LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

YOU are on the clock... (2011 version)

Atlanta Falcons pick Sam Acho DE.
New England selects WR Tandon Doss from Indiana.

Pats get a WR with size and good hands, who can also contribute on special teams.
After shoring up their O-line in the first two rounds of this draft, the Bears turn their attention to another huge need on the D-line. The Bears select DT Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson.

[ Edited by BoiseNiner on Feb 4, 2011 at 23:44:09 ]
Jets add young depth to their d-line by selecting Terrell McClain, DE/DT from South Florida.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Jets add young depth to their d-line by selecting Terrell McClain, DE/DT from South Florida.

Nice pick
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
The SF 49ers select QB Ricky Stanzi, Iowa University

Sorry John, don't like the pick. But, a QB here will a lot of sense.

The Niners have to come out of this draft with a QB and Stanzi was the last viable prospect left in my opinion. Ponder should have been the pick in rd 2

Ponder/Stanzi = same difference, imo. Seems like a couple weeks ago everyone on here was riding Stanzi's jock. Now it's Ponder's turn.

Interesting. I just saw in another thread that you would draft Jake Locker with the 7th pick of the draft since you consider him a "tier 1" QB. So.. you really think taking Locker in the first makes more sense than Ponder or Stanzi in 2nd or 3rd? Wow! I think you would be in the minority on that opinion.

At pick 7 I would have been torn between Gabbert, Locker, and Newton. Not too much of a stretch seeing as they went at picks 8, 10, and 15. In terms of being in the minority, I would agree entirely. And I don't mind being in the minority. I learned a long time ago that the majority is often wrong in the NFL draft.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Nice pick

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
The SF 49ers select QB Ricky Stanzi, Iowa University

Sorry John, don't like the pick. But, a QB here will a lot of sense.

The Niners have to come out of this draft with a QB and Stanzi was the last viable prospect left in my opinion. Ponder should have been the pick in rd 2

Yea, I actually saw your pick first and then saw Ponder was available in rd. 2 and was passed on. Didn't really have a choice.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Green Bay drafts BPA as always.

NT Sione Fua, Stanford
Pittsburgh selects Terrence Toliver / WR / LSU

The Carolina Panthers select TE Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin.

With their two top TE's being FA's and not really good starting options to begin with, the Panthers focus on giving Clausen the chance to succeed with a new WR and new TE in back to back rounds. New Coach Rivera has said he wants to have a TE that would be an all-in one type of TE threat. Kendricks has soft reliable hands and is a decent blocker. Rivera saw first hand in San Diego what a playmaking TE can do for an offense.
Seahawks find their QB of the future in Pat Devlin, Delaware.
Buffalo selects the versatile K.J. Wright OLB who should fit in nicely in a 3-4 alignment with his coverage skills.
Cincinnati Bengals select CB Curtis Brown from Texas.

After addressing offense with their first 3 picks, the Bengals add depth to an average secondary.
Cleveland needs serious help on the right side of their line, so they go with OG John Moffitt.

P.S Is he available? I checked and I think he is.
Share 49ersWebzone