LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Can you make a case for the 49ers to draft RB Mark Ingram?

I'm not saying that I think we should, but we do need to consider all possible options. We don't know if Brian Westbrook will return? And how much does Frank Gore have left in him?

What are you thoughts?

Look at what I found online...

[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 30, 2011 at 17:18:20 ]
Nope can't think of one.
naw, Gore still has some in the tank and we have too many other glaring needs. Every mock i see has Ingram going in the mid to late 1st. If he was a 3rd rounder like Coffee than i would consider it... still a maybe tho as that seems to be the QB round.
would command too high of a pick. we could pick up anyone and put them back there. we also have a year of gore left to not even worry about rb
Absolutely not
no, thx...even mcclueless managed to find a pro bowl rb in the 3rd-round...why should we pick one in the 1st though we dont have any need there?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
NO

/thread
Nope.
Calm down guys. It's just a question.
Absolutely.

I think he will turn out a lot like MJD.

If i knew i could get MJD with the 7th pick in the draft, how could i say no?

I'm not a big fan of Ingram. But if I were, he'd need to be there in the 4th round. Just too many other needs.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Absolutely.

I think he will turn out a lot like MJD.

If i knew i could get MJD with the 7th pick in the draft, how could i say no?

I think he'll be as good as MJD, if not a little better. I still don't want to spend a 1st on him. Solid RBs are way to easy to find and we have other needs.

Our early picks need to be starters.
I think it's very rare that you can ever make the case for drafting a RB in the first. If there's one position that does not need to be drafted high it's RB. Late round RBs succeed all time. And mid round guys become studs just about as often as first round guys.

Personally, I'd rather draft Shane Vareen in the 4th.
Not a good one.............not even a plausible one.
Mark Ingram will be one of the best players to come out of this draft.
Share 49ersWebzone