There are 223 users in the forums

My First Mock Draft of the year!!

Here it goes...

1st Rd- Pick #7- Prince Amukama CB Nebraska 6'1 200 lbs.(steps in as instant starter, becomes an elite corner in 2-3 years)

2nd Rd- Pick #45 - John Moffitt G Wisconsin 6'4 313 lbs.(not a huge need but after watching "Bust Mode" Chilo all year, Moffitt could easily push him in camp for a starting spot)
(If we're feeling Frisky in the 2nd Rd and it might be kind of early but Marvin Austin could be a 1st rd talent if we can keep him out of trouble)

3rd Rd- Pick #76- Here we take our QB of the future which we are HOPEFULLY going to let sit behind a vet for a few years. In no paticular order...
Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada 6'6 220 lbs.
Christian Ponder QB Florida State 6'3 228 lbs.
Pat Devlin QB Delaware 6'4 220

4th Rd- Pick #107- Greg Romeus DE Pittsburgh 6'6 270
(First Rd talent who is injury prone however if he falls to the 4th rd and can stay healthly could be a huge steal. Gore was injury prone and fell to the 3rd rd and that seemed to work out ok for us)

4th Rd- Pick #114- Greg Salas WR Hawaii 6'2 200 lbs.
(not sure if Austin Pettis WR Boise St 6'3 200 lbs. falls this far but if he does that very well could be the pick. I'm tired of our "big" WR being Zig. no offense to him but it's nice to have a guy you can throw a jump ball to and he can go get it)

5th Rd- Pick #138- Owen Marecic FB Stanford 6'1 245lbs.
(Harbaugh goes with what he knows, lets face it, our FB's aren't a strength for us and Marecic can be a beast on Special Teams as well. Let's hope he lasts this long)

6th Rd- Pick #169- Richard Sherman CB Stanford 6'2 190 lbs.
(Again Harbaugh uses his inside info. and takes a nice player that could develop into a great nickel corner. Could put on some weight but that will come with growing into his body.)

6th Rd- Pick #185- James Carpenter OT Alabama 6'5 305 lbs.
(Big and Strong, will probably move inside to Guard in the NFL. Depth on the O-Line. As we know, you can NEVER have enough O-Linemen)

7th rd- Pick #199- Antonie Carter DE Auburn 6'3 258 lbs.
(Had a good year and lets face it he's a pass rusher from the National Champs. I figured why not, a little small but he could possibly be one of those hybrid pass rushers.)

7th rd- Pick#200- Terrell McClain DT South Florida 6'2 302 lbs.
(I'm not gonna lie I don't know too much about him, the few games I watched from SF he seemed to be a big bodied run stopper so I figure let's give it a shot, see if we can't catch lightening in a bottle twice.) (Ricky-Jean)

Compensation Pick- Wayne Daniels TCU OLB 6'2 250 lbs.
(Takin a guess here. Special Teams I guess)

Well, here's my first mock draft of the year. Let me know what you guys think. Please be easy, I am by no means an expert. HAHAHA I know i'm reaching a bit hoping some players stick around later then they might but who knows?? Even the experts don't get this stuff right.... GO NINERS!!!!!
Originally posted by joeymac49s:
Here it goes...

1st Rd- Pick #7- Prince Amukama CB Nebraska 6'1 200 lbs.(steps in as instant starter, becomes an elite corner in 2-3 years)

2nd Rd- Pick #45 - John Moffitt G Wisconsin 6'4 313 lbs.(not a huge need but after watching "Bust Mode" Chilo all year, Moffitt could easily push him in camp for a starting spot)
(If we're feeling Frisky in the 2nd Rd and it might be kind of early but Marvin Austin could be a 1st rd talent if we can keep him out of trouble)

3rd Rd- Pick #76- Here we take our QB of the future which we are HOPEFULLY going to let sit behind a vet for a few years. In no paticular order...

(First Rd talent who is injury prone however if he falls to the 4th rd and can stay healthly could be a huge steal. Gore was injury prone and fell to the 3rd rd and that seemed to work out ok for us)

(not sure if Austin Pettis WR Boise St 6'3 200 lbs. falls this far but if he does that very well could be the pick. I'm tired of our "big" WR being Zig. no offense to him but it's nice to have a guy you can throw a jump ball to and he can go get it)

(Harbaugh goes with what he knows, lets face it, our FB's aren't a strength for us and Marecic can be a beast on Special Teams as well. Let's hope he lasts this long)

(Again Harbaugh uses his inside info. and takes a nice player that could develop into a great nickel corner. Could put on some weight but that will come with growing into his body.)

(Big and Strong, will probably move inside to Guard in the NFL. Depth on the O-Line. As we know, you can NEVER have enough O-Linemen)

(Had a good year and lets face it he's a pass rusher from the National Champs. I figured why not, a little small but he could possibly be one of those hybrid pass rushers.)

(I'm not gonna lie I don't know too much about him, the few games I watched from SF he seemed to be a big bodied run stopper so I figure let's give it a shot, see if we can't catch lightening in a bottle twice.) (Ricky-Jean)

Well, here's my first mock draft of the year. Let me know what you guys think. Please be easy, I am by no means an expert. HAHAHA I know i'm reaching a bit hoping some players stick around later then they might but who knows?? Even the experts don't get this stuff right.... GO NINERS!!!!!

Why get a hybrid pass rusher when you can get Von Miller. He's already in a 3-4 defense and knows how to get to the QB. No more converting undersized DE to LB - too much work.
Von Miller most likely won't be around in the 7th rd. Hell if he is i'm all for grabbin him. I believe we need to address the secondary with our 1st rd pick more then a pass rusher. Prince has the talents to be one of the best in the NFL.
Good mock, I dont like Devlin his release is way too slow
i understand drafting a guard i dont see going that early for one. we can resign almost all of our vets for real cheap and have bigger needs. everything on the line is set (do need C depth) and would rather have a new starter at RG but other than that i think we are good. staley sims at LT, Iupati LG, Baas heittman C, chilo maybe even bass RG and davis RT.

weve spent enough high picks on that line as it is. (dont get me wrong tho we still need better play out of them)
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
i understand drafting a guard i dont see going that early for one. we can resign almost all of our vets for real cheap and have bigger needs. everything on the line is set (do need C depth) and would rather have a new starter at RG but other than that i think we are good. staley sims at LT, Iupati LG, Baas heittman C, chilo maybe even bass RG and davis RT.

weve spent enough high picks on that line as it is. (dont get me wrong tho we still need better play out of them)

I agree that we've spent a lot of early picks on the line but Moffitt I think is what we need, he has a mean streak in him but is actually good. I guess after watching him destroy ppl all year on sat. then watchin Chilo suck so bad on sunday i'm just ready for a change. Like I said though if we're feelin froggy and Harbaugh can get him to actually play up to his potential Marvin Austin could be the pick there.
Here it goes...

1. We have the same first round picks! I like Amukamara a lot. He's tough and loves contact, rare for a corner. Not only is he physical, he's a very good cover corner as well.

2. I can see where you're going with the guard from Wisconsin but I don't feel like that's a need at this point. I think Harbaugh sees that Adam Snyder is better at Chilo Rachal at starts Snyder. Rachal was Singletary's baby, he shouldn't have started the whole season. But if we do get Moffitt that's going to be a very scary offensive line.

3. I agree this is where we take our QB of the future. Colin Kaepernick will go in the second round. Teams will see his size, speed, and arm strength and will be very impressed. I like Devlin the most out of the rest of the QBs. Ponder had a great game at the Senior Bowl being named MVP. I can see us getting either Devlin, Ponder, or even Stanzi if he is there.

4. Greg Romeus. I'm very interested in this pick. Several mocks had him rated very high before his injuries set in. But another project from a 4-3 defensive end to an OLB. Wouldn't mind getting him in the fourth.

4. Sorry, but I don't like this pick. After watching the Senior Bowl practices, a lot of the commentators noted that Salas was more quick than he is fast. I really can't judge him too hard but he came from an offense where all they do is pass. That means you know he has good hands. But with the depth of our current receiving corps I don't see us taking a WR this early.

5. I like this pick. We need a new fullback. If Marecic is available this late in the draft, we go his direction. If not, we go to Havili.

6. Sherman does not fall this far. Had a strong showing at the Senior Bowl reach really helped his stock. After a good combine or pro day, I think he'll go before the fifth round is over.

6. Don't know much about Carpenter but having depth on the offensive line is always good. Like.

7. For your seventh round pick and the compensatory pick I don't really know a whole lot about them.

Overall a good draft. I wouldn't reach for a guard in the second especially since we draft a guard and a tackle in the first round last year.
I love reading mocks, keep up the good work guys. I will post mines after the combine, hopefully you guys will updates yours if your feelings change based on what you see.
I like it a lot, good job man.
if we get salas im getting his jersey

I love the Salas pick my man.....glad to hear someone agrees with me......just IMO I like FB Stanley Havili better, I think hes got better hands.
Great another year we don't fix our pass rush. Oh well...better chance to draft Luck next year.
I say we make a run at Andy Dalton in 2nd or 3rd round. I don't know why, but I like that guy, I think he could be good.
Von Miller most likely won't be around in the 7th rd. Hell if he is i'm all for grabbin him. I believe we need to address the secondary with our 1st rd pick more then a pass rusher. Prince has the talents to be one of the best in the NFL.

I agree with this.

[ Edited by NewEraNiner on Feb 1, 2011 at 17:57:29 ]
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
if we get salas im getting his jersey

That makes 2 of us!
Share 49ersWebzone