LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 323 users in the forums

Can you make a case for the 49ers to draft RB Mark Ingram?

hell no dont want ingram, rbs can be found later and were in no need to draft 1 in the 1st
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
hell no dont want ingram, rbs can be found later and were in no need to draft 1 in the 1st

shane vereen in the 3rd!

No, but here is a Mark Ingram commemorative ball in a case.
I wouldn't mind him.

this
Originally posted by teeohh:

shane vereen in the 3rd!

i wouldn't mind Vereen as a change of pace back but isn't 3rd kinda high for him?
None at all. Running backs can be found in any round.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders were found in the 1st...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

exactly it. they were best the history in the 1st round for Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders because they are short like Mark Ingram.. I love the short and running power!

And this proves what? Terrell Davis was found in the 6th. I don't think there is another position in the NFL where a guy drafted outside of the first round or even undrafted in some cases (the guy from New Orleans) has a better chance of being successful.

And this proves what? Terrell Davis was found in the 6th. I don't think there is another position in the NFL where a guy drafted outside of the first round or even undrafted in some cases (the guy from New Orleans) has a better chance of being successful.

NOTE: Both Priest Holmes and Arian Foster went undrafted.

You are hoping for a miracle if you are hoping to get a guy that good in the 6th. Those guys are rare. A lot of good RB's were picked early.

You are hoping for a miracle if you are hoping to get a guy that good in the 6th. Those guys are rare. A lot of good RB's were picked early.

Running backs are a dime a dozen. Just look how many teams have 2 good rbs sharing carries. No need to use a high 1st round pick on one this draft with so many other holes
Taking Coffee's back up.

3rd Round or lower.
no way, RB is not a need for the 9ers even if Westbrook doesn't return we don't need to spend a 1st round pick on a RB. Now if somehow he fell to us in the 2nd jump on him but that won't happen.
Share 49ersWebzone