There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

robert quinn vs von miller

robert quinn vs von miller

I'd be happy with either of these guys at 7. Guess we will be taking whoever Arizone doesnt take.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
miller = freeney

Dwight Freeney?? They're nothing alike.
What were Amhad Brooks' measureables coming out of college? Weren't they comparable to any OLB/DE of any draft.
Originally posted by Joecool:
What were Amhad Brooks' measureables coming out of college? Weren't they comparable to any OLB/DE of any draft.

Might be wrong but I think Brooks was a MLB in a 3-4 defense run by Al Groph (former nfl coach) who is one of the few that run a 3-4 defense in college.

From wiki
During his sophomore year at the University of Virginia he was one of three Butkus Award finalists, which goes to the best linebacker in the country. He played in 12 games, earning All-America honors after totaling a team-leading 90 tackles, with eight sacks, two INTs, 11 QB pressures and 10 tackles-for-loss.

Basically, gets kicked off team for off field issues, enters supplemental draft and the Bengals take him. He plays a bit, gets hurt and goes on IR... gets cut in 08.

from wiki
On August 31, 2008, Brooks was claimed off waivers by the San Francisco 49ers. The team released linebacker Dontarrious Thomas to make room for Brooks. The 49ers waived Brooks on November 29 to make room for wide receiver Chris Hannon, but re-signed Brooks on December 2 after Hannon was waived.
On December 2, 2009, San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Singletary mentioned that Brooks would be used increasingly during pass rushing situations. In week 14, Brooks recorded single-game career-highs of 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles against the Arizona Cardinals.

I think during that time we moved him from MLB to OLB, perhaps back again and then back again because he had problems with his weight. I think we where willing to cut our losses because he had gotten so out of shape and fat. Things kind of clicked but his dad died last year and I think he was out some time with a lacerated kidney.

Can't help you with his measurable in college though.

Can you tell by this play?

Yeah, he's been through lot and I really have high hopes for him. Wish he could be that 10-15 sack guy for us.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 1, 2011 at 12:55 AM ]
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
miller = freeney

Dwight Freeney?? They're nothing alike.

Both are/were seen as one-dimensional, elite speed rushers, who doesn't have the size for DE. Yes, their body types are different, but their game is based on speed and getting up field. The question marks about being a liability against the run still exist.

You can throw Dumervil in that bunch as well. Typically, these guys slide, but Miller is rare because he's been groomed to standup and rush, making his perfect for the 3-4. Plus, he surprised everyone with his strength and ability to keep lineman off of him with his powerful hands and good technique.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I'd be happy with either of these guys at 7. Guess we will be taking whoever Arizone doesnt take.
I was for Robert Quinn because of his size and speed and high ceiling, but Von Miller has won me over. He is just naturally suited and damn near built to be an outside line backer in a 3-4.

I'm on the Miller bandwagon now
Originally posted by boooby:
I was for Robert Quinn because of his size and speed and high ceiling, but Von Miller has won me over. He is just naturally suited and damn near built to be an outside line backer in a 3-4.

BOOBIE MILES!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by boooby:

BOOBIE MILES!!!!!!!!!!
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for pete98146.
Where would Quinn play in the 3-4? Would he play LB?
Originally posted by pete98146:

hed be lb hes the perfect 3-4 olb
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by pete98146:

hed be lb hes the perfect 3-4 olb

I don't agree with this imo I think he's a perfect 4-3 end that can be good a 3-4 OLB. I think Miller on the other hand is the perfect 3-4 OLB.
I like them both, I would prefer Von Miller but I wouldn't be upset if we got Robert Quinn he played very well in 2009 if he played the 2010 season he have been a sure fire top 5 pick. He has great size and a natural ability to rush the passer.

Also is it just me or does Aldon Smith from Missouri remind anyone of Manny Lawson at all?
Originally posted by duceduce2:

Also is it just me or does Aldon Smith from Missouri remind anyone of Manny Lawson at all?

Nope, it's not just you. I've read this a few times before. He's Manny x2.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

We can agree on Quinn but shut-down corners shut down one receiver. I agree with those who think a great pass rusher has greater impact. Even hurries disrupt the offense and the hits on the QB really shake things up. So, if Quinn and Peterson are both great at their positions I will take Quinn.

I take Peterson because he is safer and IMO the better player. I will agree though the pass rush is more important than the secondary. Now, if we are lucky enough to get Peterson I follow up in the 2nd with OLB. Maybe Brooks Reed, Jeremy Beal, Acho, etc. Either way I think it's best if we go OLB/CB for the 1st 2 rounds.

What makes Peterson a "safer" pick ?

its cuz hes black

So is Quinn

Oh really

You know who makes that same face and stance after a sack? Terrel Suggs...

Just sayin'