There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Sr. Bowl Mock

1. Car - Fairly DT: at the end of the day they go with the penetrating d-lineman
2. Den - Darius 4-3 DT/3-4 DE: once again they address the most important unit on the D
3. Buf - Newton QB: once all is said and done Gaily can't resist Newton's athleticism
4. Cin - Gabbert QB: Palmer will make his demands clear. They'll need a QB
5. Ari - Miller OLB: While they like Peterson better, they NEED a pass rusher more
6. Cle - Green WR: While Holmgren would prefer a pass rusher, Green is too good
7. SF - Peterson CB/S: Probably the safety of the future, but will start at CB...have the niners ever had luck drafting a DB at #7?

Rd. 2

Christian Ponder QB - It's looking more and more like the niners liked what they saw from him, and he does fit the scheme quite well.

Rd. 3

Ahmad Black S/CB - In one draft the team fixes the secondary by adding another ball-hawking playmaker. His size will drop him to the 3rd once the combine rolls around. He's really really small

Rd. 4

Cassey Matthews ILB - Just a good football player. This is a bit premature since we just drafted Bowman to take over for Spikes, but we'll still need another ILB to compete

Rd. 4

Stanley Havili FB - Perfect WCO fullback

Rd. 5

Ricky Elmore 3/4 OLB - Good pass rusher whose getting overshadowed by Reed, but is a decent prospect as well. We'll need to do more to fix the pass rush

Rd. 5 (trade our 6 and 2 7's for a 5th round pick)

Alex Henry - K/P It's time to address the kicking game with the injury to Nedney

Free agency:

We'll need to address the pass rush, and possibly supplement the O-line, although for the most part, I don't see too much investment in that department.

[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on Feb 2, 2011 at 00:01:24 ]
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
1. Car - Fairly: at the end of the day they go with the penetrating d-lineman
2. Den - Darius: once again they address the most important unit on the D
3. Buf - Newton: once all is said and done Gaily can't resist Newton's athleticism
4. Cin - Gabbert: Palmer will make his demands clear. They'll need a QB
5. Ari - Miller: While they like Peterson better, they NEED a pass rusher more
6. Cle - Green: While Holmgren would prefer a pass rusher, Green is too good
7. SF - Peterson: Probably the safety of the future, but will start at CB...have the niners ever had luck drafting a DB at #7?

Rd. 2

Christian Ponder - It's looking more and more like the niners liked what they saw from him, and he does fit the scheme quite well.

Rd. 3

Ahmad Black - In one draft the team fixes the secondary by adding another ball-hawking playmaker. His size will drop him to the 3rd once the combine rolls around. He's really really small

Rd. 4

Cassey Matthews - Just a good football player. This is a bit premature since we just drafted Bowman to take over for Spikes, but we'll still need another ILB to compete

Rd. 4

Stanley Havili - Perfect WCO fullback

Rd. 5

Ricky Elmore - Good pass rusher whose getting overshadowed by Reed, but is a decent prospect as well. We'll need to do more to fix the pass rush

Alex Henry - It's time to address the kicking game with the injury to Nedney

Free agency:

We'll need to address the pass rush, and possibly supplement the O-line, although for the most part, I don't see too much investment in that department.

WTF Bowers will NOT make it out of the top 7!
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

If he was there at 6 Cle would have a big decision to make, they could take Green just as easily.

Anybody can fall, its the nature of the beast
Originally posted by jreff22:

If he was there at 6 Cle would have a big decision to make, they could take Green just as easily.

I would have Buffalo taking Bowers instead of Newton I think they like Fitzpatrick enough...

other than that, I've been meaning to do a mock but you did it for me. I absolutely think that if some of the teams fall in love with a QB like Gabbert, or any other QB for that matter, it def creates a scenario where Peterson could fall to us!!!
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

I would have Buffalo taking Bowers instead of Newton I think they like Fitzpatrick enough...

other than that, I've been meaning to do a mock but you did it for me. I absolutely think that if some of the teams fall in love with a QB like Gabbert, or any other QB for that matter, it def creates a scenario where Peterson could fall to us!!!

ive been banging that drum for over a month
1. Car - Fairly: at the end of the day they go with the penetrating d-lineman
2. Den - Darius: once again they address the most important unit on the D
3. Buf - Newton: once all is said and done Gaily can't resist Newton's athleticism
4. Cin - Gabbert: Palmer will make his demands clear. They'll need a QB
5. Ari - Miller: While they like Peterson better, they NEED a pass rusher more
6. Cle - Green: While Holmgren would prefer a pass rusher, Green is too good
7. SF - Peterson: Probably the safety of the future, but will start at CB...have the niners ever had luck drafting a DB at #7?

Rd. 2

Christian Ponder - It's looking more and more like the niners liked what they saw from him, and he does fit the scheme quite well.

Rd. 3

Ahmad Black - In one draft the team fixes the secondary by adding another ball-hawking playmaker. His size will drop him to the 3rd once the combine rolls around. He's really really small

Rd. 4

Cassey Matthews - Just a good football player. This is a bit premature since we just drafted Bowman to take over for Spikes, but we'll still need another ILB to compete

Rd. 4

Stanley Havili - Perfect WCO fullback

Rd. 5

Ricky Elmore - Good pass rusher whose getting overshadowed by Reed, but is a decent prospect as well. We'll need to do more to fix the pass rush

Alex Henry - It's time to address the kicking game with the injury to Nedney

Free agency:

Someone will, right? Bowers is a 1 year wonder, and history isn't kind to 1 year wonder pass rushers. Quinn is a better prospect IMO. They both drop past 7. Lots of talent this year
Peterson over Miller in every spot.

AZ takes Peterson and we take Miller.

Thank you for validating my position.

Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

Fitzpatrick is this decades version of Rich Gannon. Buffalo will ride with him IMO. If they have another bad year, that puts them in a likely position to be in position for Luck next year.
Wouldn't be upset with that, but really want Miller!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Peterson over Miller in every spot.

AZ takes Peterson and we take Miller.

Thank you for validating my position.

I agree for the most part...but their secondary is good, while they have ZERO pass rush. Wiesenhunt also comes from Pitt where an avg secondary is constantly helped out by a dominant pass rush (I know TP is elite, but outside of him Pitt's secondary has been avg). Personally I'm not huge on Miller, but then again, I'm not the one in the draft room for a reason.
I'd be down with that. Not in love with your 3rd and 4th picks though.
I'm sorry but mocks like this cannot be taken seriously.

You're pretty much throwing names in there for teams just to see guys you like to fall to the 49ers.

Patrick Peterson will not fall to us, certainly not with Bowers also being available.
Originally posted by genus49:
I'm sorry but mocks like this cannot be taken seriously.

You're pretty much throwing names in there for teams just to see guys you like to fall to the 49ers.

Patrick Peterson will not fall to us, certainly not with Bowers also being available.

I think my mock is VERY realistic. Is it possible that Peterson won't fall? Sure. But I can also defend all of those picks. Peterson isn't even #1 on my wish list. And I really do see a scenario where the Cards pass on him in order to address their biggest need on a horrific defense. The Browns just invested heavily in the secondary last year, and need a weapon for their young QB--Green is still the premier talent in this draft. Buf and Cin could go CB, but they both have really good corners (Hall and Joseph, if he resigns, for Cin and McGee for Buf. They also have Byrd as a good young safety). The first 2 picks are very likely to be D line. So tell me, which of these players is so unrealistic? More unrealistic than say Crabtree falling to 10, Dez Bryant falling all the way to the 20s, Trent Williams being the 1st OT drafted, or Tyson Alualu going in the top 10?
Originally posted by miked1978:

I'm a big fan of Black. Small, but has been a playmaker throughout his college career. Always around the ball, and always at key moments. Not sure he falls, but he may. Which 4th round picks don't you like? Havili or Matthews?
Originally posted by miked1978:

I'm a big fan of Black. Small, but has been a playmaker throughout his college career. Always around the ball, and always at key moments. Not sure he falls, but he may. Which 4th round picks don't you like? Havili or Matthews?

Matthews. May have the heart but may not have the size or enough speed to compensate at the pro level. Also we have Scott McKollip (sp?) returning. Why forget yesterdays high draft picks? I'd look for DL/nose tackle help there . . . possibly the Stanford guy. Undersized . . . could fall? Or someone like that.

Otherwise its all good by me.

I like the Black pick. But somewhere I read that Baalke won't pick small DBs. I hope that is not true.