LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

krizay mock 2.0

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I think it's a good mock.

The thing about the quarterback is, Harbaugh will probably have a favorite, whoever that favorite is, we are going to have to reach for him because there are 3-4 teams ahead of us who want a quarterback prospect just as badly as we do.
Its not going to make fans happy, but I think we will have to trade up even farther than this to get our guy.

Maybe Harbaugh likes a bunch of quarterbacks equally, so we can just take whichever one happens to fall to us, but I doubt that is going to be the case.

Bingo!
I like it dude. Ponder is my favorite QB in this year and Miller is a beast. You know what they say, haters gon hate!!
Yes thank you for trading up. They may have to trade into the bottom of the first to get the qb they want. Its funny how everyones mock has us taking what ever qb they want in the second not realising we pick after several teams in the same need of a qb. If Newton, Mallet, Locker is a reach for the niners at 7 then they are a reach for everyone else. Other teams may do the same take best player available in the first and target thier qb in the second.
No real corners? No thanks.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

The thing about the quarterback is, Harbaugh will probably have a favorite, whoever that favorite is, we are going to have to reach for him because there are 3-4 teams ahead of us who want a quarterback prospect just as badly as we do.

Its not going to make fans happy, but I think we will have to trade up even farther than this to get our guy.

Maybe Harbaugh likes a bunch of quarterbacks equally, so we can just take whichever one happens to fall to us, but I doubt that is going to be the case.

Exactly - good mock. FA can address the rest of our needs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
This draft is KRIZAY!! No way in hell we trade up for Ponder. Even if Ponder is selected there will still be guys like Dalton and Stanzi on the board.
Ponder
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Ponder
I hope we all realize there is no way we trade up to get ponder and no way we wait to get a cb until after our third pick.

Von millet at 7 and in the second round either ponder or best cb available.

Also no other offense until that late??? We will probably get the best fb in the fourth or if hes not available maybe a guard

Originally posted by genus49:
Ponder would be a good pick but there is absolutely no reason to trade up for him.
Don't need to trade picks to move up for Ponder.

I don't see Dione Lewis falling to the 7th.

I agree with this. In fact, if Harbaugh has a clear favorite, we may need to even get ahead of Seattle at 25 to get our guy. Whether that means trading up from #45 or down from #7 remains to be seen.
If 3-4 teams are taking QBs in front of us, than OLBs, NTs, CBs, and Ss will be falling to us. Let the draft come to us.

If you must take a QB in the first two rounds, trade back in the first and take Ponder, and then stockpile picks. That way Harbaugh and his coaching staff can get multiple chances to grab the players they want for their system. Much better than losing picks over the next two years.
  • dj43
Originally posted by mebemused:
If 3-4 teams are taking QBs in front of us, than OLBs, NTs, CBs, and Ss will be falling to us. Let the draft come to us.

If you must take a QB in the first two rounds, trade back in the first and take Ponder, and then stockpile picks. That way Harbaugh and his coaching staff can get multiple chances to grab the players they want for their system. Much better than losing picks over the next two years.
This team doesn't need to stockpile picks at this point. What it needs is impact players at 4 key spots: OLB, CB, safety and of course QB. (A speedy WR would be nice but if the other needs are met we can get by for a year.) Consequently, with that many key needs, BPA on each of the first 3 rounds is the best way to build up the team. I would trade away all the other picks if I could fill 3 of those 4 key needs.

Depth can be added via FA but there are no impact players coming in FA save Nnamdi, and he will be ultra expensive. Getting impact players in the draft is the best way to build.
Share 49ersWebzone