LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Can you make a case for the 49ers to draft RB Mark Ingram?

Rather have Demarco Murray. He's more of a WCO back.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
DeMarco Murray, Kendall Hunter, Shane Vereen, even Quizz would be better for our system.
Essentially we have a stop-gap at RB with Gore. I foresee he has maybe 1-2 yrs left in him. Also, due to the fact we have bigger needs I cannot justify us picking up a RB in the first 2 rounds. Good question though
Originally posted by PTulini:
Calm down guys. It's just a question.

at this rate PT you will have a thread on half the players in the draft
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Absolutely.

I think he will turn out a lot like MJD.

If i knew i could get MJD with the 7th pick in the draft, how could i say no?

I think he'll be as good as MJD, if not a little better. I still don't want to spend a 1st on him. Solid RBs are way to easy to find and we have other needs.

Our early picks need to be starters.

No, I dont see that happening.

I see him being injured alot, with his bodyframe.

[ Edited by ninerlifer on Jan 30, 2011 at 18:23:25 ]
yes...if he somehow lasted until the 4th round.
Nate Clements got fat
Yes but not at #7. He reminds me a lot of Emmitt Smith. A straight ahead down hill runner who is tough to tackle. He could be very good. He may be underestimated in this draft in a lot of ways. He's not fancy or super fast. But he can be a very good NFL player.

Frank Gore has 2 torn up knees and now a shattered hip also. He may be done for all we know. Westbrook may not stick around. It's not nearly as absurd as some posters are suggesting in this thread. I would prefer to trade down and stockpile some extra picks if we do it. But the reality is we need a long term plan at RB. And as much as he is beloved Frank Gore is way on the downhill end of his career.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes but not at #7. He reminds me a lot of Emmitt Smith. A straight ahead down hill runner who is tough to tackle. He could be very good. He may be underestimated in this draft in a lot of ways. He's not fancy or super fast. But he can be a very good NFL player.

Frank Gore has 2 torn up knees and now a shattered hip also. He may be done for all we know. Westbrook may not stick around. It's not nearly as absurd as some posters are suggesting in this thread. I would prefer to trade down and stockpile some extra picks if we do it. But the reality is we need a long term plan at RB. And as much as he is beloved Frank Gore is way on the downhill end of his career.[/quote]

I agree. A broken hip is not so easy to come back from....ask Bo Jackson. Hope that Dixon can shed a lil weight and turn into something special in the mean time.
i think Ingram can be a good NFL player, but RB is not a priority, even with Gore's injury. By all reports he should be fine and ready to go for next season, and with glaring holes at much more important positions (QB, CB, OLB), and Dixon showing that he can be at least serviceable, and the possibility that Westbrook could come back...I just don't see the need for drafting a RB in the first couple of rounds.

that said, the argument for Ingram would be something along the lines of grabbing the BPA and having a sure-fire RB of the future in place for when Gore is gone, which we all know will be sooner than later. So you could make the argument, but it won't be a strong enough argument, IMO.

[ Edited by HessianDud on Jan 30, 2011 at 18:36:12 ]

Nope, he will be drafted way too high for the 49ers to draft him. I wouldn't want him for our first or second.
I watched the tv college football about Mark Ingram looked good a football and beautiful to win! Mark Ingram is very good the size short and Running Power is very good. I loved it. I hope that Gore should to trade the 1st round middle? then Grab to Mark Ingram is going to all my heart pound.. Mark Ingram can make the team will better improve for effect players and Support our team to get a win!

[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jan 30, 2011 at 18:56:31 ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I watched the tv college football about Mark Ingram looked good a football and beautiful to win! Mark Ingram is very good the size short and Running Power is very good. I loved it. I hope that Gore should to trade the 1st round middle? then Grab to Mark Ingram is going to all my heart pound.. Mark Ingram can make the team will better improve for effect players and Support our team to get a win!

Say what?

You're drunk aren't you? Please step away from the keyboard.
Originally posted by strickac:

Say what?

You're drunk aren't you? Please step away from the keyboard.

... If u don't understand me what i am saying it? you don't need to read my poster. I can poster anytime. u can't judge me this!

Share 49ersWebzone