There are 152 users in the forums

In the Top 10, which team reaches and what player?

Thought I'd mix it up a little from all the mock drafts and threads about which QB, CB or LB choices we should draft with our 7th overall pick.

In last years draft, I think most would agree that the Jaguars reached with their 10th pick of Tyson Alualu. Most fans and sports writers were like "WTF?!" with that selection. I checked his stats and he had 3.5 Sacks and 38 Tackles total. Decent for a rookie DT who started all 16 games. But IIRC, he was projected a late first/early second round pick, so that was a definite reach.

Year before that, Raiders had a "WTF" moment when they skipped over Crabtree and really reached when they drafted WR D. Heyward-Bey instead. He had a terrible rookie year, but remember JMR was their starter that season. Campbell and Gradkowski are much better QBs although DHB still had mediocre #s (26 Rec, 366 Yards, 1 TD) in his 2nd season. So, he's starting to look like an overpaid bust WR that's not living up to the expectations of a 7th overall draft pick.

So, which team reaches in the top 10 this upcoming draft and what player do you think they select? This is all in good fun. Go!

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Feb 2, 2011 at 10:38:24 ]
IF a team reaches I would guess Cardinals going for Cam Newton.

[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Feb 2, 2011 at 10:48:22 ]
I think the skins at 10 take Locker
If anybody takes a qb in the top 10 it'll be a reach. I have a feeling that buffalo or arizona will take cam newton as well.
I can see Blaine Gabbert going to Az. Just a belief that they shoot for a "new face of the franchise" quarterback because Whiz's coaching job should be safe. I don't think there are too many more options than qb for them that will turn their team around
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I think the skins at 10 take Locker

i'm going with this one too
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah if someone is gonna reach I think its gonna for a qb. It really looks like none of these QBs are worth a top ten pick.
Hopefully it's not us with Cameron Jordan.

If I had to guess though it would be the Bills taking Cam Newton at 3.
I would guess Cam Newton to the Skins at #10 if Gabbert is gone already.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Blaine Gabbert heads the list of my MOST OVERRATED player in this draft..

Who ever drafts him on the top 10 is reaching big time..

i just see too much Ryan Leaf in this guy.. the kid shoulda stayed in school for another year..

Guessing a team, I would say the Bills. They always seem to go off the board.

Hard to say what player though, as it doesn't look like there is much separating players ranked about 1-8, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise if any of them went.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I really feel strong about Buffalo taking a QB.. Their owner didnt's shy away all of last year stating that they need a QB.. but, again, I strongly believe that Buffalo will draft Jake Locker..

He's the only QB in this draft that has the toughness and patience of Jim Kelly when it comes to carrying a team in this kinda city.
I'm hoping the Cardinals reach for Mitch Mustain with the 5th pick
gotta hope that a division rival reaches for a pick instead of getting good value....so dont care who it is as long as the cards dont get good value
  • dj43
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
If anybody takes a qb in the top 10 it'll be a reach. I have a feeling that buffalo or arizona will take cam newton as well.

I would extend that to the top 20.
Share 49ersWebzone