There are 184 users in the forums

Harbaughs Stanford players

I like marecic I think he's the hybrid wco fullback we need and wanted him before we signed harbaugh I really like fua also and Richard Sherman. I think we should draft those 3 with our 2 4th rounders and Our 5th round pick
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Okay people, be honest. Had we hired someone else who runs a WCO would you still be talking about drafting these guys? There are so many better options at these positions, either in the draft or already in the league. This is no time to play favorites.
Originally posted by sfout:
Okay people, be honest. Had we hired someone else who runs a WCO would you still be talking about drafting these guys? There are so many better options at these positions, either in the draft or already in the league. This is no time to play favorites.

In the later rounds probably yeah. Nobody's talking about using a 1st or 2nd or 3rd on them. But spending a 6th rounder? Why not?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

In the later rounds probably yeah. Nobody's talking about using a 1st or 2nd or 3rd on them. But spending a 6th rounder? Why not?

Exactly.

Especially if we have a truncated offseason.

These are Stanford athletes. Bunch of nerds, right? They can help implement the offense.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Exactly.

These are Stanford athletes. Bunch of nerds, right? They can help implement the offense.

I'm not bagging on the players by any means, I just think it is funny that we would've never talked about them had we not hired Harbaugh. Like I said Sherman or Fua could be great but the other guys, not so much.

Exactly.

I'm not bagging on the players by any means, I just think it is funny that we would've never talked about them had we not hired Harbaugh. Like I said Sherman or Fua could be great but the other guys, not so much.

Marecic was a TOP 10 finalist for the 2010 Heisman, so I wouldn't call him junk. That is a big honor for a fullback/LB hybrid.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Exactly.

Marecic was a TOP 10 finalist for the 2010 Heisman, so I wouldn't call him junk. That is a big honor for a fullback/LB hybrid.

Being a Heisman winner let alone a heisman nominee doesn't automatically translate to NFL greatness. With Marecic I would rather take a proven commodity like Le'Ron McClain.

Exactly.

Being a Heisman winner let alone a heisman nominee doesn't automatically translate to NFL greatness. With Marecic I would rather take a proven commodity like Le'Ron McClain.

No one said that Marecic was destined to greatness, but he does have some level of success and recognition as a fullback. That means something. I'm not sure how many fullbacks are Heisman TOP 10 nominees usually.

Further, we are talking about the draft here, not free agency or trades.

Exactly.

No one said that Marecic was destined to greatness, but he does have some level of success and recognition as a fullback. That means something. I'm not sure how many fullbacks are Heisman TOP 10 nominees usually.

Further, we are talking about the draft here, not free agency or trades.

Cosigned. I'd probably rather have McClain too, but I wouldn't mind getting Marecic if he's not available.

I didn't just suddenly like Sherman's game because he played for Harbaugh. I was impressed how he played in a couple games this year(IIRC he had a good bowl game) and in the senior bowl also. He has nice size and decent athleticism, plus I've seen him in an interview and he seems like a smart guy with a good work ethic.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Marecic as starting Fullback, and special teams stud (4th)

Fua as DL depth (4th)

Beeler as OG/C depth (7th or UDFA)

[ Edited by cools on Jan 31, 2011 at 06:37:27 ]

we probably wont draft anymore then 1
NT Fua in the 4th

and the Fb in the 6th
I think Fua solidified himself in the third round. I just don't see him dropping to the fourth. He did well playing as a 4-3 DT instead of his 3-4 NT spot. He seems perfect for Fangio's D as he played it last year. He would immediately bolster the NT spot and would be ahead of the curve allowing RJF to focus on LDE to compete against Ice, IMO.

He would be able to provide Fangio the depth pieces to keep his D fresh especially in the fourth quarter. Again, that learning curve can be dramatic. How fortunate would it be if we did take him and just plugged him in to compete with Franklin especially if Franklin holds out again. I expect we tag him again.

This gives the rook time to develop synergy with the rest of the DL. But first things first, he must be drafted by us.

I also dig Marecic. He seems like a Rathman clone. Didn't he have great hands at Stanford and caught out of the backfield? He would be another to grab in the fourth.

I really like those two.
Originally posted by ninertico:
I think Fua solidified himself in the third round. I just don't see him dropping to the fourth. He did well playing as a 4-3 DT instead of his 3-4 NT spot. He seems perfect for Fangio's D as he played it last year. He would immediately bolster the NT spot and would be ahead of the curve allowing RJF to focus on LDE to compete against Ice, IMO.
1.why do u think that his 307 pounds would be enough to play NT in the nfl? it may work at college level but who knows about the pro-level?
2.who is Ice???
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by ninertico:
1.why do u think that his 307 pounds would be enough to play NT in the nfl? it may work at college level but who knows about the pro-level?
2.who is Ice???

Soapoaga.
Share 49ersWebzone