LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Trade back for Ryan Kerrigan?

i am def down with that Kerrigan and Brandon Harris
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I agree! Brandon Harris is a good corner, I just hope we dont have U of M withdrawals after drafting Mike Rumph
Him or jordan.. It all starts up front. Issac sucks... This guy can play both the run and pass i actually think he's a better run player then jordan. Either way i'd be happy the quickest way to the qb is the dline, if plays such as manny and harlson run the arch and push the qb to step up he's going to run into a big wall of justin smith and either jordan or ryan!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Not too big on Brandon Harris. Not very physical of a corner. Good footwork and technique, but NFL caliber receivers could toss him aside.
Yes.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
i would prefer trading our first next year if we have a chance to draft Kerrigan..

He in this draft will be the "matthews" of Green Bay!!
You'd probably have to trade to a team before NE, because he has Patriots written all over him at number 17. I just don't see the team trading down. I think they will sit and wait for the draft to fall into their laps. Somebody terrific is going to be on the board at 7, a real difference maker.
WesBunting Number of scouts don't think #Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan has position in NFL, too light to anchor down, too stiff to play up #NFLDRAFT

WesBunting I wasn't overly impressed with Kerrigan as pass rusher, and the guy is not a good anchor vs. the run, light and plays high... #NFLDRAFT

WesBunting The NFP has had the down arrow on Kerrigan for a while now, don't think he's going to do real well at NFL Combine either. #NFLDRAFT
Originally posted by valrod33:
WesBunting Number of scouts don't think #Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan has position in NFL, too light to anchor down, too stiff to play up #NFLDRAFT

WesBunting I wasn't overly impressed with Kerrigan as pass rusher, and the guy is not a good anchor vs. the run, light and plays high... #NFLDRAFT

WesBunting The NFP has had the down arrow on Kerrigan for a while now, don't think he's going to do real well at NFL Combine either. #NFLDRAFT

That's my only concern with him. He does play extremely high. That was Adam Carriker's main problem and why he never panned out. I do love Kerrigan's intensity and motor.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the Lions will be druilling for a CB.. i think we can trade them the 7th pick so they can pick up Prince while we sit back and let Kerrigan fall on us..

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
You'd probably have to trade to a team before NE, because he has Patriots written all over him at number 17. I just don't see the team trading down. I think they will sit and wait for the draft to fall into their laps. Somebody terrific is going to be on the board at 7, a real difference maker.

In your opinion Mad Dog who would be the difference makers for SFs needs?

I don't remember specifically, but I'd bet that was the knock given to Jared Allen coming out of Iowa St, causing him to fall to the 4th round. The didn't factor in Allen's relentless play/non-stop motor; Kerrigan is a carbon-copy in that respect.
The Combine will be a good indicator for how athletic Kerrigan is compared to the other 3-4 OLB candidates. As of right now, I think the Niners stand pat and take whomever lands in their lap.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I don't remember specifically, but I'd bet that was the knock given to Jared Allen coming out of Iowa St, causing him to fall to the 4th round. The didn't factor in Allen's relentless play/non-stop motor; Kerrigan is a carbon-copy in that respect.

Jared Allen's knock was his DUI arrest his Jr. year. His attitude is also kind of... off putting i'm sure for most teams liking. 13 bench reps certainly didn't help either.

On the field though, Allen was a terror in college. Absolute beast. Much like his nfl career.
Is it certian that he will be able to drop from a 3-4 OLB spot? If so then yeah, I would entertain that idea. It's just that I've heard mixed opinions on whether he can make the conversion or not.
Share 49ersWebzone