LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Post Sr. Bowl Mock

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
1. Car - Fairly: at the end of the day they go with the penetrating d-lineman
2. Den - Darius: once again they address the most important unit on the D
3. Buf - Newton: once all is said and done Gaily can't resist Newton's athleticism
4. Cin - Gabbert: Palmer will make his demands clear. They'll need a QB
5. Ari - Miller: While they like Peterson better, they NEED a pass rusher more
6. Cle - Green: While Holmgren would prefer a pass rusher, Green is too good
7. SF - Peterson: Probably the safety of the future, but will start at CB...have the niners ever had luck drafting a DB at #7?

Rd. 2

Christian Ponder - It's looking more and more like the niners liked what they saw from him, and he does fit the scheme quite well.

Rd. 3

Ahmad Black - In one draft the team fixes the secondary by adding another ball-hawking playmaker. His size will drop him to the 3rd once the combine rolls around. He's really really small

Rd. 4

Cassey Matthews - Just a good football player. This is a bit premature since we just drafted Bowman to take over for Spikes, but we'll still need another ILB to compete

Rd. 4

Stanley Havili - Perfect WCO fullback

Rd. 5

Ricky Elmore - Good pass rusher whose getting overshadowed by Reed, but is a decent prospect as well. We'll need to do more to fix the pass rush

Rd. 5 (trade our 6 and 2 7's for a 5th round pick)

Alex Henry - It's time to address the kicking game with the injury to Nedney

Free agency:

We'll need to address the pass rush, and possibly supplement the O-line, although for the most part, I don't see too much investment in that department.

Bowers to Buffalo instead of Newton. I agree with the Bengals taking Gabbert but that is only if they trade Bengals.

But, if Bowers does fall to Cleveland, I agree, the Browns will have a huge decision to make.
Originally posted by jwick13:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
1. Car - Fairly: at the end of the day they go with the penetrating d-lineman
2. Den - Darius: once again they address the most important unit on the D
3. Buf - Newton: once all is said and done Gaily can't resist Newton's athleticism
4. Cin - Gabbert: Palmer will make his demands clear. They'll need a QB
5. Ari - Miller: While they like Peterson better, they NEED a pass rusher more
6. Cle - Green: While Holmgren would prefer a pass rusher, Green is too good
7. SF - Peterson: Probably the safety of the future, but will start at CB...have the niners ever had luck drafting a DB at #7?

Rd. 2

Christian Ponder - It's looking more and more like the niners liked what they saw from him, and he does fit the scheme quite well.

Rd. 3

Ahmad Black - In one draft the team fixes the secondary by adding another ball-hawking playmaker. His size will drop him to the 3rd once the combine rolls around. He's really really small

Rd. 4

Cassey Matthews - Just a good football player. This is a bit premature since we just drafted Bowman to take over for Spikes, but we'll still need another ILB to compete

Rd. 4

Stanley Havili - Perfect WCO fullback

Rd. 5

Ricky Elmore - Good pass rusher whose getting overshadowed by Reed, but is a decent prospect as well. We'll need to do more to fix the pass rush

Rd. 5 (trade our 6 and 2 7's for a 5th round pick)

Alex Henry - It's time to address the kicking game with the injury to Nedney

Free agency:

We'll need to address the pass rush, and possibly supplement the O-line, although for the most part, I don't see too much investment in that department.

Bowers to Buffalo instead of Newton. I agree with the Bengals taking Gabbert but that is only if they trade Bengals.

But, if Bowers does fall to Cleveland, I agree, the Browns will have a huge decision to make.

Buffalo is decently unpredictable, and I have a feeling that they'll fall in love with Newton after the combine. Fitzpatrick, after all, is... Well... Fitzpatrick. He's not exactly Brady. Newton gives them hope due to his upside. As for Bowers, I believe he's overrated, and when the dust settles he'll be the 3rd pass rusher off the board, after Miller and Quinn. Quinn will also have a mind boggling combine performance, and raise his stock.
I like the Havili pick
would rather spend the matthews pick on an OLB. not sure who ricky elmore is but that is our biggest need so id rather address that instead of another ILB
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
would rather spend the matthews pick on an OLB. not sure who ricky elmore is but that is our biggest need so id rather address that instead of another ILB

Yes, but I really like Matthews as a TED LB, while I don't see a good pass rusher available. Elmore is from AZ and plays opposite of Brooks Reed. He'll be a LeBoy type player IMO
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

WTF Bowers will NOT make it out of the top 7!

If he was there at 6 Cle would have a big decision to make, they could take Green just as easily.

Anybody can fall, its the nature of the beast

I agree. i think if anyone falls, it will probably be either Bowers or Dareus because they're 4-3 guys. Probably Dareus though.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I wish these mock drafts would include the position that they play. I don't know the new draftees well enough yet to have their positions memorized.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:

If he was there at 6 Cle would have a big decision to make, they could take Green just as easily.

I agree. i think if anyone falls, it will probably be either Bowers or Dareus because they're 4-3 guys. Probably Dareus though.
Dareus isn't a 4-3 guy. He could play DT in a 4-3 but he just spent 3 years playing in Nick Saban's 3-4.
Originally posted by fryet:
I wish these mock drafts would include the position that they play. I don't know the new draftees well enough yet to have their positions memorized.

Fixed

[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on Feb 2, 2011 at 00:01:50 ]
I agree with your reasons for the top seven but at the same time den gets their sack machine back dumervile so they may take pp instead at cb.

Originally posted by ishkabibel:

Some say that Cleveland and Denver may switch to a 4-3 and they could grab these two. Who knows...?, not I
Originally posted by elguapo:
I agree with your reasons for the top seven but at the same time den gets their sack machine back dumervile so they may take pp instead at cb.

Definitely could. But their D line needs major help, and I'm hearing they'll stay in a 3-4
Share 49ersWebzone