There are 199 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock Draft w/trade for QB

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
stopped reading when we traded our 1st for kolb, dont care if we got their 1st rd pick. kolb is not worth giving up the 7th overall

this
If we could walk away with Kolb, Kerrigan and Smith in the first two rounds, while only surrendering a future 4th, that would be a great draft, IMO.

Landing a starting QB, WOLB and CB (and possibly a starting NT) is no easy feat in a draft. That would a great boost for the franchise.

Personally I think the Eagles will want more than that though. They know Vick isn't durable enough to carry them all year, so I think they're content to hold him until approaching next year's trade deadline, atleast. At the same time, they know he's buying his time and waiting for his contract to expire, so he can leave as a FA, so they'll try to salvage some picks this offseason if the deal is sweet.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
stopped reading when we traded our 1st for kolb, dont care if we got their 1st rd pick. kolb is not worth giving up the 7th overall

Well, if reports are saying that the Eagles want 2 first rounders for him, my scenario was much more realistic. Even after trading our number 7, we still get to draft a stud pass rusher in Kerrigan.

How is your scenario realistic if the reports are that they want 2 firsts for just Kolb and in your scenario we are swapping first round picks and getting Kolb?

The latest :

Quote:
Buzz around the water cooler at Senior Bowl practices placed a second-round or possible late-first round trade value on Kevin Kolb.
SI.com's Peter King has been adamant that the Eagles will not move Kolb, but ESPN's Adam Schefter now reports the team will entertain offers. Kolb is only signed through 2011, so GM Howie Roseman would be remiss if he didn't at least consider flipping him for a first-round pick and signing a veteran to back up Michael Vick. The 49ers, Cardinals, Vikings, Titans, Panthers and perhaps even the Browns could be interested in Kolb.
I really can't understand why anybody thinks Kolb is anything other than a career NFL backup.
a) he wasn't a high pick or touted highly coming out of college - he was the 4th ranked QB in 2007 draft and given a 3rd round grade by most scouts.
b) and has put up a career NFL passer rating of 73.2, including 76.1 last year before being dumped for Vick.

Please can anybody tell me why he's worth anymore than a 3rd round pick?

Is this a case of the 'Emperors new clothes' or am I blind?
Here's what I'm hoping for towards the top of the draft...

1) Von Miller/Robert Quinn

2) Trade along with next years 2nd for Kevin Kolb

3) Brandon Burton/Rashad Carmichael (or best remaining CB)

4) If the first 3 rounds go something like this, I'll be happy with whatever else happens.
Originally posted by DraftaQB:
I really can't understand why anybody thinks Kolb is anything other than a career NFL backup.
a) he wasn't a high pick or touted highly coming out of college - he was the 4th ranked QB in 2007 draft and given a 3rd round grade by most scouts.
b) and has put up a career NFL passer rating of 73.2, including 76.1 last year before being dumped for Vick.

Please can anybody tell me why he's worth anymore than a 3rd round pick?

Is this a case of the 'Emperors new clothes' or am I blind?

It's a projection, much like when pro scouts project the value of a rookie QB even though he's never played a snap in the NFL. Reasons being:

~He was highly thought of coming out of Houston as an ideal WCO-style QB
~Quick release, smart, good size, mobile, strong-enough arm and good accuracy
~Has been coached for 3 years by one of the best WC minds in the business (Andy Reid)
~Has played well in spots in the NFL, and not played well in others...but hasn't had enough playing time for a complete evaluation

So you can either write him off as someone who hasn't performed yet, or "project" how he might play given complete control of a team as the unquestioned starter.

There's no right or wrong, but there are reasons for liking him. And when the landscape for quality QB is dry, you have to be creative and take a chance on a guy who may not be an all-pro today, but who seems to have the basic toolkit to develop.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 4, 2011 at 13:01:55 ]
Jerrel Jernigan is listed as a 1st or 2nd rounder on many mocks so doubt he will be there.

Edit: I really like him though, so would hope you are right!

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 6, 2011 at 16:49:09 ]