me consider a defensive lineman would be if they were a 3-4 NT prospect, a la Vince Wilfork, with top 10 talent. And that's after Robert Quinn, Von Miller, and Prince Anukamara are off the board.
If we trade down then yes, I'd be okay with it around the 13-15 area.
THAT WAS GREG'S SCHEME! VIC SCHEME is to get the dlinemen up field push the pocket into the qb's face penetrate... different d cord my friend im not against trading back we need to aquire a cb and once the run starts were screwed, we have a lot of holes to fill... Dline, LB, CB, QB, FB... Miller is not a player that just makes me go wow... Jordan is that player, but we can get him later, and add more picks to get other spots filled as well.. issac is over rated, i looked at stats last year of the bests 3-4 ends, justin smith number one... Issac bottom to last.
He doesn't keep willis clean anyways!!!
Clearly i have high standards... And i want ever niner to be good enough to make the probowl... Clearly of the last decade of lossing you all have adjusted to watching s**tty talent and think a below avg passrusher, and a 20 tackles a season is good... Franklin does double that every year and he's a nose!
Share 49ersWebzone