There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock Draft w/trade for QB

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Owens81Owns:
I've watched every throw Kolb has made in his limited playing time the past 2 years. Let me just say, that he is NOT an upgrade from Alex Smith. And this is coming from one of Alex's biggest critics.

1) Terrible deep ball. Almost Dorsey-like. Complete wobbler.

2) Accuracy is inconsistent, short to intermediate.

3) Has no pocket presence of which to speak of.

This reminds me a lot of the AJ Feeley hype. If you remember, the savvy Eagles front office squirmed a 2nd rounder from the Dolphins for Feeley. Feeley went on to have a terrible year with the Dolphins and wasn't heard from since.

If we trade our 1st for their 1st for Kolb, I will break my wall.

kolb played in a system at houston whee the main play was the bubble screen---as people begrudge alex smith coming from a spread system in college, so did kolb

biggest difference between kolb and alex is that kolb has been under the tuteledge of great coaches who are capable of developing qbs.

Kolb would be a MAJOR uprgrade over any qb weve had on our roster in nearly a decade. He is a perfect fit in our offense, and is young enough to be our franchise qb, while at the same time not setting us back like a rookie qb would do by going through those early growing pains.

I dont want to trade a first, but as i stated in my previous post, would give up a 2011 second, and a pick in the 2012 draft that is performance based

Not having a CBA in place makes it a little more difficult to trade for him, and if that is the case, I think a qb hungry team would,if its after the draft when trades can finally be made, be willing to trade a 2012 1st for him.
Originally posted by cory4903:
Originally posted by hofer36:
I've watched every throw Kolb has made in his limited playing time the past 2 years. Let me just say, that he is NOT an upgrade from Alex Smith. And this is coming from one of Alex's biggest critics.

This reminds me a lot of the AJ Feeley hype. If you remember, the savvy Eagles front office squirmed a 2nd rounder from the Dolphins for Feeley. Feeley went on to have a terrible year with the Dolphins and wasn't heard from since.

kolb played in a system at houston whee the main play was the bubble screen---as people begrudge alex smith coming from a spread system in college, so did kolb

biggest difference between kolb and alex is that kolb has been under the tuteledge of great coaches who are capable of developing qbs.

Kolb would be a MAJOR uprgrade over any qb weve had on our roster in nearly a decade. He is a perfect fit in our offense, and is young enough to be our franchise qb, while at the same time not setting us back like a rookie qb would do by going through those early growing pains.

I dont want to trade a first, but as i stated in my previous post, would give up a 2011 second, and a pick in the 2012 draft that is performance based

Not having a CBA in place makes it a little more difficult to trade for him, and if that is the case, I think a qb hungry team would,if its after the draft when trades can finally be made, be willing to trade a 2012 1st for him.

he has been under those coaches yes....but what exactly has he developed into besides a terrible quarterback
I wouldn't trade that much for Kolb. If the eagles are demanding that much, we are better off going with Alex again because honestly, I feel as these two quarterbacks are pretty much the same.

I also don't think Jimmy Smith will be there in the 2nd round.
way to much for kolb. last year he went 2-3 with 1,197 7td and 7 ints. and overall he only has 2082yds with 11td and 14 int. i would rather take a QB at 7 than give that up for him. he has a chance to be a good qb but i would only give a 3rd for him.
live here in philly so really pay attention to whats goin on with the birds...

Asking price was reportedly 2 firsts last season, now as the backup after the up and down season he had no team would do that trade, except of course for the eagles.

More realistically Kolb could be had for a second rounder HOWEVER, because so many teams need a QB teams will raise that price in a supposed bidding war for him.

I believe Kolb could be had for a 2nd rounder this year, and a pick next year anywhere between the 2nd-4th round, depending on performance.

I would trade a 2011 second and 2012 a third or fourth for him in a heartbeat, probably even two 2nds

thanks seems like honest assessment. I just question whether he's "the guy".
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Everyone does realize that the only way this trade can happen is if the CBA is signed before the NFL draft? Without that, it won't be possible to trade for any players. Maybe the CBA will be signed before the draft, but I doubt it.
Originally posted by fryet:
Everyone does realize that the only way this trade can happen is if the CBA is signed before the NFL draft? Without that, it won't be possible to trade for any players. Maybe the CBA will be signed before the draft, but I doubt it.

This-CBA ain't happening before the draft, too much issues to deal with. Kolb is also not going to be let go because Vick is older and more injury prone since he likes to take off and run alot. If they do let him go it will be for next years pick and the season being shortened because of a lockout.

4) always throwing the check downs. I'd rather see our QB take chances for the big plays.

I'd rather make a play for Kyle Orton

[ Edited by SoCal9ers on Feb 1, 2011 at 14:39:28 ]
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
stopped reading when we traded our 1st for kolb, dont care if we got their 1st rd pick. kolb is not worth giving up the 7th overall

Well, if reports are saying that the Eagles want 2 first rounders for him, my scenario was much more realistic. Even after trading our number 7, we still get to draft a stud pass rusher in Kerrigan.

How is your scenario realistic if the reports are that they want 2 firsts for just Kolb and in your scenario we are swapping first round picks and getting Kolb?
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
live here in philly so really pay attention to whats goin on with the birds...

Asking price was reportedly 2 firsts last season, now as the backup after the up and down season he had no team would do that trade, except of course for the eagles.

More realistically Kolb could be had for a second rounder HOWEVER, because so many teams need a QB teams will raise that price in a supposed bidding war for him.

I believe Kolb could be had for a 2nd rounder this year, and a pick next year anywhere between the 2nd-4th round, depending on performance.

I would trade a 2011 second and 2012 a third or fourth for him in a heartbeat, probably even two 2nds

thanks seems like honest assessment. I just question whether he's "the guy".

Vick is franchised so they are giving him one more year ... I can't see how the Eagles would be interested in trading away Kolb, especially if it goes to an 18 game season due to the likelihood of Vick getting injured. It would take much more than 2 2nds to pry him away from the Eagles, especially considering that if they drafted a QB in the first they'd be paying the guy substantially more than the 3.25 million Kolb is scheduled to earn.
Trade our 1st (7) and 5th and 2012 4th for the Eagles' 1st (23) and Quarterback Kevin Kolb.
since when is kolb worth a first-rounder??? you can give them our 2nd-rounder and a CONDITIONAL 2012 1st. otherwise it's a fail, sorry.

[ Edited by communist on Feb 1, 2011 at 14:59:16 ]
Like the Havili and Fua pick, WR would rather have Salas.
I understand that many of you are pissed that I gave up #7, but we still got the Eagles' 1st rounder. If we're able to get a stud pass rusher with that pick, whats wrong with that? Not only do we get Kerrigan, we also get hopefully our franchise QB, and plus, we don't have to spend a high draft pick on a QB.

Can people actually comment on the picks?
Kevin Kolb?
I understand that many of you are pissed that I gave up #7, but we still got the Eagles' 1st rounder. If we're able to get a stud pass rusher with that pick, whats wrong with that? Not only do we get Kerrigan, we also get hopefully our franchise QB, and plus, we don't have to spend a high draft pick on a QB.

Can people actually comment on the picks?

kolb isnt worth a 1st round pick. espically at #7, even if we get there 1st round pick. i think people would want kolb just not with a #7 pick. i would rather get a QB/CB/pass rusher at #7 then trade a 3rd for him.